SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

SOTD : 12th March 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Pearl Man Shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Blade: RK Stainless. ( D1)
Razor: Parker 99r.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Lemon Cologne./Cien Sensitive ASB./ Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave with the RK stainless. First impression?.. Performance & feel they're very much like the Sunny Supreme Stainless "Not too sharp, and not too dull"...I didn't have any dulling issues throughout the shave and paired together well with the Parker 99r making a smooth non-aggressive efficient subcontinent duo.

A enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 12 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor ZY430
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Orange Empire
Very nice lather qualities from the soap. Good scent, cooling sensation, and a super-rich, creamy slick lather...
This shave with the razor was enjoyable. The edge was refreshed on full balsa pasted progression and stropped on buffalo leather. Smooth and comfortable enough in 3passes without any issues managing a dfs/ccs result. The aftershaves were great!
20220312_121709.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt2203121fk78.jpg

- Saponificio Varesino Mirto di Sardegna
- Semogue SpS 2021 LE Finest
- Edwin Jagger DE87 with Sputnik blade
- Myrsol Plastic Shave

:D

Good morning all,

Prep, hot shower
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Copper Alpha Outlaw
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (1st use)
Cream, Proraso (Green mineral)
ASB, Zingari Unscented

Always nice to have a shower and shave to start the day.

The cream lathered up very very easily. Lots of lather, nice and thick and creamy. It went on nicely and provided a great surface to work on.

I did my usual 3 grain pass. Absolutely zero issues, no nicks / cuts / weepers / irritation. A nice clean and close shave.

I am thoroughly enjoying shaving at the moment and I hope you all do as well.

Best,

Ben

Saturday 12th March

Semogue 2015HD Silvertip - Signature Soaps Mamucium - Yaqi Tile/DSC Titanium/Treet Extra Tez - Yardley Legacy EDP

It has been some time since I last used an Extra TEZ....and today reminded me as to the reason. The end result was good...but the first pass scraped rather than cut.
3 passes for a DFS+ result. Not as deep as I would have liked and I will use something different tomorrow

Last edited:
SOTD 12-Mar
20220309_143012.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Braizier'
Soap: Mammoth Santa Noir
Razor: Blackland Era (5)
Blade: Nacet (3)

Another excellent shave with the Era, the level 5 was the right choice for me. For those days when I'm pushed for time it'll take enough off in one pass to look presentable for most of the day, two passes and I'm good till the evening. I don't know why but I was expecting it to be very light as well, but I'm happy to say it has a nice enough weight (not heavy by any stretch but nice).

I'm going to give the duff OC Level 5 that came along with it tomorrow, at least I'll get a feel for the one side that seems fully intact before the replacement arrives.

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday
Last day with this blade, it's done 3 decent, 3-pass shaves.
The Tech has done a grand job, been cleaned and gone back in it's box.
Løthur Tears is a nice scent and I like the way my face feels after its use.

Good start to the weekend earlier, now back to colouring with my granddaughters. The 9 year old puts me to shame on the colouring front. I am however slightly better than the 3 year old! Not that artistic to be honest, but my technical drawing is decent though!

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_112506__01.jpg
    IMG_20220312_112506__01.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 4
275402472_1057258401495836_7129500605228139781_n.jpg

Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Gentlemans Face Care Club Caribbean Limes Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (2)

After a few days using the travel setup of Wars duo and Tech, this was a refreshing change. I needed something to hopefully keep me awake while I take the eldest for a day of Urdd Eisteddfod prelims. If you don't know what this is, imagine the torture of sitting in a school hall, hearing the same sample piece of text sung or recited by different children at an interval of a couple of minutes over a few hours. While scores of other schoolkids run amok. And your kid is on stage for the briefest of periods then you sit through everyone else's brats. And there's not even a bar ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom