SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

SOTD, Thursday 17 March 2022

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room: Essence of Scotland Scottish Heather.
Brush: Blackland (Signature).
Razor: Blackland Era-SB (level 4).
Blade: Personna Platinum (Day 3).

View attachment 85733

I hope everyone is well; it's been a while since I have posted - my mum was unwell in the summer of last year and thankfully had recovered; my dad is not so good at the moment - and I went into my shell, a little.

I was lucky to order and get a Blackland Era; I ordered the SB level 4 and the OC level 3; the postman came by surprise on Monday with this beauty - made all the better as HMRC did not demand a cut :) .

3 Passes: WTG, XTG (L - R) and XTG (R - L); DFS+/BBS- finish - skin felt very comfortable afterwards and no issues to report.

The Era thus far is a great razor - I feel that it has something to offer for everyone, whatever their experience in DE shaving - Shane has pulled another beauty out of the bag; in my opinion (and I appreciate YMMV) this is a great daily driver - smooth, efficient, kind on the skin and touching wood, it feels as if little could go wrong when shaving.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this razor - its unique in the line of Blackland razors - the Blackbird for me is still the no1 in the Blackland line-up, however for me that is a 2 pass razor - this has more forgiveness, and 3 passes if needed is easily possible with no issues.

All the best,

Chris
Welcome back Chris, sorry to hear about your dad's illness, I hope things turn around for him.
You are amongst friends here
Best wishes,

Paul.

Friday AM 2022-03-18
National Forgive Mom & Dad Day
ekua9Ps.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap
Wilkinson Bonded System (4)
English Leather aftershave (vintage)
Dh0MsWw.jpg

20220318_154744.jpg
SOTD 18th March
Brush - Razorock Amici 22mm
Soap - TDS Kosmetika Lilac notes
Razor - Supply 2.0 2 dot Comfort plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #5
Post - Oaken Labs balm

2 days growth was no match for the above combo. Love this blade in the Supply. DFS finish easily achieved without really trying. Super slick lather with a scent that's growing on me.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

DA71BE84-6C64-484F-BFB0-32B855A4EE51.jpeg
SOTD: 18/03/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Proshave S, 10th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm sample
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great shave despite pushing the blade well beyond it’s best. It dropped off fairly quickly as it was ok on the last use but 10 is pretty good going. I’m almost through all my free samples but I’ve yet to find a better blade than the feather and todays shave with the proshave did nothing to convince me otherwise. The Shannon’s soap is a delight soap with a great scent, based on Chanel Allure. The weekends here and the Amaretto shorts are going down a treat!
All the best guys.

That is my favourite brush out of Graeme's range. Gonna get one when he starts making them again. Just waiting for Matron to let him have the key to the knife drawer!
It’s quickly become my favourite along with the G5C knot. The wide base and slim handle make it a perfect match for my gorilla mitts! It just fits my mitts! I need to save for another with a boar knot.

Fri 18 SOTD
Soap Stirling Varen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Clubman Gents Gin
Wow...this soap is just awesome! The creamy and very slick lather...but the best is the scent...whoaaa...hahaha!
This shave with the razor was excellent! The edge was refreshed on balsa & buffalo strop. Smooth, comfortable, keen, and singing...3passes for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs finish with any issues. The aftershaves were terrific...somehow matching the soap!
20220318_115930.jpg

Back
Top Bottom