SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

275766663_680686973052882_1316847861607105914_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)

Is there nothing the Dorco Titan can't do? :unsure: Well, yes actually - plenty of things. However so far the one thing is does very well is pair with every single razor I've put it through. In fact, whisper it quietly but today's shave felt better than with the previously installed GSB. Splash of Brut's fruitier brother and good to go :giggle:

Last edited:
SOTD, Thursday 17 March 2022

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room: Essence of Scotland Scottish Heather.
Brush: Blackland (Signature).
Razor: Blackland Era-SB (level 4).
Blade: Personna Platinum (Day 3).

View attachment 85733

I hope everyone is well; it's been a while since I have posted - my mum was unwell in the summer of last year and thankfully had recovered; my dad is not so good at the moment - and I went into my shell, a little.

I was lucky to order and get a Blackland Era; I ordered the SB level 4 and the OC level 3; the postman came by surprise on Monday with this beauty - made all the better as HMRC did not demand a cut :) .

3 Passes: WTG, XTG (L - R) and XTG (R - L); DFS+/BBS- finish - skin felt very comfortable afterwards and no issues to report.

The Era thus far is a great razor - I feel that it has something to offer for everyone, whatever their experience in DE shaving - Shane has pulled another beauty out of the bag; in my opinion (and I appreciate YMMV) this is a great daily driver - smooth, efficient, kind on the skin and touching wood, it feels as if little could go wrong when shaving.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this razor - its unique in the line of Blackland razors - the Blackbird for me is still the no1 in the Blackland line-up, however for me that is a 2 pass razor - this has more forgiveness, and 3 passes if needed is easily possible with no issues.

All the best,

Chris
I hope your Dad picks up soon, fella. It's been a difficult period and hopefully with Spring and better days to come, things will pick up

@Razorboy - Morning; your Gillette New and the set-up looks stunning! I love all the variables of wet shaving - it's become a hobby/life-style thing. If only SWMBO could understand :)
Cheers, luckily the Mrs is remarkably understanding, possibly just patient or forgiving but I'll take what I can get.

I do get the sneaky suspicion she doesn't quite comprehend the extent of the collection seeing as a good bit of it is packed away, I'll keep it that way for my safety sake...if there's a sudden deluge on BST from me you know what's happened!

Cheers, luckily the Mrs is remarkably understanding, possibly just patient or forgiving but I'll take what I can get.

I do get the sneaky suspicion she doesn't quite comprehend the extent of the collection seeing as a good bit of it is packed away, I'll keep it that way for my safety sake...if there's a sudden deluge on BST from me you know what's happened!

She does; she went on the hunt one day looking for all my gear - got busted big time.

As lovely as SWMBO is, the one thing she cannot stand is beards; I stopped shaving for 5 days and staus-quo was resumed :)

SOTD, Friday 18 March 2022

Pre-shave:
Soap: Signature Soaps - Vectis Hybrid Shaving Soap Grapefruit, Frankincense and Lavender Essential Oils.
Blade: Astra Blue (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, Clairns Aftershave Enigizer, followed by Banana Boat AloeVera Gel and Antica Barbieria - Green Tobacco Aftershave Milk.

Decided to try the Era with a blade that on occassions for me is a tad on the aggressive side: the Astra Blue. A lovely 3 pass shave WTG, ATG (L - R) and WTG (R-L) - a BBS finish with no issues to report.

The Vectis soap is devine - everything about it is top drawer! I love the Clarns Aftershave - it quickly tells me if I have overshaved - a plesant tingle, no burn. The Era certainly calmed the Astra Blue for me.

Not that I needed it, I decided to go for the Banana Boat Aloe vera followed by the AB Aftershave Milk - both feel silky smooth and get sucked into my skin after a shave.

If I remember, the Era will be loaded with a Feather tomorrow.

All the best,

Chris

Era-18-3 (2).jpg

SOTD, Friday 18 March 2022

Pre-shave:
Soap: Signature Soaps - Vectis Hybrid Shaving Soap Grapefruit, Frankincense and Lavender Essential Oils.
Blade: Astra Blue (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, Clairns Aftershave Enigizer, followed by Banana Boat AloeVera Gel and Antica Barbieria - Green Tobacco Aftershave Milk.

Decided to try the Era with a blade that on occassions for me is a tad on the aggressive side: the Astra Blue. A lovely 3 pass shave WTG, ATG (L - R) and WTG (R-L) - a BBS finish with no issues to report.

The Vectis soap is devine - everything about it is top drawer! I love the Clarns Aftershave - it quickly tells me if I have overshaved - a plesant tingle, no burn. The Era certainly calmed the Astra Blue for me.

Not that I needed it, I decided to go for the Banana Boat Aloe vera followed by the AB Aftershave Milk - both feel silky smooth and get sucked into my skin after a shave.

If I remember, the Era will be loaded with a Feather tomorrow.

All the best,

Chris

View attachment 85745
Thank you

Sotd-18-03-22.png

ATT Calypso alu - M plate
Treet Platinum (7)
Simpson Special best
Williams Menthol Ice Fresh - Spanish
warm water, witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive moisturiser
ADP Colonia.

Life is so much easier when the sun is shining. A nice minty hit from the Williams - I find it a great cream at the price. I think we can add longevity to the inestimable talents of the Treet Platinum. There's life left in it yet. Have a good weekend all - saludos - I.

View attachment 85751

ATT Calypso alu - M plate
Treet Platinum (7)
Simpson Special best
Williams Menthol Ice Fresh - Spanish
warm water, witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive moisturiser
ADP Colonia.

Life is so much easier when the sun is shining. A nice minty hit from the Williams - I find it a great cream at the price. I think we can add longevity to the inestimable talents of the Treet Platinum. There's life left in it yet. Have a good weekend all - saludos - I.
I have an ATT R1
R1 and Treet platinum is my fav combo
the last blade I thought might give me certain results
I own more than one nice razor and sleeve of blades but honestly, months of tests tell me that I might as well be alone with this ...

IMG_0647.jpg

Got it! A great blade match for the Envoy! The Voskhod. It’s always been a favourite of mine, as it’s smooth and not too bitey. On this shave it just clicked.

It’s been three days since my last shave, so there was some good stubble for the Envoy to deal with. After some humming and hawing I selected the Trumper’s Limes cream and used a good amount of it and the Proraso green pre-shave. I really worked the soap, as to start with it was too sudsy but some vigorous brush work, and more time than usual, meant I had a deep lather layer to cushion the Envoy. The Milk Churn is superby sized and paints beautifully.

I could quickly tell the blade was working well, although the acid test is on the neck and under the nose going ATG. Yes there was still blade feel, yes there’s good audible feedback but during this shave, it didn’t feel like the razor wanted to bite me.

Nonetheless I still took my time, and applied proper technique but it’s great to have found that one of my favourite blades works so well for me in the Envoy.

I do have a Feather sitting out on the counter but that may be taking things a little far!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: Trumper’s Limes Cream
Brush: Simpson Milk Churn
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Trumper’s Limes Cologne
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

18/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Rockwell 6S
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
View attachment 85748
Nice that!
Stay safe and enjoy your day all
Nice to see another Trafalgar user! It's my favourite P&B soap and such a shame they discontinued it. I have a spare tub in deep storage!

Fri 18th March

Jayaruh Syn No67
Tabac soap
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 5 )
Tabac A/S Lotion

One of those occasions when things go right from the off, the dampened brush whisked up a superb Lather in a trice.Probably my best ever Lather with the Tabac, it was so rich and slick that The Enoch was able without any hassle to deliver what only be described as a Face Stroker.

50E5AD3F-E777-486B-A7D2-8B4DDA510474.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom