SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

Wednesday 16th March

AM-JKLX4SEzGMuW6G1xIKwNjvzOvgTiPliVxQcMrBDAbEeI_0Qox5s5CGGEQ6QtBY1beT5WoVcPaIlvWa9hNq-KULyTEm6lQxburRzg8dI_jPZ8q0k-oxHt22jFviNi0O5JZe8uM_bnq4sGO03YVyi_GSLx9jg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Potter & Moore Lavender (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Mach3 Limited Edition & Gillette Mach3 Cartridge (10)
Ach Brito Lavande Eau de Cologne (as Aftershave)

Thu 17 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
Terrific lather from the soap! Richly creamy and very slick with a nice stout scent too...
The shave with this razor after a 0.1um balsa then buffalo strop was satisfactory. The edge is good but my techniques still need improvement, especially below the jawline/neck. 3 quick passes for a dfs-ccs finish. The aftershaves were terrific too.
20220317_090844.jpg

SOTD : 17th March 2022.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Erasmic Shave Cream.
Blade: RK Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker 89r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

St Patrick's day Shave,

Last use to the RK Stainless blade to end my Subcontinent blades run which has impressed me with it's longevity and smoothness with each outing during the week.

My reacquaintance with the Subcontinent blades has been good i have no complaints regardless to the blades manufacturing location in the Indian subcontinent. Some have been better than others, but only marginal....The three Treet Carbon blades which have really surprised me with their smoothness have been superb, especially 'Treet-Dura Sharp' also not forgetting the Sunny Supreme Stainless (Indian) Gillette WS, Winner Platinum & stainless.

My favourite's throughout the run have been the 'Treet-Dura Sharp' & Treet 7 Days Platinum....The smoothness and the longevity of these blades is outstanding.....However, all of the blades i used throughout the run have gave me acceptable shaves of which i will continue to use in future shaves.

The Erasmic shave cream is another inexpensive shaving cream that doesn't have much of a scent, but makes up for it's performance and post shave feel.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 17-Mar
20220315_130401.jpg
Brush: C&H Casanova
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Gillette Tech (56)
Blade: GSB (1)

I was supposed to be on the Era for the next few days but honestly the shiny new arrival just kept calling to me from the cupboard. Loaded a fresh GSB lathered up and away I went. Bloody love it, same feel as the other techs (unsurprisingly) but with added weight, minimal pressure needed and it took everything in its stride.

The other couple of techs I picked up are great, but this is the one for me and to look at it I'd be hard pressed to say it has ever been used alternatively someone has just really looked after it.

Smooth and ready for the day ahead, one happy chappy. Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (4)
Blade: Yellow 7 o'clock (1)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Goodfellas' smile Amber Fougere

Fresh blade for today's shave and also a new setting. Gone up to 4 from my usual 3 which I find it suits me well. More bite and a few wheepers. However no irritation whatsoever. The Fatboy is incredibly smooth. I don't think I'll go higher than 4. I'll see how the lower settings behave but I think they'll be less efficient so I can see myself staying at 3.
The soap was a bit overpowering but a nice complex scent. Performance wise absolutely no complaints.

SOTD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom