SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

SOTD: 06/10/2022

Razor: Colonial General With UFO Colibri Handle
Blade: Feather Professional, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of Something Dark And Gothic
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack

Experimented with the Colonial General with a titanium handle. For me it certainly helped. Still nothing like as smooth as the Hawk v3 though.

045E1D9F-5018-483A-9BD1-DAFDA44FAF87.jpeg

Thursday 6th October
Pal Injectomatic - Schick Platinum Swede #1 - Vitos Red Super - Yaqi Red Marble - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Real Shaving Co Balm
SICGZ5s.jpg

Keeping up the open comb theme out came my 1911 ABC Button Company Gillette Silver Double Ring from its basket weave travel case.
Loaded up fourth use of Wilkinson by Gillette, synthetic brush and lavender soap. I still can’t get used to the colour of this soap but it lathers well and has a fine scent. Better not to use a white towel though. Two passes and pick up for a BBS finish.
Admiration is due for the Gillette designers who produced this fantastic razor. It has an easy on the eye elegance, lightness and balance and is an absolute joy to use today over 100 years after it went on sale. The head comb thickness in particular is really slim and if you look closely at the comb, one end tooth on each edge is slightly turned in towards its adjacent tooth (foto below). I’m guessing this is to get close in difficult places like under the nose? I don’t think this is later damage as the razor has clearly been cherished in its lifetime, but may have been a mod by a previous owner. I’d like to think it was the Gillette designer’s attention to detail at work here.
Have a lovely day fellas!

8CAF92C3-B107-4B45-A014-17B6C672B028.jpegE2B03BC3-D8C7-4F72-82CE-DE1BEE21B5A1.png

Thursday October 6, 2022
Razor: Gibbs Adjustable/Copper Handle
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Fluffy Inds./Oumo Boar
Soap: HCSW Friday Night Lights
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: John Varvatos Dark Rebel
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,430
View attachment 94470
That’s a great looking handle for the Gibbs, for my Gibbs adjustable which came with a handle which had a crack in it, so ordered a black and a red plastic handles off Etsy.

Thursday 6th October

Pre: Olive Oil Soap
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream
Razor: Lady Eversharp K2 with a Personna Blade #3

No Pic today. I seem to have knackered some ligaments round my left knee so mobility is not the best. My wife has gone to Horse of the Year for a couple of days so that's me cleanly shaven and smelling like a chocolate bar with no one around to appreciate it!

SOTD 81.JPG

Soap – Lea cream
Brush – Alpha T400 w AP cashmere fan
Razor – Rocnel Sailor 2022
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue ) (2)
A/S – Floid MV
Balm – Lea 3in1

I threw in an impromptu shave to try out the razor on the lower settings with light growth however it only served as a reminder why I usually shave every 3 – 5 days.
First two passes #3 ….. third pass and pickups #2.
A few weepers and a bit of burn and not quite the ease and comfort that I’m used to. I put this down to my inexperience with the razor and it’s also likely my skin needed another day or two to recover fully from my last shave.

The end result was excellent though and the Floid and Lea combination provided a fantastic post shave “sting and freeze” which nullified any lasting burn or irritation.

Enjoy your day everyone !

Thursday 6th October

Pre: Olive Oil Soap
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream
Razor: Lady Eversharp K2 with a Personna Blade #3

No Pic today. I seem to have knackered some ligaments round my left knee so mobility is not the best. My wife has gone to Horse of the Year for a couple of days so that's me cleanly shaven and smelling like a chocolate bar with no one around to appreciate it!

Hope your knee recovers soon Brian.

6/10/22

Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Razor - Gillette RFB Long Comb
Blade - Silver Star (3)
Post - Brut Oceans

I've been using Signature Soaps for a while now, and even still I manage to load a bit too much soap as I forget it really needs so little to get a huge amount of lather. My tub of Eboracum is a few years old now and some of the scent seems to have dissipated a little, but the performance of the lather is truly exceptional.
It was the first outing for my new acquisition, the long comb RFB Gillette OC. I was expecting it to perform like my other OC RFB Gillette which has a short comb, but the long seems to have a smaller blade gap, and in the shave it's quite a bit milder. For the first pass, I was questioning whether I should have paired the razor with a slightly sharper blade (like a Gillette Nacet) but for the second pass produced an excellent shave when I put on the splash, with little to no burn or post shave irritation, a sign of a great shave.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20221006_141400031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom