SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

SOTD: 1st October 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Face Lather.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013) (Face)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D1)

Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush Squeezing's/Cold water Face & Head rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut Sport Style ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Continuing with the focus of revisiting DE blades adding with my humble collection of OC razors throughout the month along with an assortment of DE & SE razors

Starting the month off with the assertive semi-open comb Muhle R41 & the mild yet efficient Gillette Guard.

A comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 1
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Absolute best lather from this soap. Rich, creamy, and very slick!! Whip-up up perfectly with the excellent brush. Somehow...the splash just goes well with the soap! A nice relaxing shave with the razor and blade combo. Uneventful 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20221001_103826.jpg

01/10/22
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant"
Edge - @Fergiebilly
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling GreenWk 40 (1).JPG
So, after what seems to be an eternity, i am getting back to my weekly Straight Shave Saturday and Vintage Wednesdays with whatever in between.
For this month the OSP soaps are getting a run out, always a pleasure to use.
So to the shave, I am not sure if i am out of practice or i have dulled the edge during stropping of the Thiers today as it did not seem as smooth as it should, i will check it later under the loupe and maybe give it a 5k - 8k - 12k Pyramid touch up.
2 Passes giving a fine finish and no indication from the post shave routine so pretty happy overall.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Today's shave:

rdt22100128c9g.jpg

- Zingari/B&M Nocturne
- Alpha Classic Synthetic
- Mühle CC with NoName handle and Feather blade
- Proraso red aftershave

:)

1st October
Cold face wash
Taylor oOBS pre shave oil.
GEM Micromatic with slightly modded injector blade (thanks for the tip Tony) just visible in foto.
Amici soap, mild scent but really easy to apply and keep the lather.
Re knotted Badger in butterscotch vintage handle (major improvement from yesterday :eek: ).
Two passes and minimum of clean up around chin line for a great shave to start October.
Minor bit of extra work modding the injector but otherwise to me the GEM and the injector blades are pretty much on a par for performance and efficiency in this razor.
Chanel Allure Homme aftershave and now ready to face the day :)

Have an enjoyable weekend fellas!

064C0B38-B70E-4206-88BD-78E9BECA080B.jpeg

Sotd 01/09
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Barrister and mann Seville omnibus
Splash: Barrister and mann Seville
Balm: Barrister and mann Seville
Edt: Barrister and mann Seville
Alum bloc
Brush: boti 30mm synthetic
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: Gillette toggle D1 1958
Blade: Gillette permasharp 1st use

Scent notes: lemon, bergamot, rosemary, lavender, patchouli and oakmoss.
Full on Seville shave this morning and a great fresh way to start a Saturday love the scent on this one and probably my favourite soap base also used the toggle and paired with the permasharp its a great combo really nice close and smooth shave
1st pass setting 8
2nd pass setting 7
3rd pass setting 7
20221001_085225.jpg20221001_085820.jpg

Sat 1st October

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
L`Occitane Cade soap
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
Tuff Red A/S Lotion
A going out Shave as new Energy Prices kick in, my account in the black so we are going to an excellent country Pub for Luncwh while we still can.
Used my regular going out Razor these days - Claymore Evolution. Created a superb lather with The Alpha brush/ Cade, which made for a most relaxed and quick Shave which resulted in what can only be described as a "Face Stroker"
Have a Good Weekend everybody , enjoy the Autumnal Sun.

IMG_92.jpeg

Saturday OCtober 1, 2022
Razor: Goodwill # 164
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Wolf Whisker/Badger
Soap: Stirling Deton-8
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: A&E Rèvolution
Fragrance: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,425

1st day of Open Comb OCtober brought out the Goodwill #164 since I used the #162 recently. Scent for today was Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb and 2 dupes of it with Stirling Deton-8 Soap with A&E Rèvolution Splash. LOVE this scent !! Have a great weekend Everyone !
IMG_20220930_211118277.jpg

IMG_20221001_105441_2.jpg
SOTD October 1st 2022

Razor - Tedalus Essence
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Tabacco Verde -Mondial
Brush - Simpson - Chubby 2 Synthetic
Post - BBA Post Shave Balm
Frag - Feuilles de Tabac - Miller Harris

For the past week I have been shaving with a Gillette Guard, it is a good razor as it does the job at removing growth but for me the shaves were devoid of any joy!
So this week I will be using the wonderful Essence from Tedalus fitted out with a Feather Pro Super AC blade
The shave was full of joy, the blade leaving my skin as smooth as I like it and that's super smooth!
The Mondial Tabacco Verde was whipped up to a lather as slick as frogspawn on a lilly pad by the Chubby 2 and has a wonderful scent perfect for the autumn.
A great shave to start October.
A few spray's of Feuilles de Tabac here and there and I'm looking sharp and smelling fabulous! :)

Have a great weekend chaps, stay safe.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom