SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

Wednesday

As my C&H Locale arrived yesterday, it had to be used. Seeing as I blathered on about cost and exchange rates, I thought it best to also use my birth year Slim. Then seeing as these are both imports from America, soap and splash chosen, American blend.

My first impression is a bit of a wow! Despite holding onto the lather a bit, it was superb and the Slim loaded with a Nacet followed it up perfectly.

BBS with 3 passes and a very happy bunny starts work today, let's see if I become more productive because of my super smooth start to the day.

Have a good one everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_092106__01.jpg
    IMG_20221005_092106__01.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 10
Welcome, welcome, welcome to my shave themed, 'OpenlyCopyingtober'

View attachment 94405

Copying machine - Occams Enoch
Copy cat - Kai Titan mild
Carbon copy - Zenith dark synthetic
Copy and paste - Signature Soaps Londinium
Copyulation - Collegen moisturiser

'If you think I am going to sit on that and photocopy my genitals you have another think coming'

Plagiarism. The cult of worshipping plagues. Or in this case openly stealing the intellectual rights and property of @Digimonkey .

I was rather impressed to say the least with Sr 11010110 Monkey's series of SOTD photos using pieces of art as a backdrop in a very artistic and wonderful manner. So I thought 'why not Copy the concept except use one of my own pieces of art(?)?'. So on this occasion I decided on 'The exploding box of coloured pencils'. Or at least that is what I think I called it. The actual title is written on the frame on the back but I am too damn idle to take it off the wall and look. With the number of pencils sticking out it wasn't too difficult to include various shaving implements in to the picture.

Enter the Enoch. God knows how long these AC blades go on for but this particular blade seems to have been in the razor for an eternity. Ask me what an eternity feels like. How ever long it is it still continues to perform in a very acceptable way. Another magnificent shave delivered without fault and thanks to the Londinium and Zenith for the pre-blade-on-skin effort. This Zenith is fast becoming a firm favourite and for £16 an inevitable bargain.

A shave as smooth as a very smooth thing.

And a message to you all....

Stuckist In the Middle with You? - as Stealers Wheel almost said. ;) - I.

05/10/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Ever Ready 1912, Peerless Deluxe set, 1951- Windrose Handle
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Dior Savage
Wk 40 (5).JPG
Well, i think the 1912 really suits the Windrose "Darwin" style handle, It felt really good in the hand and was very nice to use.
1st time i have used the bicycle inner tube blade hack, this, i found reduces the chatter and sound track to almost zero, the shave was really comfortable and i have ended up with a comfortable, BBS finish.
Spot on that!
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

05/10/22
Pre - Shower
Soap - OSP Spirits
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
A/S - Dior Savage
View attachment 94419
Well, i think the 1912 really suits the Windrose "Darwin" style handle, It felt really good in the hand and was very nice to use.
1st time i have used the bicycle inner tube blade hack, this, i found reduces the chatter and sound track to almost zero, the shave was really comfortable and i have ended up with a comfortable, BBS finish.
Spot on that!
That razor looks fab Tony. :)

Paul.

Wednesday 5th October

Omega S10077 - Yego Cream - FaTip Picolo Lo Storto OC/ Treet Classic (Carbon) #3 - Lynx Dark Temptation AS

A miserable day in the Brecon Beacons today and I wasn't going to bother with a post...but the shave was so nice I decided I would. I have a lot of nice 'stuff' but it wouldn't deliver any better than the result I had today! All I need now is for the sun to come out.............

5/10/22

Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Derby Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Silver Star (2)
Post - Nivea Replenishing Balm
AS - Brutal Classic

The first time I used the Derby Shaving stick, my lather was a little underwhelming, but this time around I managed to produce a delightfully thick, slick and glossy lather. My Old Type is a very mild razor and with a sharp blade like the Silver Star it was perfectly fine for a day's worth of stubble, and the shave was a very enjoyable one.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20221005_123223858.jpg

05/10/22
Pre - Shower
Soap - OSP Spirits
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
A/S - Dior Savage
View attachment 94419
Spot on that!

Nice combo Tony, I also used my Darwin handled WR1 today. I find this shape of handle fits well in the hand and despite the highly polished finish there is no fear of losing your grip (Well not with the razor anyway :) )

Wed 5th October

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
ER 1924
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S Lotion

The ER 1924 has been a favourite of mine, since I switched to using it with longer Razor handles. I have used it with a few, but today found a winner, in one from a Claymore Evolution. This Handle just seemed right weight wise and control of the Razor was superb.Probably one of my best ever Shaves with a 1924.

8D30789F-4385-410D-9735-6AC9741DB34B.jpeg

20221005_141055.jpg
My shave today involved my new Razorock Hawk V3 that I purchased from the BST thanks to @pjgh .
I have not shaved before with a SE and thought this would be a great razor to learn with.
It's got a nice weight and wow produced a real nice close shave.
I won't lie, I did get a couple of slight nics but that is purely down to my inexperience.
Great shave and looking forward to mastering the technique.
Thnx for reading.

Wednesday AM 2022-10-05
National Do Something Nice Day
YoANWzu.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Bleu de Chanel aftershave

The citrus, floral, and woody notes of the aftershave work really well with the pineapple scent of the soap, which is one of my favorites.
V0l2w7R.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom