SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

Razor = Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade = Rapira Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = PAA The Doppler
Soap = L’occitane
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Original
19180847-7297-4096-887A-28907B8348A1.jpegDecided to stick with the 3one6,
only my second use but i really enjoy it although this shave was anything but perfect.
Third use of the Rapira and i’m unsure if i made a mistake but it was a bit tuggy from the start but the lazy in me couldn’t be bothered changing it so persevered to the end.
Mind you it wasn’t a bad shave probably in the 7/10 mark.
Iv used Loccitane products including the soap for over 20 years and it really is a top performer,
not much scent but up there with mwf i think.
I think they were one of the first companies to use or certainly highlight the use of shea butter.
Anyway another day closer to retirement
Stay Safe

SOTD: 4th October 2022.

tues.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: OSP Neroli Shaving Soap.
Blade: Schick S/S Twin-Japan. (D9)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care Witch Hazel. / 4711 Original EDC-ASL. /Nivea Men
Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together superbly.

The Schick I1 Injector is such a great user-friendly shaving tool which is a pleasure to shave with...The Schick Japanese Twin blade on its 9th outing has exceeded beyond my expectations with their longevity, still feeling smooth and efficient.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men
Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

04/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 40 (4).JPG
I really like the OSP Sandalwood, personally its one of the best out there, YMMV of course.
2 passes with pick ups with the Tradere and Nacet combo for an easy BBS, comfortable finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

SOTD 04-Oct
20221003_122306.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: HAGS Resurrection
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (1)

Decent close shave, it's been a while since I used the manchurian, I think this has solidified that I've moved away from the density on this brush, my tastes now lay just a touch below this one. Good to know to be fair, at least I've ruled something out!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 04/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Professional, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Tabac Puck
Aftershave: Tabac EDT
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

Lovely shave this morning, I really do enjoy the Tabac hard soap. For me I normally get a slight Nick or weeper somewhere but never with this soap.

The Yaqi Excalibur definitely punches above its weight and while I often wonder what a Blackland Vector would be like being as it's ten times the cost, is it ten times better?........

8B3E3358-6E20-4B9B-9EC3-A5239032F2A2.jpeg

Tuesday 4th October
Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Schick Proline B #2 - OSP Sandalwood - Anbbas Tux - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Real Shaving Co Balm
eeyd162.jpg

DA788EAE-B617-4AB0-909C-9E4EFBBA43E3.jpeg

Charlie Bigham Chicken pie was delicious, thanks for asking. The left over clay pot has been put to good use after decanting RazoRock Stallion soap from its ugly plastic pot and then topping off with a painted stone lid, entitled “Dr Johnson“. He and his mates don’t look the happiest of individuals, maybe their pub has run out of ale?
Anyway, cut to the chase, pun unintended but the DLC-YAQI red dot adjustable looks like it could deliver serious damage if set at 6 which on my razor wasn’t actually the max setting. Could probably easily strip the bark off a tree :eek:. I used it set on 1 and it was perfect for my delicate features. Two passes and a pick up for a smooth finish.
English pewter handled synthetic produced a beautiful scented lather which easily passed my nearest and dearest’s sniff test.
Have a great day fellas!

4 October

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Blackland Signature
Tatara Nodachi
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

2CAFBB5E-27BB-46C5-87AD-FF6597A591E3.jpeg
The Barrister and Mann soap produces an excellent and wonderfully scented lather with a synthetic brush like the Blackland Signature. The Tatara razor with GSB on its second shave was smooth and comfortable and produced a close finish in two easy passes.

Tuesday OCtober 4, 2022
Razor: Timeless .95 OC
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Trotter Vein Quartz/2 Band Badger
Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia Laureato
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Avon Island Lime
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,428

From the house of the Bluegrass Boy AKA Tommy Carioca (although he is in the witness protection program and in an undisclosed state at the current writing of this :ROFLMAO:) I've been curious about this Company for awhile and thankful for the generous gift along with others to come in future shaves. This is described as a nice Bay scent. I get a subtle but enjoyable lemony citrus. The lather was dry and airy at 1st start and as water was added.....slowly, I got a wetter but thinner consistency with bubbles and was afraid to push it any further and break it. It had a tendancy to dissipate as people say Modern Williams does but I got a nice enjoyable shave with it and I'm happy to be able to try this brand and quench my curiousity. @BrianH Hibernia is a MUCH better soap and scent that this can't even hold a light to. Today some electrical upgrade work in the shave den bathroom is slated for accomplishment......Busy week this week.....everyone have a great day !
IMG_20221004_061203122.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday

Again, Gillette old type with a Wizamet iridium. Great results, but I still don't like the feel when I'm shaving, although I do try to appreciate the fact it's over a hundred years old and still gives super results.

TGS Shibusa- I think is fairly similar to the Stirling barbershop, which I like anyway, so this also has a scent I like. Performance wise, excellent and it was on offer when I bought it, so can't be too bad!

Have a good day all

Attachments

• IMG_20221004_080013__01.jpg
    IMG_20221004_080013__01.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
310429798_1126714421270206_9194566784946900507_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac new formula
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)

Tabac Tuesday today. The new formula continues to underwhelm, with an insipid lather and "off" scent. Thankfully the London Bridge blade did well. Not to Super Blue or Nacet levels, but enough for not to bin my collection following what must have been a previous bad tuck.
ASL from the little sample sprays I got off the 'bay. 18 months on and I'm not even a third of the way through them :oops::rolleyes:
Few days in hotels to see out the week now.

Back
Top Bottom