SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

SOTD 03-Oct
20221002_134139.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: MSC Most Wanted
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional

Needed a swift and close shave today so reached for the vector. Did not disappoint, wide smooth passes for a very good finish. Topped off with the MSC clone of Azzaro Wanted, smelling good and feeling smooth.

Fingers crossed the rest of the week goes as well, hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 03/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3 With Titanium Halo Handle
Blade: Feather Professional, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Snowinspring Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Old School Rockabilly Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Another damn fine shave. Now I am used to them my skin is thanking me for using SE blades as I get none of the irritation on my neck that DE blades gave me.

4D8E2BB6-3130-4040-B127-6F7EF9F51D88.jpeg

Monday 3rd October

Boti 26mmBoar - RazoRock 'The Plague Doctor' - FaTip Picolo Lo Storto OC/Treet Classic (carbon) - Bond Classic AS

Love the scent of this soap but I haven't used it for years. When originally bought...it drifted into becoming the soap I used prior to a night shift. Because I was having so many horrendous night shifts I started to associate the soap with being stressed out and just stopped using it.....silly isn't it! Anyway....that is all behind me now so it was nice to re meet an old friend!

3 passes for a super smooth and close shave :)

03/04/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Old Spice Original
Wk 40 (3).JPG
For me, using a synth on the OSP soap produces 3 x the amount of lather for a fraction of the loading compared to a Boar brush, to day i had loads of the good stuff to support the shave.
I fitted a new Nacet to the BR-1 and it was as smooth as silk, i could have got away with 2 passes and a touch up, however, as i had the lather i completed a full 3rd pass resulting in a comfortable, BBS finish.
I did enjoy that. The BR-1 could easily be my forever razor.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Early morning shave
Prep- washed face in basin with warmish water
Razor- Rockwell 6S r4
Soap- SV felce
Brush - Semague HD badger
Blade- Treet platinum
No photos today. Not yet bored of this set up as it gives exceptional shaves -the stubble doesnt come back for something like 12 hours. Havent showered for 72 or so hours since having a bilateral hernia operation on Thursday . I had a Croydon shower( no offence to anyone from that part of UK) - Lynx deoderant sprayed generously over my parts. Ive got to keep the key hole surgery glue holes (x3) dry and so have in the spirit of both austerity( electricity bills etc) as well as to ensure nothing goes wrong kept away from the shower . Lovely day. Have a good weekend.
-
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

@Burnsy best of luck with your recovery from your operation.

3/10/2022

Brush - Goofellas Smile 'The Hog'/10077
Soap - Stirling Electric Sheep
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Silver Star (1)
Post - Denim Original

Brian @culcreuch sent me a few samples of Stirling a while back, which I'd not really used, mainly down to keeping a beard for a significant proportion of the last 12 months! Now that I am back to shaving, I thought I should give these soaps a bit of a use, so I put the sample of Stirling Electric Sheep into a container (Nivea Cream for the win!) and give it a go. If I'm honest, I couldn't really remember much about how it performed and I was pleasantly surprised! I have a slight reticence towards a few modern shaving soaps as a few I have used not only make my face burn but can be a little too much for the oils they pack in, and can leave my face feeling a little greasy during and after the shave, but Stirling manages to bypass that. I'd describe the Stirling lather as a fairly traditional tallow lather, which might not be to the likings for everyone, but it definitely appeals to my tastes. With the superb lather, the Gillette Rocket and Silver Star combined beautifully, and I had a truly exceptional shave, one that took me by surprise.

Have a good start to the week Gents.

IMG_20221003_144441059_HDR.jpg

Early morning shave
Prep- washed face in basin with warmish water
Razor- Rockwell 6S r4
Soap- SV felce
Brush - Semague HD badger
Blade- Treet platinum
No photos today. Not yet bored of this set up as it gives exceptional shaves -the stubble doesnt come back for something like 12 hours. Havent showered for 72 or so hours since having a bilateral hernia operation on Thursday . I had a Croydon shower( no offence to anyone from that part of UK) - Lynx deoderant sprayed generously over my parts. Ive got to keep the key hole surgery glue holes (x3) dry and so have in the spirit of both austerity( electricity bills etc) as well as to ensure nothing goes wrong kept away from the shower . Lovely day. Have a good weekend.
-
Wishing you a quick recovery. Yours-Barry.

Back
Top Bottom