SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

Sd6GfuK.jpg

YaQi 24mm Cashmere brush
B&M Famine soap
Wizamet Super Iridium (#3)
Gillette Spiral Handle Tech T 4. Last year & quarter of USA Tech production 1973.

Incredible shave not hampered in the least by the light weight!! ;)

4/10/22

Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Yaqi Old Type Clone
Blade - Astra SP (2)
Post - Alum/Nivea Replenishing Balm
AS - Akcay Tobacco

In my mind the Astra SP is a middle of the road blade for it's sharpness, but in today's shave I think I underestimated how sharp the blade is and applied a little too much pressure in a few spots near my lower lip, and had a few weepers which were required to be closed up with the alum block.
An underwhelming shave, but at least I have tomorrow's shave to look forward to!

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20221004_161707216.jpg

SOTD 80.JPG

Soap – A&E The Undersea
Brush – Riva Spalted Beech w 28mm Silvertip
Razor – Rocnel Sailor 2022
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue )
A/S & Balm – A&E The Undersea

The razor and brush are belated birthday gifts. Shipping delays meant an eager wait but it was worth it. The fit and finish on both is exceptional and the quality hard to ignore.
First pass #5, second #4, third and pickups #3.
#5 is noticably efficient as you'd expect but not overly aggressive or threatening. I found it very smooth and comfortable on all settings and I had a great introductory shave although I'm confident that better will come when I get better acquainted with the razor and find my preferred adjustment settings.
The brush is a fair lump of timber and the untreated knot is a beaut and confirmed my preference over gels.
I'm well happy with both these new additions and already looking forward to my next shaves.

Pig in shit !

Enjoy your day everyone !

View attachment 94402

Soap – A&E The Undersea
Brush – Riva Spalted Beech w 28mm Silvertip
Razor – Rocnel Sailor 2022
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue )
A/S & Balm – A&E The Undersea

The razor and brush are belated birthday gifts. Shipping delays meant an eager wait but it was worth it. The fit and finish on both is exceptional and the quality hard to ignore.
First pass #5, second #4, third and pickups #3.
#5 is noticably efficient as you'd expect but not overly aggressive or threatening. I found it very smooth and comfortable on all settings and I had a great introductory shave although I'm confident that better will come when I get better acquainted with the razor and find my preferred adjustment settings.
The brush is a fair lump of timber and the untreated knot is a beaut and confirmed my preference over gels.
I'm well happy with both these new additions and already looking forward to my next shaves.

Pig in shit !

Enjoy your day everyone !
What wonderful birthday gifts! :)

Paul.

Tuesday 4th October

AL9nZEXBKEb8NVNXG5wrynRdWDg9aXGlTmNvYirBX2SZrqXfDVMQVL0qL41n9XgK5Bo5sTqMMJ8-ShioUxBMWX-2v62HQLRhJLjIZ4QYdBFtag8gHWj6urc02ugUsZ_2Z4-pwgTGaA4EbWQLPjY0cYDMNXcPDQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Butterscotch w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Treet Dura-Sharp (Carbon) (2)
DR Harris Pink Aftershave

The Treet Dura-Sharp on its second run is a wonderful thing!

I am really enjoying this T&H soap and enjoyed picking up the light florals with the DR Harris Pink aftershave. I've been wearing Ajmal 1001 Nights attar through the day, which is a powdery floral musk. All a bit girly for a burley fellow, but I say why the hell not? Why the hell not!

Tuesday 4th October

AL9nZEXBKEb8NVNXG5wrynRdWDg9aXGlTmNvYirBX2SZrqXfDVMQVL0qL41n9XgK5Bo5sTqMMJ8-ShioUxBMWX-2v62HQLRhJLjIZ4QYdBFtag8gHWj6urc02ugUsZ_2Z4-pwgTGaA4EbWQLPjY0cYDMNXcPDQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Butterscotch w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Treet Dura-Sharp (Carbon) (2)
DR Harris Pink Aftershave

The Treet Dura-Sharp on its second run is a wonderful thing!

I am really enjoying this T&H soap and enjoyed picking up the light florals with the DR Harris Pink aftershave. I've been wearing Ajmal 1001 Nights attar through the day, which is a powdery floral musk. All a bit girly for a burley fellow, but I say why the hell not? Why the hell not!
Why the hell not indeed, if you like it wear it! :)

Paul.

45CF6260-0365-40D9-919D-693D7C81F3D7.jpeg
The Ascension has been a delight, a bit of another revelation for me when it comes to open combs. I completely wrongly assumed that smoothness was an advantage of a solid bar but this razor has been as smooth a shave as I’ve had on many a solid bar.
The Master Soaps Creation and brush are great and today confirmed the Captains choice is consigned to the BST when I get the time. The 3-D bowl is just out performing it for speed and quality of lather.
Many thanks to @slapo for the opportunity to try these razors.

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my shave themed, 'OpenlyCopyingtober'

20221004_093857.jpg

Copying machine - Occams Enoch
Copy cat - Kai Titan mild
Carbon copy - Zenith dark synthetic
Copy and paste - Signature Soaps Londinium
Copyulation - Collegen moisturiser

'If you think I am going to sit on that and photocopy my genitals you have another think coming'

Plagiarism. The cult of worshipping plagues. Or in this case openly stealing the intellectual rights and property of @Digimonkey .

I was rather impressed to say the least with Sr 11010110 Monkey's series of SOTD photos using pieces of art as a backdrop in a very artistic and wonderful manner. So I thought 'why not Copy the concept except use one of my own pieces of art(?)?'. So on this occasion I decided on 'The exploding box of coloured pencils'. Or at least that is what I think I called it. The actual title is written on the frame on the back but I am too damn idle to take it off the wall and look. With the number of pencils sticking out it wasn't too difficult to include various shaving implements in to the picture.

Enter the Enoch. God knows how long these AC blades go on for but this particular blade seems to have been in the razor for an eternity. Ask me what an eternity feels like. How ever long it is it still continues to perform in a very acceptable way. Another magnificent shave delivered without fault and thanks to the Londinium and Zenith for the pre-blade-on-skin effort. This Zenith is fast becoming a firm favourite and for £16 an inevitable bargain.

A shave as smooth as a very smooth thing.

And a message to you all....

Wed 5
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Pearl OC on yaqi handle
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 1st
Aftershave Stirling Executive Man Splash
Fabulous cone of creamy and slick lather from the soap. Pleasant scent enhanced by the matching splash.
Good razor paired with good blade results in a great shave!
20221005_102757.jpg

SOTD 05-Oct
20221004_125305.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: GSB (2)

Very good shave this morning and a wonderful accent for an autumn day, smokey and warming. Usual Stirling performance, not top of the heap but does the job ably. Nice two pass for an irritation free smooth finish, let's hope the rest of the day goes as well.

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 05/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3 With Titanium Halo Handle
Blade: Feather Professional, 3rd use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Lea Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice (Imported From India). Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Nightwitch Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

It's not often I face lather but from time to time I get the urge. I have three of four shave sticks and today it was the turn of the Lea. For the price you cannot fault this soap.

The Hawk v3 with a Feather blade on its third use was butter smooth, I had to check there was a blade in it.

CBD9C904-DE90-45A2-B443-4017400D4DB1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom