SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

Wednesday 5th October

Soap • Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • PolSilver Wizamet Stainless (5)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous
Scent • Fan Di Fendi Assoluto EdT

PolSilver blade still going strong five shaves in. I'm tempted to give it another go.
What Cosmo lacks in scent it makes up for in performance.
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso used in defiance of the rubbish weather.
A few sprays of Fendi Assoluto to finish.
It's heavy on Tonka Bean and lasts a full day on me. @Norfolkdick put me on to this juice a few years back.
I just googled this EdT and got a shock at the price it is going for.

Screenshot_20221003-180021.png

SOTD October 5th 2022

Razor - Feather VTG Single II Injector (1970s)
Blade - Feather single
Soap - Valobra Unscented
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Post - Refinery post shave balm

My first use of this vintage injector razor. I had high hopes simply because it was made by Feather and this brings my Feather razor count to nine!
The razor feels top heavy but it performed perfectly and felt really nimble and gave very good audible feedback.
A fuss free shave that left me with a great finish.
I had some Japanese Schick blades in reserve but the Feather blade was perfect and made short work in mowing down a couple of days of stubble.
It's been a good few years since I've used an injector razor and I had forgotten just how much fun they are, I don't know if fun is the right word but it is was certainly very enjoyable! :)
I will be using this razor for the next week or so, I will keep you posted!

Enjoy your shaves and keep safe. :cool:

Paul.

View attachment 94449

SOTD October 5th 2022

Razor - Feather VTG Single II Injector (1970s)
Blade - Feather single
Soap - Valobra Unscented
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Post - Refinery post shave balm

My first use of this vintage injector razor. I had high hopes simply because it was made by Feather and this brings my Feather razor count to nine!
The razor feels top heavy but it performed perfectly and felt really nimble and gave very good audible feedback.
A fuss free shave that left me with a great finish.
I had some Japanese Schick blades in reserve but the Feather blade was perfect and made short work in mowing down a couple of days of stubble.
It's been a good few years since I've used an injector razor and I had forgotten just how much fun they are, I don't know if fun is the right word but it is was certainly very enjoyable! :)
I will be using this razor for the next week or so, I will keep you posted!

Enjoy your shaves and keep safe. :cool:

Paul.

I absolutely love the look of that razor. A fine acquisition there Paul!

CE3CAC60-FAF4-40B9-B3AA-035B7E701E36.jpeg
My first try with Southern Witchcrafts and I wasn’t sure about the scent, it feels an autumnal citrus which I like and its splash has massive longevity as it has lasted the full day but I’m just not sure it’s a favourite … yet! It’s a grower though. The base is just fabulous and I can see why so many rave about it. It lathered in seconds and was so creamy and smooth, no matter how much water I seemed to use. It was also the first soap where the lather was a slightly different colour when mixed, it actually looked like the top of clotted cream in colour a butter yellow. I’ll have to look into others no doubt!
Enjoy the rest of the day guys.

Wednesday 5th October

AL9nZEXBKEb8NVNXG5wrynRdWDg9aXGlTmNvYirBX2SZrqXfDVMQVL0qL41n9XgK5Bo5sTqMMJ8-ShioUxBMWX-2v62HQLRhJLjIZ4QYdBFtag8gHWj6urc02ugUsZ_2Z4-pwgTGaA4EbWQLPjY0cYDMNXcPDQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Muhle Rocca Gold & Treet Dura-Sharp (Carbon) (3)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Actually, I swapped the brush from the pictured SOC Butterscotch ('Rutger' as in Rutger Hauer; blonde hair and orange face) to my SOC Taj ('Klaus' as in Klaus Kinski; white hair, white face) but otherwise entirely the same ... and by the third shave, the Treet Dura-Sharp keeps on getting better. Super-smooth, super-comfortable, clean and close shave.

Halloween Frankenrazor:

I am trying to recreate the Titanium BBS-1 without actually buying one unless someone has one to sell.
Did the Titanium BBS-1 have a Stainless steel handle?
And the shave, phenomenal with the edge going to the LASSC BBS-1, the added weight of the stainless steel razor head adds something special.

Razor Head: Titanium Wolfman WR2 .95 SB
Handle: LASSC BBS-1
Razor Blade: Personna 74 (1)

IMG_5706.jpeg

Thu 6
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Gillette Perma-Sharp 2nd
Aftershave RazoRock XXX Splash
Good lather from the soap. The matching aftershave enhanced the pleasant scent.
This old razor is not very friendly but with the right blade, it can be wonderful. Today's pairing was good with the blade feeling so smooth and crisp. Managed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20221006_092535.jpg

SOTD: 6th October 2022.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Cien X-Bolt ASL. /L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off and the focus run of the Dorco Prime Platinum blade which have been a joy to shave with throughout the focus run.

Out of the three Dorco DE blades that i have revisited the Prime Platinum are my favourite. I find them smooth forgiving and efficient
which for me is a great combination and are well suited to my skin type'.

The WS boar brush was my first brush and still a work horse. Nothing fancy but nothing wrong with it either. It doesn't have much backbone and has shred a hair or two over the years, but it still does the job what more is required.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick- ups comfortable silky-smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 06-Oct
20221004_171200.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS AP Gelousy Bulb
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: GSB (3)

Obviously a little tired this morning, took the razor to my face and immediately thought 'wow this bugger is more aggressive than I remember', didn't think anything else of it or perhaps the brain just wasn't firing yet. Popped the razor down to relather, picked up for the second pass and the head span like a top, oops. Actually tightened the head and went in for the second, that one was a little more familiar.

Despite the oversight didn't catch myself and a decent finish, nice to know the razor can cope with a bleary eyed half asleep user!

Clearly copious quantities of caffeine are going to be called on otherwise people aren't getting bugger all from me in meetings today!

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
06/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - OSP Neroli
Wk 40 (6).JPG
An early morning shave today, the RR400 Plissoft really whipping up a luxurious lather with the OSP Neroli. I completed a 2 pass shave starting with an ATG pass the a mixed pass for pick-ups.
A nice post shave routine leaving me feeling clean, refreshed and ready for the day ahead.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom