SOTD: Saturday 1 - Friday 7 October 2022.

Wednesday

As my C&H Locale arrived yesterday, it had to be used. Seeing as I blathered on about cost and exchange rates, I thought it best to also use my birth year Slim. Then seeing as these are both imports from America, soap and splash chosen, American blend.

My first impression is a bit of a wow! Despite holding onto the lather a bit, it was superb and the Slim loaded with a Nacet followed it up perfectly.

BBS with 3 passes and a very happy bunny starts work today, let's see if I become more productive because of my super smooth start to the day.

Have a good one everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_092106__01.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 10
Stuckist In the Middle with You? - as Stealers Wheel almost said. - I.

05/10/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Ever Ready 1912, Peerless Deluxe set, 1951- Windrose Handle
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Dior Savage

Well, i think the 1912 really suits the Windrose "Darwin" style handle, It felt really good in the hand and was very nice to use.
1st time i have used the bicycle inner tube blade hack, this, i found reduces the chatter and sound track to almost zero, the shave was really comfortable and i have ended up with a comfortable, BBS finish.
Spot on that!
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

That razor looks fab Tony.

Paul.

Wednesday 5th October

Omega S10077 - Yego Cream - FaTip Picolo Lo Storto OC/ Treet Classic (Carbon) #3 - Lynx Dark Temptation AS

A miserable day in the Brecon Beacons today and I wasn't going to bother with a post...but the shave was so nice I decided I would. I have a lot of nice 'stuff' but it wouldn't deliver any better than the result I had today! All I need now is for the sun to come out.............

5/10/22

Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Derby Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Silver Star (2)
Post - Nivea Replenishing Balm
AS - Brutal Classic

The first time I used the Derby Shaving stick, my lather was a little underwhelming, but this time around I managed to produce a delightfully thick, slick and glossy lather. My Old Type is a very mild razor and with a sharp blade like the Silver Star it was perfectly fine for a day's worth of stubble, and the shave was a very enjoyable one.

Have a good day gents.

Nice combo Tony, I also used my Darwin handled WR1 today. I find this shape of handle fits well in the hand and despite the highly polished finish there is no fear of losing your grip (Well not with the razor anyway )

Wed 5th October

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
ER 1924
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S Lotion

The ER 1924 has been a favourite of mine, since I switched to using it with longer Razor handles. I have used it with a few, but today found a winner, in one from a Claymore Evolution. This Handle just seemed right weight wise and control of the Razor was superb.Probably one of my best ever Shaves with a 1924.

My shave today involved my new Razorock Hawk V3 that I purchased from the BST thanks to @pjgh .
I have not shaved before with a SE and thought this would be a great razor to learn with.
It's got a nice weight and wow produced a real nice close shave.
I won't lie, I did get a couple of slight nics but that is purely down to my inexperience.
Great shave and looking forward to mastering the technique.
Thnx for reading.

Wednesday AM 2022-10-05
National Do Something Nice Day

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Bleu de Chanel aftershave

The citrus, floral, and woody notes of the aftershave work really well with the pineapple scent of the soap, which is one of my favorites.

Last edited: