SOTD Sat 9th Feb - Fri 15th Feb 2013 (one of several?)

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Joseph Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: Neep #1213 Aztec in malachite (29mm extra silvertip)
Soap: Prof Blighty's Peppermint
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

This blade does need some attention. Torn between sending it off and having a go myself - why did I buy a stone if not for this?

Snowing here, up to 2" already and predicted to keep coming into the evening, so I've abandoned thoughts of going both to the office and the post office for today - doable, of course, but unpleasant. A day in the study with plenty of tea is my idea.

Thought (as I was in a hurry this morning - start work at 7) I'd trial all the stuff I've picked up that people don't rate:

Prep - hot shower
Shaving Cream - Ingrams
Razor - Weishi 9306-C
Blade - Laser Ultra (from Wilkinsons)
Post - Original Source Shave Balm with whole leaf Aloe and Ginseng
Cologne - Swiss Army Classic

Actually, for a very quick shave - not bad at all - the Lasers are not sharp, but they are gentle, and when you're in a hurry seem quite forgiving. The nice tingly feel of Ingrams isn't as luxurious as Proraso, but it did wake me up, and none of the fragrances were longlived enough to compete with Swiss Army - a lovely fresh smell that has good longevity, but not much sillage.

Tuesday evening

Pre - Clinique face soap
Fatip piccolo
Treet durasharp
Omega Pro 48
Nanny's Lemony Lime with goats milk
post - flannel soaked in cold water
superdrug Sierran Breeze Splash.

Nice shave but again had to reload the brush and got a far better lather for the third pass than first. Bit like Cella. thinking these soft soaps are just better if I reload after pass 2.

Wednesday 13th

sotd13213.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpsons Commodore 3 best badger brush
Merkur Progress long handle
Polsilver super iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Comfortable shave irritation free lovely :icon_cheesygrin: first shave with this new razor set at 2 and also first time with a Polsilver blade very nice.

Brian

doheuk said:
Thought (as I was in a hurry this morning - start work at 7) I'd trial all the stuff I've picked up that people don't rate:

Not rate Ingram's? It's me favourite, man! Fair do's though, there are a few foolish sceptics (septics :icon_razz:) out there. Maybe not as posh as Proraso but a heck of a lot cheaper and made in England too.

The Raving Ingram's Advocate :angel:

Dr Rick said:
This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Joseph Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: Neep #1213 Aztec in malachite (29mm extra silvertip)
Soap: Prof Blighty's Peppermint
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

This blade does need some attention. Torn between sending it off and having a go myself - why did I buy a stone if not for this?

Snowing here, up to 2" already and predicted to keep coming into the evening, so I've abandoned thoughts of going both to the office and the post office for today - doable, of course, but unpleasant. A day in the study with plenty of tea is my idea.

Hi Rick, if you send a prepaid recorded delivery returns jiffy bag I'll hone the razor for free.

Jamie

Gairdner said:
doheuk said:

Not rate Ingram's? It's me favourite, man! Fair do's though, there are a few foolish sceptics (septics :icon_razz:) out there. Maybe not as posh as Proraso but a heck of a lot cheaper and made in England too.

The Raving Ingram's Advocate :angel:

Nothing wrong with raving, in moderation. Wouldn't do to get all arm wavy and continental about it Graeme, now, would it? And I agree - liked the Ingrams.

Ingrams... what does it smell like then... that's the important thing.
I sneak into the bathroom several times a day to sniff my burgeoning soap collection... I think Mrs SJ is beginning to notice... and I left a nose-print in my Nanny's Vetyver!

WiffWaff said:
Ingrams... what does it smell like then... that's the important thing.
I sneak into the bathroom several times a day to sniff my burgeoning soap collection... I think Mrs SJ is beginning to notice... and I left a nose-print in my Nanny's Vetyver!

Oo-er, Missus. I'm not sure what Sharon might make of that! I love the Vetyver too, though. Ingrams is a kind of clean soapy smell.

Don't worry about sniffing soaps, she probably thinks you're slipping in to the bathroom to 'take care of business', if you get my meaning. She'll probably be relieved when you tell her you're developing a soap fetish!

Prep: Shower
Scuttle: Scharzweisskeramik
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 1 Best Badger
Razor: Joseph Fenton & Sons
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
AS Treatment: Osma Alum
AS Balm: Woods of Windsor
EDT: Woods of Windsor

sotw3_zps8a414d21.jpg

Good afternoon all.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash with cold water
Soap: MWF