SOTD Sat 9th Feb - Fri 15th Feb 2013 (one of several?)

Mikael said:
Nice razor John! :D ... Nice soap too, the NSS - not many know this but it was named after Nancy Silly Supreme Martin, apparently his artist name in the Soho district, around the century turn (and not the latest turn). Yep, he was on this of the pond back in the days, playing (turning) his tricks.

I'm glad you like your one :icon_razz:

Thursday:

Tabac
Semogue SE 2012
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM Blade
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos AS
L'Occitane Baux EdT

Lovely shave. If this Blue Stratos is loved by the ladies as much as Vinny says it is I expect to come home from work tonight covered in women. The combination of Blue Stratos and single women on valentines day (plus my winning pesonality of course!) should be too much to resist! ;-)

Thursday

Gillette Fat Handled Tech (English)
Red Personna SS (3)
Simpsons 'Wee Scot'
Omega Soap

Nivea ASB
Forest Fresh AS

Three pass, face lather.

A splendid shave.

Omega Soap now used up. Time to blitz another - I'll think about it all day probably and make a decision tonight! I may change my razor too, I've been using this since last August, September.

I weakened and restocked the Forest Fresh AS. Cheap, effective and smells wonderful - £2.49 for 125ml, thanks Superdrug.

:icon_razz:

Thursday 14 February

Prep: Shower with Dove MenCare Sensitive Facial Wash
Soap: Viking Sensitive
Brush: Omega Pure Setola 13064
Razor: Ikon 2PB
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless #2
Post: Alum, Thayers Alcohol Free Toner, Rituals Samurai Secret ASB, 4711 ASL

Result: Cold water shaving, morning two. Enjoying the cold water variation. Feels very refreshing and I do definitely feel less irritated in the aftermath. Felt confident enough to go open comb with the feather this morning and was excellent.

Good day to you all..

Jon

Prep: Shower
Brush: Semogue OC Boar Cherry
Razor: Nitti "77" Japanese Straight
Soap: Mitchel's Wool Fat
Astringent: Osma Alum
Aftershave: Speick

SOTD-13-02-14_zps1a7047ee.jpg

Result: Not quite BBS but close. Very little sting. Impressed by the blade - shaving was a fairly effortless experience.

I must be the only shaver in existence unable to get a good face lather from MWF.

166neyq.jpg

Pre hot towel + GTF coconut shaving cream + Vulfix 2234 + Pearl open comb with Super Flash + Brummel splash with La Chinata balm +Vie&Long alum stick

A regular shave, some irritation and nicks which needed some alum... this razor is aggressive withouth doubt, but I think that this blade didn't work well either... I'll try again with another better one.

Cheers!

Thursday 14th
Valentines Day shave

sotd14213.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Trumpers Coconut hard soap scuttle lathered
Kent BK8 brush
Merkur Progress long handle set at 2.5 and 1.5
Polsilver super iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Boots original bay rum

Comfortable shave very nice and smooth :)

Brian

Thursday 02-14-13.

52335287-93e2-4e51-8d6f-bd7f71e28732.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream RazoRock XXX - Alum block - Toner Health & Aloe BIO - ASB Health & Aloe CRG - ASL Opaline.

Hot flannel
Proraso Pre, white
New Forest Tubby 1 brush, Tabac shaving stick
Weber Polished, Gillette 7 O'clock green (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Face was still a bit sore after yesterday's bloodbath, otherwise it all went very well.... smooth as yer like. The 7 o'clock yellows failed their final test yesterday, but I still like the greens.
First try for the Tabac shaving stick... what a lather! I can see why some don't like the smell, but I find it's ok. Nice and easy to take on my holidays, so I need to keep my hands off it until then

Afternoon, everybody.

Thursday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Åžik Bay
Blade: Laser Ultra from Wilkos (3)
Brush: Ecotools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush
Shave cream: Palmolive
A/S: Professor Blighty's Yellow Ginger

An effective shave without irritation, but my face felt sore for about half an hour afterwards.

MachM said:
Thursday:

Tabac
Semogue SE 2012
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM Blade
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos AS
L'Occitane Baux EdT

Lovely shave. If this Blue Stratos is loved by the ladies as much as Vinny says it is I expect to come home from work tonight covered in women. The combination of Blue Stratos and single women on valentines day (plus my winning pesonality of course!) should be too much to resist! ;-)

I guarantee the laydeez will think you are a sexual tyrannosaurus and will go weak at the knees when you look at them.

Today's Shave
photo5jz.jpg

1912 pat Ever Ready
GEM Blade
NSS Cedarwood and Vetyver
Kent Bk12 Brush
Steve Woodhead Suribachi Lather Bowl No2-Teak

result BSS WTG :icon_biggrin:

I can't believe I'm excited over a lather Bowl, God how much more of a razor nurd can I get? well anyway, Who ever found these fantastic Bowl's in TSR, I tip my hat to you sir quiet a find.
The photo...I've done my best to show the business end of the bowl so you can get a clear view of the groves in side, Just so you can get the idea of how they work, and they do work very well indeed :heart:

Mrs J has had her follow up at the hospital ( yet more x rays ) and I'm glad to report back that she has been given the all clear, no fracture of the arm :icon_razz:
Happy Valentines day, lades and gents.

Back
Top Bottom