AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lemon
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

001.jpg

John said:
Mikael said:
John said:
On Friday it's England vs sweden:s

If we play like yesterday there'll be no problem at all ... for England ;)

I don't know, the way we played France, it could be a interesting game, I suspect that both teams are hanging it out for the bigger games,
So don't count ourselves out just yet:icon_cheesygrin:

Ok, but we're out, if no one has serious chat with the Swedish team (Zlatan zeemed to be angry after the game though and I hope he told the other guys a thing or two..).

Mikael said:
Prep: hot shower
Brush: New Forest, extra stiffed 2201 knot
Razor: Max Sprecher
Soap: Cade
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lemon
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

001.jpg

John said:
Mikael said:
John said:
On Friday it's England vs sweden:s

If we play like yesterday there'll be no problem at all ... for England ;)

I don't know, the way we played France, it could be a interesting game, I suspect that both teams are hanging it out for the bigger games,
So don't count ourselves out just yet:icon_cheesygrin:

Ok, but we're out, if no one has serious chat with the Swedish team (Zlatan zeemed to be angry after the game though and I hope he told the other guys a thing or two..).

Hopefully a kick up the back side was given , as a wake up call not just the swedish ,but to our English team as well :dodgy: but we will see on Friday.

Wednesday child is full of Woe.... Great shave until my wonderfully honed razor deteriorated in my hand . Pride!! Was just think ...'boy what a great job I did on this last nite...'[attachment=4965][attachment=4966]
Razor: Red Point 317 Germany blade was fantastic. Plastic was lacking:)-(
Brush: Boar
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Alum
Soap: Provence Sante (little dry even when thinned out)
AS: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
Balm: Nivea
If the blade wasn't so nice I'd put it away. But looks like I'm going to learn a new shaving skill!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339596249.935128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339596249.935128.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 30
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339596282.334079.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339596282.334079.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 31
Feather Artist SS arrived today and I'm keen to start learning with a straight. Done a lot of reading and watching of videos to get the theory down, now I need technique. I've been following a few people who have recently started, notably Avenger2000 who has a thread of his progress of his daily shaves with a straight and he still seem to be alive so…here we go.

After a bit of a dummy run with no blade in to get the lay of the land a bit on how to hold it and using it on both sides of my face I lathered up and inserted a blade into her and tentatively had a go at shaving my cheek area, nice and flat, no need to pull skin tight and I got away clean….very clean. I called it quits for today (got a meeting tomorrow and can't be turning up looking like Sweeny Todds practice dummy) but I just had to have a go. Finished up my shave with some more familiar hardware but I'm intrigued at the results of my first stumbling limited efforts with a straight.

Anyway, my SOTD

Hot towel
Feather ‘artist' SS, Pro blade (1)
Proraso White - new formula
Muhle Silvertip fibre 21mm

A drink and a bit of a lie down - then

Ikon S3S
Astra SP (1)
Clinique post shave beard reduction formula
Witch hazel

fatip piccolo
7 o'clock yellow
simpsons berkeley best badger
provence sante soap
l'occitane verdon AS

really nice shave. absolutely love the smell of provence sante, got a puck in a group buy recently and now wish id bought more, lovely stuff.

barlines said:
Feather Artist SS arrived today and I'm keen to start learning with a straight. Done a lot of reading and watching of videos to get the theory down, now I need technique. I've been following a few people who have recently started, notably Avenger2000 who has a thread of his progress of his daily shaves with a straight and he still seem to be alive so…here we go.

After a bit of a dummy run with no blade in to get the lay of the land a bit on how to hold it and using it on both sides of my face I lathered up and inserted a blade into her and tentatively had a go at shaving my cheek area, nice and flat, no need to pull skin tight and I got away clean….very clean. I called it quits for today (got a meeting tomorrow and can't be turning up looking like Sweeny Todds practice dummy) but I just had to have a go. Finished up my shave with some more familiar hardware but I'm intrigued at the results of my first stumbling limited efforts with a straight.

Anyway, my SOTD

Hot towel
Feather ‘artist' SS, Pro blade (1)
Proraso White - new formula
Muhle Silvertip fibre 21mm

A drink and a bit of a lie down - then

Ikon S3S
Astra SP (1)
Clinique post shave beard reduction formula
Witch hazel

Well done! A big step torwards a straight razor shave:cool: it won't be long before you start a full shave, then the fun starts. ( I loved the laying down bit to recover, I nearly choked to death on my tea with that one,)

Proraso Pre/Post
Kent BK8
Nanny Ice and Slice ( can't get the lather right)
Weber DLC (Astra SP) still can't get as close as I would like. A vey smooth feeling shave, perhaps my angle needs to be worked on and maybe even a sharper blade again. Small amount of irritation but thats mainly down to me not being able to lather the silly soap. I don't think my kent is cut out for it.

Cold water prep
Proraso pre/post
Weber ARC with Feather (3)
Geo F. Trumper 2-band (courtesy of Mikael :))
Martin de Candre unscented, mixed with my oil blend (jojoba, avocado, sweet almond, shee, sandalwood, neroli, juniper, lavender..)
La Toja AS
La Toja ASB

Excellent BBS shave, skin nicely conditioned, softened and moisturized- will keep experimenting with those oils, argan to arrive shortly, maybe peach too.

Welcome to my world, barlines :). Brave man to start on the pro blades, too!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (10)
Brush: Neep #1145 onyx chess pawn 26mm extra silvertip
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

As close a shave as has ever come my way from a straight. Tried some different skin stretching.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Gillette OC New
Gillette Super Nacet (1)
New Forest Superbadger
Mama Bears lime soap
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

A reasonable shave tonight, and it's much closer than I initially thought after I've given it 10 minutes to settle after I've put the balm on.

I think it might be a combination of new blade (so rough initial shave) and the Mama Bears. I can't get the hang of it with a badger, it seems too hard. If I attack it with the stiff bristles of a boar it seems to drum up a fine lather.

I have to admit to having more of a preference for tallow based soaps I think. They're just so much easier to lather with boar or badger.

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 24 mm Shavemac D01 Extra Silver Tip 2 Band Version
SOAP/CREAM: Manantiales de La Toja Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Georgetown Pottery Scuttle
RAZOR: 6/8" Hishakaku Folding Kamisori
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Alt-Innsbruck
RESULT: Awesome shave

SODT_JAPAN_B-1.jpg

Have a nice day,