SOTD SAT 9 June to 16 June

This morning

GFT Almond Soap
Vulfix 404 Bristle & Badger
EJDE89L with Merkur Super
RSC balm

1st experience of this blade. Not the best razor-blade combo for me. Somewhat rough and not the closest. Perhaps not the best soap to have tried it with to be fair. For the price bracket (it was an Xmas gift) I find it very so-so. I much prefer Palmolive.

Over the weekend I received the T&H Grafton balm I bought from Sir Eider on BST (plus a good sized sample of shaving cream he included) so today was a Grafton shave:

Proraso preshave
T&H Grafton cream
EJ DE89 / Wilkinson Sword blade (4th use)
T&H Grafton balm

Lovely shave! The cream is great stuff - having used (and been happy with) a Palmolive stick for a week, this was a real step up in class. Lovely cushioned shave, felt very protected. As for the balm, I usually prefer an aftershave splash together with a thick moisturiser - but this much thinner 'milk' type balm felt very nice going on.

Overall - great shave. One of the best in recent days.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (8)
Brush: Neep #1145 onyx chess pawn 26mm extra silvertip
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Lovely.

June 10 did it once

7358904128_b578d42c44_b.jpg

June 11 did it again

7360209448_bde0c27450_b.jpg

Tuesday

Hot Shower

Pre. Confianco Redondo
Soap. La Toja Manantiales
Brush. Simpsons B1
Razor. Progress (set to 2)
Blade. Yellow 7o'clock
Balm. Jack Black Gel
After Shave. Veleiro

The Redondo was a free gift from Portugalonline, nice stuff pleasant scent and set up stubble. I still have some wooden bowl Manantiales BT it is of course on ration. The Veleiro is great stuff and doesn't smell cheap like the price.

Nice shave

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
SOAP/CREAM: Musgo Real Shaving Cream
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Musgo Real After Shave Balsam
RESULT: BBS shave

SODT_FR_B-1.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Bulldog moisturiser
Professor Blighty's Grapewood shaving soap
Fatboy on 3, 4 with Gillette Super Blue blade (original type for my set - courtesy of Paul_D)
Bulldog a/s balm

Thanks to Paul I am able to try the blades supplied with my Fatboy when it was new. These are black (presumably carbon steel) and are dated 3rd quarter of 1961.
An excellent shave - not as sharp as the Bleue Extras that came after them but far better than any black blade I have tried. Once I know how many shaves it'll get through I'll stick it on the blade review sticky.

Tuesday

Iwasaki Kamisori
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap

My first complete shave with this interesting razor. It seems to get through my stubble easier than a western straight (I have been dabbling with one of those again), but owing to it's asymetrical grind I have had to modify my shave. Performing part of the modified shave was where it dug in a little, and gave me a nice cut on my cheek/jaw line.

Ian

Last two days
1934 aristocrat
2213 chunky monkey
Proraso white tub yesterday and EJ sea buckthorn today
Finish with wilkos cheap as cool ASB.
All very good.
Oh using nos gillette super stainless 'the spoiler'
Whatever they were doing she then made these blades they rarely do it now.
Excellent blade. Perhaps my fave. (ta Dodgemeister)
Yrs
Blake

Dove soap/ hot face cloth prep
Gillette flair tip (sliver )
Feather blade
Fitjar barberkrem shave cream
Kent BK2 Brush
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish

First time with the Fitjar, DE Razor combo,and that gets the thumbs up as well:heart:...BSS WTG
And that sent's back *The wild man of the woods sent* my face is fresh, and refreshed.... Shame about the crap wether!

Hot Towel Face Prep
Proraso Pre/Post
Kent BK8
DR Harris-Windsor
Astra SP (1)
Weber DLC
Prof Universal ASB

I never shave two days running, but couldn't help myself as the Weber is soooo smooth. I do have some irritation on my neck as I know my skin is sensitive. Profs ASB is doing a great job of soothing it. Its in know way sore just red.

Prep Simple Soap
Razor Maxotte High Grade
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 in super
Shaving Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Penhaligon's Castile EDT

Jamie.

WTG XTG with minor clean up, thee most tricky razor i own, be particulary careful with that extremly sharp toe, or she will get you, just on the cheek nothing much but a nick none the less.

001-1.jpg

mon night

T+H trafalgar soap wash
Kent Shaving soap
Simpson brush
BBR razor
7 o'clock green
coral skin food
three crowns sandlewood cologne

2 passes nice and smooth

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Aristocrat #21/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

Nice shave with this razor. Gotta watch my technique a little more than usual with this one, since it's a bit more aggressive than my normal choices. Heh, quite a purty little thang and fun to have in the arsenal.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom