20120609252.jpg

dove soap/hot face cloth prep
Ford & Medley's 5/8
Fitjar Barberkrem shaving cream
TI brush
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish

The razor is about 80 years old and shaves well for a razor of that vintage,
a bit of TLC and it will shine

The Fitjar barberkrem shaving cream is expensive, but WOW * Green mossy forest sent, reminiscent of dewy fresh ferns* it says on the jar,and it's all that and then some.

Just watch out for Ray Mears!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: RV w Shavemac D01 two band
Razor: C V Heljestrand, B K 42
Cream: Castle Forbes, Lime
AS: Floris, Elite
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

What a shave! :D Even though Mr Nick came by, while I was shaving I also where thinking about how easy this blade moves and while relaxing I forgot how sharp it is. I got a really nice shave anyway and brush's new :D with a really nice and dense two band Shavemac knot.
0251024x724.jpg

... and I made a double cappu this morning (a little tired), so two of these babies:
015800x572.jpg

My second oldest interest/hobby, books being the oldest (or comics, really was first) - my Honda VTX 1300:
0261280x786-Kopia800x491.jpg

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: RV w Shavemac D01 two band
Razor: C V Heljestrand, B K 42
Cream: Castle Forbes, Lime
AS: Floris, Elite
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

What a shave! :D Even though Mr Nick came by, while I was shaving I also where thinking about how easy this blade moves and while relaxing I forgot how sharp it is. I got a really nice shave anyway and brush's new :D with a really nice and dense two band Shavemac knot.
0251024x724.jpg

... and I made a double cappu this morning (a little tired), so two of these babies:
015800x572.jpg

My second oldest interest/hobby, books being the oldest (or comics, really was first) - my Honda VTX 1300:
0261280x786-Kopia800x491.jpg

Nice bike,you rebel you:heart:

Saturday Morning Shave
Razor Kropp
Touch Up R41
Soap Tabac
Brush Chubby 2 in Best
A.S Floid Blue
Cologne 4711

Very little touch up required over the last few shaves just a little bit on the jawline
have a nice day
Steve.
nas-EA-B8-A1

Bulldog moisturiser
Geo F. Trumper's West Indian Limes cream
Schick Krona with Polsilver Super Iridium
Professor Blighty's universal shaving balsalm

Just the lightest of touch with this sharp but quite rough blade. The Krona is a very underrated razor which so far has brought out the best in nearly every blade I have tried in it. If it didn't have a plastic handle it might be my go to. Unsurprisingly with that light touch I got a very nice shave.

SATURDAY MORNING

Not shaved since Wednesday evening, so a fair bit to come off.

BRW Bull Mastiff
Lord Racer (3)
Prep pre-post as pre-shave
New Forest 2221
La Toja stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Prep pre-post as post-shave

I was a bit prejudiced against these and other Lord blades. I suppose I thought the packaging looked cheap, so they'd be crap. The first shave with them was a bit rough, but the ones after that have been great. Now whether that is because this is an aggressive razor or not I don't know, but they work very well together.

BBS to start the weekend, so all is good.

Nuage shaving oil
Erasmic cream (new)
EJ pure badger
EJDE89L with Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (3)
RSC balm

A little mild irritation to the left hand side of my neck...something I seem to get when I use this cream, or perhaps the blade was dulling as I did have to do a little more touching up there than usual...or perhaps a combination of the 2. Anyway, nothing major.

Saturday:

Merkur Slant 37c
Feather
Neep box wood silvertip
Martin de Candre
Acqua di Parma colonia

The recent 'Go-to' thread reminded me that I've not used my Slant for a while. Today, it wiped away the whiskers with ease. Splendid.

Mikael said:
[My second oldest interest/hobby, books being the oldest (or comics, really was first) - my Honda VTX 1300:

Hey Mikey, what's up in Swedishland,

Nice looking bike, but a Honda? I may be wrong, but I don't believe those are made in Sweden.

Now when I was a kid I usta see the occasional 'Husky' on the road.

Martin

Attachments

• thumbnail-3.jpg
    thumbnail-3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 27
Bulldog face wash.
Muhle r89 with Personna red#1
Kent BK2 pure badger shaving brush.
Sukari 1950's fragrance shaving soap.
Wilkinson Sword Hydro balm
Bronnleys for men EDC

Great shave today, BBS, the 1950's fragrance soap is great stuff, slick & lovely fragrance.

dodgy said:
Hey Mikey, what's up in Swedishland,

Nice looking bike, but a Honda? I may be wrong, but I don't believe those are made in Sweden.

Now when I was a kid I usta see the occasional 'Husky' on the road.

Martin

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking Martini! Wassup in Yankieland?

Yes, those Huskies where great, later they specialized in off road bikes, but went belly up a couple of years ago. Still makes chain saws though and doing well with it, they even bought Jonsered and today it's the same machinery in both brands (Husqvarna). I've got a very nice Jonsered, so in a twisted way I've got a Husky as well as a Honda :D

What's your interests my friend, besides being a shaving guru, Martinique?

Back
Top Bottom