SOTD SAT 9 June to 16 June

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (12)
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: D R Harris lavender
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

The usual excellence :).

Thursday, 14.vi.2012

Predopo Vitos
Semogue 1438
The Body Shop w/ sesame oil
MÜHLE R101
Iridium Super
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Weleda ASB

P1060337.jpg

Friday, 15.vi.2012

Predopo Vitos
Omega 73645
Cella Crema Sapone
MÜHLE R101
Iridium Super
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Floïd Vigoroso

P1060340.jpg

So I tried a new soap, Lightfoot's from the UK, well I was not impressed. The lather was more foamy than I am used to, but after the puck was wet it became really soft and I was able to "smeer" it on my face like a shave stick. Then I face lathered. It helped a bit. It was supposed to smell like pine , well when wet it does not. On the good side no niks. I just had to take very short strokes with the Futur. I used an NOS Gillette carbon steel blue. Very sharp blade. Tried lather with a Roony, Kent and finally a small travel black badger. They all worked equally bad. I think Ill keep soap for the bath, it will not clash with an other scent. One positive I did not need a moisturizer. Maybe the summer, maybe the soap. Finished up with a nice alum rub. Have a great weekend!

feedback welcome!

Sunday

white proraso pre post
Neo Custom 2 band
MDC
Merkur HD + Red IP (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes + touch ups, smooth, but some irritation on neck. reason: wife used all the hot water, so I had to have a cold water shave. It seems they are not for me. Blade dragged a bit as well - not usual for a red IP.

So , a smooth shave, but not very enjoyable.

Great shot Carl, I love the old 2 blade carts if I'm honest, GII and Sensor especially. You've got some elegant handles there.

Sunday / Father's Day:

So with 2 days growth on, my first ever Father's day shave came courtesy of:

Truefitt and Hill hard soap
Penhaligon's nickel / best badger
Muhle R41
Gillette 7 o'clock
Ogalalla bay rum, lime and peppercorns

And very fine it was too.

Back
Top Bottom