SOTD SAT 9 June to 16 June

Friday

Dovo Best Quality 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner

Same as yesterday, but with a better result that included an ATG neck pass and no red stuff.

Ian

Re: RE: SOTD SAT 9 June to 16 June

dodgy said:
Tall_Paul said:
A while since I've used a HD500 and I'd forgotten just how good they are.

Perhaps I won't sell this and will keep it as a backup (Dodgy style!)

Tabac was as excellent as always. Good to end the week with a really nice shave.

Ohhh, what a smart member you are Paul!

Yes, backups are crucial to peace of mind. God forbid some kinda horrible accident should befall your only one of those and you weren't able to answer it's insistant yammering! Yes Paul, the razor may die but it's 'ghost monkey' lives on. You never wanna have those hanging around.....trust me on that.

Now what I do is keep the two that fit me best. Then I'll sell the others (sometimes....it's possible anyway). I have back ups of a few favorites and it feels great! Great!!!!!!

Far as Tabac goes, I'm with you. I mean, who doesn't love the smell of dead things right under their nose in the morning.

Dodgy

I have a backup Fatboy - my only backup razor thus far. I am always in two minds whether to use the original near-pristine one or the replated gold one which I had first and has historically been my daily go-to.
Maybe each one needs a backup...

Aqueous cream
Kent (MWF)
Old Type with Astra Keramik
M and S Autograph a/s balm

Fancied trying out the Old today. I have to remember how to readjust as the Fatboy gets used most of the time these days. So much so that after typing the name of the razor I paused to think which setting I had it on!
A lighter, slower shave with very good results. These Astra Keramiks aren't super-sharp but they are above average and their smoothness is their strength.

Thursday:
Palmolive cream
Omega silvertip
Slim Adjustable @6 WTG, XTG; @8 ATG
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (2)
T&H Trafalgar AS

Fantastic BBS results.

Friday:
Prof. Blighty's Harlequin soap
Semogue SOC boar - getting better as it breaks in with each shave
Slim Adjustable @6 WTG, XTG; @8 ATG
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (3)
Prof. Blighty's Harlequin AS

Great shave again.

I really like the Slim, get great shaves with it.

20120615263.jpg

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
ford & medley 5/8
TI brush
Taylor's sandlewwod
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish

BSS WTG
The best shave yet with this razor, but Mr nick and Mr Burn said "Hello":mad:
Shit Happens ;-)

mih3qw.jpg

Vitos Coconut shaving soap + Simpson Duke3 Best + Rotbart 15 with Polsilver #1 + La Toja Manantiales lotion with LEA balm

A good shave with a bit of irritation, but I solved it with these excellent after shaves!

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
RL 'Safari' EdT (old juice)

This sharp old blade is a great compliment for the Webly......very smooth and comfortable shave.

BBS results,

Martin

For a bit of fun I had to bend the rules a bit - over backwards. If a cartridge has only two blades, then it is DE, surely? While looking for vintage Gillette razors, I also found Gillette TracII razors, which I thought elegant - so I bought a couple or three. Then as an after-thought, some G2 blades in UK.

St James Pre-shave Oil
St James Shave Cream
Neep SS-GE brush
Wooden handled Gillette Trac II razor with G2 blade
Miguel's a/s balm
Raw Vanilla​

DSC00239.jpg

A good and easy BBS. Trac II will stay in my rotation and provide a travel solution with only hand luggage. The St James range is very good stuff - not expensive but it works!

friday

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
Nannys Yushu soap
FT rocket + gilette yellow (3?)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes + touch ups, very smooth, no irritation. Think I am going for a razor change now. Been using the FT rocket for ages it seems and its great.
Dont really know what to choose next, merkur HD, Slim adj., or EJ head + bull mastiff handle..? Havent used a merkur in ages..

One thing I do know now is when I change, I will stick with that razor choice for a good while.

Friday!!! And a new adventure this morning. Been looking for a reasonably priced Merkur Progress for sometime now and it's here!![attachment=4967]
Very impressed! After the 1st save this AM I think I have a new favorite Merkur! Coupled with the Dorco blade, it was really a pleasant and close shave. Recommend this combo for anyone. Even those with the most sensitive skin.
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Dorco new platinum
Soap: Monsavon nice soap
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Alum
Brush: Badger
AS: Clubman Draggon Noir
Balm: Nivea sensitive
Really nice shave!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339767243.028866.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339767243.028866.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 30
This morning is the beginning of a week of change.

I will be using a different brush, and a different razor, and different soap and After Shave for the next 8 days.

I have already made the selections and taken all the SOTD pictures for the next few days so will have to stick to the choices now.

This mornings line up.

Brush: Rod Neep #1041 Kenya Soapstone handle + Extra Silvertip
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock (yellow)
A/S: TOBS Eton College

A very pleasant shave, I really like this brush as it lathers really well, but I do have to be careful with it as the handle is very heavy and I have a feeling if I drop it the new glass shelf in the bathroomm may be history.
I haven't used the Slim Adjustable for a while either so it was nice to use an old friend again.

15JUN2012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom