SOTD SAT 9 June to 16 June

140axs0.jpg

I'm a relative newbie after re-starting DE shaving in Feb, after a break of about 30 years.

After lots of experimentation, this is one of my fave set-up's for a quick BBS shave:-

Lord Smart head on Ball End Tech type handle.
Supermax Super Platinum #1.
BestShave No6 horse hair.
Brut original.
Palmolive stick squashed into poundland stainless steel bowl.

I like the No6 horse hair or Vulfix Grosvenor Boar/Badger for face lathering, and a Kucci badger or Men-U Premiere Synthetic for bowl lathering creams.

Have a good Sunday everybody.

I have now worked my way through my blade sampler pack with just the Feathers just to try. Been worth waiting for my technic to improve, it all seems to have come together this last week

I usually use my AOS set up with each new blade for comparison but been loving Prof B rum and coconut as it reminds me of holidays so I stuck with this

Great lather and a DFS without pushing it too much

I am delighted and to think I was considering PIF these blades without trying as I thought they would be too sharp!

6a0d31a2.jpg
[/i]

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Feather
Klar Kabinett SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP

Just a perfect shave. This razor/blade combo is really a treasure, and the soap works great for me.

BBS results,

Martin

After making a mess of my face on Friday a bit of TLC was needed

Feather AS-D1 - mild as...
Supermax Platinum (3)
Proraso white - new formula
Rod Neep #1214 -Aztec - Leopard Skin Jasper
Clinique post shave beard reduction formula
Witch hazel

My skin thanks me!

Sunday evening:

The Final Shave (aka the last of the Nanny's Lime Soft Soap)

Music: Garbage: Not Your Kind Of People
Prep: Hot shower, Groomed facial scrub.

Gillette Slim Adjustable, set on 4 for all 3 passes and the head shave which followed.
Wilkinson Sword blade (unsure how many shaves now, possibly 4)
NF 2207.

After three passes and touchups, I saw I had plenty limey lather left in the brush and carried on over the napper with two passes.

Finished off with RSC balm (face and head) and Alt Innsbruck cologne/aftershave on the face.

Decent shave, don't think I would want to shave the head regularly, was a faff when I used to do it with a cartridge, the DE gives a better result but it's hard to maintain the angle.

– Pre-Shave Oil St.James of London Mandarin & Patchouli
– Shaving Soap Classic Male Grooming
– Shaving Brush SOC Bristle Cherrywood
– DE Gillette Slim Adjustable (7→5)
– DE Blade Racer Super Stainless [2]
– ASB Apivita
– ASL Brut

Face lathering and three passes (WTG-XTG-ATG), as usual. Although I ‘ve used the soap several times, today I had some problems with the lather, during the first pass and I believe it was because of the pre-shave, as it was the first time to use this combination.

Have a nice week, all of you.

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Some lemon grass soap from the Marriott Twickenham
Razor: Travel tec with a Bic blade (Mrs picked up the razor and blade).
Moisturiser: Some lemon grass thick moisturiser from the Marriott Twickenham.

First time using the travel tec and really enjoyed it. It did a great job with the probably not so good Bic blade.
No brush was involved, just gave myself a good lather best I could.

Sunday:

Prep: Hot shower and some T+H soap foam massaged in.

Soap: Truefitt and Hill luxury hard soap
Brush: Penhaligons nickel / best brush
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (1)
Afters: Thayers cucumber witch hazel and L'Occitane Verdon face splash

Amazingly close, some minor irritation at the Adams' apple, shame. Overcooked it a bit there.

SUNDAY EVENING

IMAG0051.jpg

Ikon Shavecraft
Rapira (1)
New Forest Super
Arko stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Clinique post shave balm

Really crap shave tonight. Several rough patches left and quite a few nicks too. Possibly one of my worst since I started.

I need to practice much more with this razor. It has a cutting angle that's much different to anything else I've got. It has given me some great shaves but I've not used it for ages and so have lost familiarity with it.

Anyway, the shave was bugging me so much I got out a trusty New and have just done another pass with cold water and Clinique shave gel before a slathering of Prep to finish off.

Have now got a BBS finish, but my face is glowing!

Just shows, even after a year I've still got a lot to learn.

Hi all, it's been a busy few weeks and I haven't had much time to post. Anyway, half term for my daughter has meant a few days off for me as well and we've been off round the country visiting family. My companion all week has been:

Proraso preshave
Palmolive stick
Shaving shack boar travel brush
EJ DE89
Wilkinson Sword blades
Speick aftershave
Boots no. 7 balm

Of all the items, the Palmolive has been the star. Amazing what a great shave a 50p soap can give, and how reliably it lathers with every type of water from Pennines soft to East Anglia hard.

I have also finally started to get along with the travel brush. I bought it off the BST board a while ago but haven't given it enough use to properly break in. Anyway, a solid week's use seems to have done the trick and I'm finding it a decent face latherer - even if it sheds a bit more than I'd like.

Sunday, Sunday... Nice day; youth symphony picnic. Nice get together. Good bunch of kids.
Today's shave. New to me razor... Geneva Cutlery. Made in a town about 90 miles from me. Not usually crazy about the razors , they're light and look chrome plated . But this one shaved very well.
Razor: Open razor Geneva Cutlery
Soap: Proraso white
Brush: Grosvenor Bristle and Badger
Alum
AS: Osage Rug
Balm: Nivea sensitive
Nice shave. Razor did well only wish it was a little heavier and less 'plastic' looking.
Photo :
[attachment=4952]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339383119.656190.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339383119.656190.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom