SOTD Sat. 6th April to Fri. 12th April 2013

GS1g0K8.jpg

Prep: Cold Water Prep
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: NOS Scottish Perma-Sharp
Brush: Simspons Duke 2 Pure
Soap: Tabac
A/S: Aloe Gel
Result: A decent shave, not entirely necessary on my cheeks after using the straight yesterday so had a bit of redness there.

Love the new brush though, it lost about ten hairs after first soak and lather (before using for shave) and about five more during shave but appeared to settle down towards end.

Wednesday

Not expecting a good shave today as I'm suffering a bit with a touch of Man Flu, but my MWF arrived so I had to give it a try out.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: MWF
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Razor: Gillette New with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

Seriously impressed with the MWF, what a gorgeous shaving soap. It produced an abundance of luxurious lather and smells wonderful, just a natural soap smell, with no artificial additives. I'm sure they are there but it smells natural to me.

The rest of my kit was normal for me, but this has to be one of my best shaves yet, very very close :) :)

IMG_0776_zpsecd2340a.jpg

SOTD restored Filly.

Razor: Filarmonica 14
Brush: Kent BK4
Soap: Dr.Harris Windsor
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

First shave with a Filly, well i like it. took a good edge that held 2 passes without problems, gave a smooth and close shave, very long edge, takes some practice to drive a long buss :) overall good razor, abit overated pricewise.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQn-rwqBUII&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA&index=1[/video]
DSC03440_zpsdcf6fdce.jpg

Prep. Hot shower
Pre. Proraso Green pre shave
Soap. MWF
Brush. NF, unknown model :-(
Razor. Merkur head on Weber handle
Blade. Personna Med Prep (3)
A/S. Proraso Green

Result BBS two pass with touch ups, XTG, ATG. first time cold water shaving. Enjoyed the experience with good results. Close comfortable shave two weepers which stopped after cold splash.

MWF mixed much wetter and today it worked for me, third attempt and I have cracked "The Fat". Cheers Mulligano for the tip....

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

What a lovely razor the Ever Ready versions of this razor are uncommon enough compared to the GEM version but the Gold ER version, you certainly don't see many of those. Am I right in thinking ER called it the De-Luxe set, natural angle razor?

Smashing! Don't ever sell it (unless it's to me!)

Regards
Dick.

Hi Dick

A good question, and I don't know unfortunately! I bought it from our own Sunburyboy and like it very much indeed.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel and Prep massaged into beard
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Brush: New Forest 2221
Cream: Cella - face lathered
Post shave: Alcolado Glacial (AAAARRGGHHH!!) and Proraso balm

NOTE TO DODGY - READ NO FURTHER

What a pleasant surprise. I did a lot of research before buying this razor and was expecting it to be uber-aggressive. Maybe even R41 or Joris aggressive.

And after my Feather Artist Club disaster I was in trepidation about using these blades again.

Anyway I loaded it up and started shaving. I really gave it a featherlight (arf, arf) touch as I was expecting it to slice through everything and maybe leave me with no lips!

Anyway, it's given a superb shave. BBS with one weeper by the side of my mouth but almost zero irritation (if there is any the Alcolado Glacial will find it!) The head is huge so it really mows down lather with each swipe.

And I find the handle really nice to grip too. Not sure if it's due to me having big hands but it worked well for me.

Tall_Paul said:
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Professional (1)

What a pleasant surprise. I did a lot of research before buying this razor and was expecting it to be uber-aggressive. Maybe even R41 or Joris aggressive.

And after my Feather Artist Club disaster I was in trepidation about using these blades again.

Anyway I loaded it up and started shaving. I really gave it a featherlight (arf, arf) touch as I was expecting it to slice through everything and maybe leave me with no lips!

Anyway, it's given a superb shave. BBS with one weeper by the side of my mouth but almost zero irritation (if there is any the Alcolado Glacial will find it!) The head is huge so it really mows down lather with each swipe.

And I find the handle really nice to grip too. Not sure if it's due to me having big hands but it worked well for me.

Sigh, it's what I was afraid of,

The reviews I'd seen were mostly very positive, with no special mention of it having all that much bite. I'm still a little spooked about using that sharp of a blade with no way for adjustments, but that seems like it won't be a problem.

Much as I enjoy having the Schick adjustable injector with some sharp old blades in my rotation, I have a feeling the Cobra might be even more fun. Sheeesh.

Jeeez Paul, you even like the handle eh? It does look comfortable. Damn.

Marty

Futur
English Wilkinson Sword (2) - thanks to NotTheStig
SOC 2 band cherry handle
DR Harris Eucalyptus cream
T&H Trafalgar A/S
Boots Styptic pencil :(

Third anniversary of DE shaving, still managed to nick the Adam's apple today. Sigh. On the plus side, the Eucalyptus cream was as thick as <insert your own gag here> and gave a very pleasing tingle afterwards. First time I've ever used a DRH product; I'm impressed.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
ATT Titan M1 / Feather
Semogue 830
Proraso Blue cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm
Surrati Tom Aoud

…and so to work

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut-rasiert" forum shaving brush 2011)
SOAP/CREAM: Manantiales de La Toja Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Tosuke
STROP: Biber-Elster Feinste Spez. Juchte paddle strop
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Alt-Innsbruck EDC
RESULT: Great shave, BBS

SOTD_TOSUKE_B_zpse603683d.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Greetings

Thursday 11th April 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Empire Model
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated Modified
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Lea Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really good shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04158.JPG

Proraso Pre
Michael Klim Shave Milk
Kent Bk4
Merkur 33c
Med Prep
Witch Hazel Gel.

Very nice this morning the shave Milk is one of my favourites .
I think it is sold as brushless but it bowl lathers like a dream and is
Super slick.

Thursday xi March 2013

Good Morning all.

Prep: Shower, Arran Aromatics Lavender & Tea Tree Facial Wash
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar Stick
Brush: Frank Shaving Finest Badger Turnback
Razor: Merkur 46C Travel Razor in open comb mode
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless #4
Fragrance: Ogallala Bay Rum

Result: The Rapira has had its day after delivering four fine shaves. It will be retired to the Coca-Cola money box when I get home sometime this evening.

Good day to you all.

Jon

Thursday:

Tabac soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Aristocrat Junior
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
TOBS Mr Taylors AS
Nivea Cool Kick ASB

Smooth and comfortable and damn near BBS. I'm really pleased I stopped persuing a BBS shave every day. The results now are 90% as good as before, but I never get any irritation.

Back
Top Bottom