img6005copia.jpg

Great shave!​

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: English NEW LC with Weber Bulldog Handle
Blade: Schick #1
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: Lea Stick
Aftershave: Proraso Splash

A lovely 2 pass cold water face lather shave.

The blade had no problem cutting through 3 days worth of whiskers.

I'll be back testing untested blades from the next shave, I only have 4 types left I've not used yet – Feather, Personna Plat, Super Iridium, Polsilver Iridium.

This Lea shave stick is looking a bit stumpy now, hopefully I'll have enough shaves left out of it to finish using those blades and see how many shaves I get out of the iridium's.

Thursday 11th April

Prep: Hot shower, Dove men+care Face Scrub
Brush: Omega 10065
Soap: Palmolive grated into ramekin, Steve Woodhead Suribachi Lathered
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Schick Ultra (2) with single shim.
Post: Alum, Witch Hazel, Superdrug Sierran Breeze ASL, Astral moisturiser.

Very impressive shave today. First use of the Palmolive in a while, as I've been using other, more expensive soaps, but I got the best lather I've had in a long time with the Palmolive today. I don't think I'll be buying any more expensive soaps for a while. Had lather everywhere!

It's a shame I only needed a one pass (ATG) shave, the EJ is by far my favourite razor, and the Schick Ultra platinum blade is bloody good too. Much more effective in the EJ with shim than it was in the Super Adjustable.

Very happy with today's shave, I can feel my technique improving, lather improving, and my speed picking up too. Soon I'll push for BBS, but over the moon with today's results.

Having skipped a shave this morning, I've had a rare evening shave. Given that today was to be my first shave with an Ever Ready Streamline, I couldn't wait until tomorrow!

Prep: hot water and Proraso pre-shave
Soap: Speick soap, Kent BK2 brush
Shave: Ever Ready Streamline, Gem coated SE blade - 4th use

It was a funny old shave really - my only frame of reference is a Gem Clog Pruf and the Streamline seemed much less aggressive both with and across the grain and yet was much rougher against it. I managed to nick myself for the first time in ages going ATG on the top lip.

I was pretty underwhelmed with the results after WTG and XTG: I'm usually pretty presentable after that with the Gem, but the Ever Ready left me nowhere near.

However, it all turned around with the ATG. To quote ChrisBell, I've been faceturbating all evening. Definitely a DFS.

Overall, not perfect, but enough promise to merit a few more outings!!

Thanks to Tall Paul for selling at a reasonable price and giving me the opportunity :D

Tall_Paul said:
Hmm, perhaps I need to try a Gem clogpruf then. Dammit, more acquiring!

Well, the good news there is that they aren't particularly expensive so you should be able to pick one up cheaply. However, PM me if you'd like to borrow mine for a couple of weeks (but not much longer... it's one of my regulars now as it's so lovely!)

Preshave : lather and hot water wash
Brush : men - u boar brush
Soap : arko shave stick
Razor : gillette aluminium handled tech
Blade : palm stropped derby extra
Post shave : cold water, alum and floid " the genuine " asl
BBS in 2 passes

Friday xii April 2013

Good Morning all.

Prep: Shower, Lemon Glycerin soap
Soap: La PalmToja frankensoap
Brush: Dickinson & Gilroy Boar
Razor: Ikon 2pb
Blade: Polsilver Super Stainless
Fragrance: Taylor's Alcohol Free Jermyn Street

Result: First shave with the Palmolive / La Toja frankensoap and very impressed - thick, thick creamy lather with that distinctive Palmolive "soapy" smell. Plenty of slip and cushion. The D&G brush is beginning to soften, and the Polsilver / Ikon combo seems never to let me down. A good shave for POETS day.

Have a good day everyone.

Jon

Speick Stick
Vie-Long Horse
EJ89
7oclock Yellow
Witch Hazel Gel.

Good but not great today.Down to me I think as I have used all of this
Many times before.i will look good from a distance.:icon_cool:

Another shave with the new last night:
Prep: Proraso White
Cream: Dr Harris Windsor
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: UFO U2/Gillette New LC

I love this cream, I think it's the best smelling thing ever. Well third or fourth shave with the New and it was BBS and zero irritation! So happy to have cracked it (for now) definately requires a bit more thought then the weber.

I'm still faceturbating this morning!

Greetings

Friday 12th April 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette 'Old' Mayfair De-Luxe
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

A really nice DE shave 'Old's' don't seem to be a head in great favour but I like them and they shave just fine for me. Dodgy kindly gave me these old Wilkie's they are a lovely blade very smooth for what I suspect is an early 80's stainless blade?

Regards
Dick.

DSC04160.JPG

Back
Top Bottom