Hot shower
Proraso white pre/post
Proraso Green cream
EJDE89L
Lord Super Chrome (2)
Two passes, cold splash between
Alum - no stings today!
Proraso Sensitive ASB

Disappointed with the Proraso Green so far. Lather seems to be lacklustre compared to other products I've tied. Average shave.

Hot towel.
Proraso Pre and Post Shave.
Proraso shave cream.
Muhle R89.
Gillette Sharp Edge 7 0 clock.
Proraso Pre and Post Shave.
Proraso AS.

Very very pleased with the results best shave so far. Small nick on the neck but do get that from time to time.

I have to confess that the first time I put razor to face I'd forgotten the blade. So had to relather that area.

Oh well, you live and learn.

The end result more than made up for my incompetence!

Béla's pictures always make me wistful and mildly envious. Beautiful collection!

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: William Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Cream: Taylor's Violets

At the three-day point that I always found hardest to shave without pulling; completely smooth and lovely. Jamie did a great job on this rehone, and something in my technique has clicked at last. Gently but hugely satisfying.

Scent from Heaven Jean Paul Gaultier-style shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Rotbart 20 with Gillette Bleue Extra
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Didn't get a super-close shave but it was very easy and quick and comfortable. The Rotbart is easy to use at almost any angle and feels good in the hand. On the other hand (figuratively, not literally!) I'm not sure I can get BBS with it.

Good morning Gentlemen!

-Proraso Preshave
-Kropp 11/16"
-Simpsons The Commodore X3
-Mitchell's Woold Fat Soap
-Taylor of Old Bond Street, Eton College After Shave Lotion

SOTD-11-04-2013-small.JPG

htzngw.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap + Frank Shaving Finest + Weber Bulldog ARC with Personna #2 + Herbíssimo balm + EdT Penhaligon's English Fern

First use of this luxury english soap: creamy lather and lovely scent, so very happy with it!

A good and close shave, ready for go out like a sir!

Cheers!

Afternoon, everyone.

Thursday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (6)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Irisch Moos
A/S: Pashana

Prep: Glycerine Soap, Cold Water
Soap: MWF
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Razor: 50's Brass Ball End Tech
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
EdT: Pen's Opus 1870

Result: Comforable 3-pass shave :)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Penoftheforest/Rod Neep Kenya Soapstone
Razors: C V Heljestrand no: 9½ + GEM push buttom for head
Soap: MdC
AS: TOBS Original no 74
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

0021024x602_zpsdb06725e.jpg

Thursday 11th April

sotd11413.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Taylor's Grapefruit cream scuttle lathered
Simpsons Emperor 1 super badger brush
Weber POL with bulldog handle
Lord super chrome (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Myrsol lemon aftershave

Comfortable shave, smooth and irritation free. Final shave from the Lord blade.

Brian

Dr Rick said:
At the three-day point that I always found hardest to shave without pulling; completely smooth and lovely. Jamie did a great job on this rehone, and something in my technique has clicked at last. Gently but hugely satisfying.

I think it will be down to your technique Rick - although the razor has to be up to it as well. I've made this observation before when people talk of not having shaved for a week and the straight went through it like knife and butter etc. - with a straight you are cutting at skin level so does it matter whether what you are cutting off is one or seven days' growth? I can see (and have experienced in hospital) why seven days growth makes a difference to a safety razor but straights don't suffer from the same problem.

Just a thought.

Thursday

Still feeling a bit rough with a touch of the Man Flu, so another working from home day.

In preparation for testing the Simpsons Synthetic brush I thought I best refresh myself with what a synthetic brush can do, so today I partnered it with the fat.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat
Brush: Muhle Synthetic FibreTip
Razor: Gillette New with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette SuperThin (2)
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum.

I soaked the puck of soap whilst showering, and then the Muhle made light work of whipping up a good lather, not quite to the standard of yesterdays produced with the Tubby 2, but close. The man flu is obviously affecting my sense of smell as I couldn't smell the soap at all but still managed a very good shave, finished off with a healthy splash of Bay Rum, which I can hardly smell either.

IMG_0795_zpsf12f3373.jpg

Back
Top Bottom