SOTD Sat. 4th May to Fri. 10th May 2013 ...

Myrsol emulsión
Shavemac 177
Merkur 39c Slant + Super Flash
TBS maca root shaving cream
Honeybee Gardens Vermont

img0011copia.jpg

Have a nice day!

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave
Soap: Proraso green tube (soap of the week)
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal #2
Brush: New Forest 2213
Razor: Gillette Slim Adj @6
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
After: Superdrug FF AS, L'Occitane Cade ASB

Proraso Week Day 4

Spiced up the Proraso cream scent with a drop of grapefruit essential oil, not sure if it was an improvement but made it a tad different.
Once again consistent lather, can fault it on this count.

DFS but let down by a bit bristly under the chin, I have difficulty driving the Slim round these bends.
It has been interesting to take the old Slim for a few outings but it just doesn't compare to modern Progress, so it's back to the bathroom man-binet for a while.

SOTD20130509_zps090795ab.jpg

Re: RE: SOTD Sat. 4th May to Fri. 10th May 2013 ...

fancontroller said:
NotTheStig said:
Proraso green soap, old formula
Henk walnut silvertip
Progress on 2, 1.5, 1 with Derby
Home made Cedarwood aftershave

I haven't used a Derby for... who knows? Must be two years. Well it started off well. Did four passes but couldn't hey very close in the neck and there's quite a lot if irritation there. Not great. Probably won't bother with Derbies for a while

How mild is that! Progress on 2 or lower! You could have tried an aggressive razor and found a use for a Derby. It worked for me but YMMV (seems like no-one says YMMV these days).
Next time you have a silly idea like using a Derby... well, stop acting on these silly ideas :)
I did actually start on 2.5 but it was very harsh. Only did a few strokes at that setting. I know better than to bother with the Derby again

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Rooney 1/2 Super Badger
Cream: Proraso Red
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

Excellent shave, absolutely monstrous amounts of lather produced by the Rooney this morning, this Proraso stuff certainly lathers well. I can't fault it in any way when it comes to performance. I may try the others to see if they smell any better.

Greetings

Thursday 8th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: La Toja Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Ultra close and gentle shave from this razor the last of the Micromatics.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04259.JPG

Thursday

Really good shave today...

Kent T4
Castle Forbes Lavender SC
Filly DT 13, black
Castle Forbes Lavender ASB
Terre d' Hermes

Morning, all.

Thursday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with iKon Bulldog handle, shimmed
Blade: Rapira SS (6)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Hemp and Aloe, Juniper and Sage
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Penhaligon's English Fern

Accidental BBS, no irritation.

Last night's (09/05):

Musgo Real Glycerin Lime Soap
Polished Weber with Astra SP
Proraso Green (New)
Chinese 24 mm Pure
Homemade Batch of A/S

I'm borrowing the Weber from an incredibly generous member and tonight was my first shot of it. Wow! What a razor. It just feels like a quality piece. I haven't shaved with a Merkur, but I'm told the heads are very similar. If so then I'll be hard pressed to decide on my next purchase, but this razor gave me a totally effortless BBS after 2 passes (and a bit of a touch up).

I'm still not impressed with the Proraso. I'm seeing lots of people saying it gives them great lather, I don't know if it's something I'm doing or even if I'm having a mild reaction to it, but the last few nights it has felt way too drying on my face. So last night I added LOADS of water to it. It was almost runny and was in fact dripping off my face at times, but even still, it felt like it was drying solid on my cheeks.

I don't know, but I just don't rate it.

mulligano said:
Last night's (09/05):

Musgo Real Glycerin Lime Soap
Polished Weber with Astra SP
Proraso Green (New)
Chinese 24 mm Pure
Homemade Batch of A/S

I'm borrowing the Weber from an incredibly generous member and tonight was my first shot of it. Wow! What a razor. It just feels like a quality piece. I haven't shaved with a Merkur, but I'm told the heads are very similar. If so then I'll be hard pressed to decide on my next purchase, but this razor gave me a totally effortless BBS after 2 passes (and a bit of a touch up).

I'm still not impressed with the Proraso. I'm seeing lots of people saying it gives them great lather, I don't know if it's something I'm doing or even if I'm having a mild reaction to it, but the last few nights it has felt way too drying on my face. So last night I added LOADS of water to it. It was almost runny and was in fact dripping off my face at times, but even still, it felt like it was drying solid on my cheeks.

I don't know, but I just don't rate it.

"enabled" :icon_razz:

Merkur or Weber, much the same beast in my opinion. Different materials and Weber head slightly heavier (4g by my reloading scales) head but shave wise, difficult to split them.

Like them both, and use that 89 thingy for wedging open the door when it's sunny :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Is Prorasso cream or soap? I love the stuff, weird isn't it?.

Thursday:

Nanny's French Lavender Hard Soap
Semogue 2012 SE
Gem OCMM
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum

Effortless shave with the OCMM, nearly BBS after three passes. The bay rum was a great way to finish.

Palmolive stick
Vulfix Bodger
#11H New, Wilkinson Sword SP
Barbershop Bay Rum
RSC balm

Very nice shave. After using Trumper almond soap for a few weeks I had a hankering to use a stick this morning. Opened a new Palmolive stick, top notch as usual. Think I'll continue to rotate soaps every few weeks, rather than every shave or 2. I find it helps with getting consistently good results.

Cold splash
CREW shaving oil
Schick Injector
Myrsol Agua de Limon
Rene Kern ASB

Nice quick work-grade DFS. Actually starting to like this Crew oil - had it for a while but never really used it, it's not too bad at all, actually - much more fluid than other shaving oils, so doesn't clog the razor and your sink, has a mild menthol (eucalyptus, actually) kick too.

this month's staples -

*Erasmic shave cream
*Merkur 43C
*Isana boar brush

Polsilver SI (3)
pre - Somerset shave oil (sensitive)
post - Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum.

simple straight forward shave. I really enjoyed it today and have settled into my new routine well. Now i've got that stability about what i'm using i am concentrating on my technique a bit more. went for a 3 passes and a bit of touch up. super smooth in all directions.

loving the weight of the 43C - it works wonderfully going up my neck (WTG) and the lather i'm producing with the Erasmic cream has really set a benchmark for the future. ended with the Bay Rum - what's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom