SOTD Sat. 4th May to Fri. 10th May 2013 ...

Hairsuite said:
"enabled" :icon_razz:

Merkur or Weber, much the same beast in my opinion. Different materials and Weber head slightly heavier (4g by my reloading scales) head but shave wise, difficult to split them.

Like them both, and use that 89 thingy for wedging open the door when it's sunny :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Is Prorasso cream or soap? I love the stuff, weird isn't it?.

I'll have to wait to try out the Merkur as well and compare!

It's the Proraso cream. When I first used it a few months ago I thought it was brilliant. I don't know if it's because I've tried so many soaps and creams since then that I'm simply spoiled now, but it doesn't do it for me anymore. Not compared to Ingram's anyway.

mulligano said:
Hairsuite said:
"enabled" :icon_razz:

Merkur or Weber, much the same beast in my opinion. Different materials and Weber head slightly heavier (4g by my reloading scales) head but shave wise, difficult to split them.

Like them both, and use that 89 thingy for wedging open the door when it's sunny :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Is Prorasso cream or soap? I love the stuff, weird isn't it?.

I'll have to wait to try out the Merkur as well and compare!

It's the Proraso cream. When I first used it a few months ago I thought it was brilliant. I don't know if it's because I've tried so many soaps and creams since then that I'm simply spoiled now, but it doesn't do it for me anymore. Not compared to Ingram's anyway.

Is it your Scottish thrift gene stopping you from putting too much cream in the bowl/brush? :icon_razz: it works great for me, especially with a beast of a face lathering brush that Daz lent me....

Afternoon all,

This morning's shave:
Usual shower prep
Proraso Green Pre
Proraso Blue (Cream of Week)
EJ89 with Personna Red(2)
Cold Rinse
Proraso Green Post
AdP Colonia Assoluta

Another great shave with the Proraso, even better with small amount of the Pre/Post mixed in.

Thursday 9th May

sotd9513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat OC
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Close, comfortable shave today. It's the first shave with my new Aristocrat open comb. I'm guessing it dates from around 1936 looking on Mr Razor (no wings on the centre bar). It's on the aggressive side but manageable and gives a lovely close shave paired with the Sputnik.

Brian

Razor/Knife: Bengall CastSteel & Shigefusa Kitaeji Petty 150mm
Brush: Kent BK8
Cream: TOBS Mr.Taylor
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

Today i put a new edge on my Kitaeji, finished on 0.25 diamond spray. and just to confim it was sharp i gave it a test shave :-bd. finnished up with my Bengall cuz i missed it <3 . Clean as a whistle.

DSC00189_zpsb5272236.jpg

DSC00207_zps345b3e28.jpg

Prep: Glycerine Soap, Cold Water
Soap: MdC
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Super Iridium (4)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

A little blotchiness here and there that the ASB took care of. Also the shave wasn't as close as yesterday using the same lineup except I skipped Proraso Pre today. Maybe there is something to using a good pre-shave product...

Prep: None
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Brush: Semogue Boar OC cherry
Razor: Frederick's Celebrated Razor 'The Keen Edge Razor' 6/8" near wedge
Soap: NSS Co. 'Vetyver'
Astringent: Osma Alum
Balm: Woods of Windsor
Eau de Toilette: Woods of Windsor

SOTD-13-05-09_zpsc60253ae.jpg

Notes: Good shave, 2 and a bit pass close and smooth. Hardly any sting.

Proraso Pre
Proraso Green
Omega 11126 Ovangkol
merkur 33c
Astra sp
Witch Hazel Gel.

Day Four of Proraso week.The Omega Boar in the Suribachi
made plenty of lather no problem.A plesent shave all round today.

Very Early Thursday Morning

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Omega 10065
Soap: Palmolive grated into a puck, face lathered
Razor: EJ89
Blade Lord Super Chrome (1)- Single Shim

Very nice shave. Missed a spot under my chin though, which is quite annoying. I think I prefer the Palmolive suribachi lathered, although I do enjoy face lathering with creams.

Got my bay rum today, thanks Steve! Look forward to trying it out next shave. It smells fantastic.

Today's Shave

sotd9513.jpg

GEM G Bar
Gem Blades
Kent BK8 Brush
Nanny's Cederwood & Vermont ( Face Lathered )
Blue Stratos After Shave

Result BSS WTG

A very comfortable and refreshing Shave :D

John said:
Today's Shave

GEM G Bar
Gem Blades
Kent BK8 Brush
Blue Stratos After Shave

Result BSS WTG

That's a very handy blade container John, where did you get it?

Helveticum said:
John said:
Today's Shave

GEM G Bar
Gem Blades
Kent BK8 Brush
Blue Stratos After Shave

Result BSS WTG

That's a very handy blade container John, where did you get it?
That's some sharp eyes you have, the blade dispenser came with the razor Its NOS and I have reloaded it with modern GEM blades, about 10 blades can be squeezed in there, using a safty pin to press down on the top blade,I did have another one but gave it away to monkey tennis, they do appear on fleabay from time to time but the blades are IMHO not very nice a bit like a cheese grater, hence the reloading antics.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
Simpson Colonel X2L, Cella
ATT Atlas M1, Rapira Swedish (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

I was kindly lent an M1 baseplate by a TSR member to try out a less aggressive shave in the ATT Atlas. Very nice shave... very smooth, no weepers, no irritation. I'll be ordering my own M1 now. Very good result all round

Back
Top Bottom