SOTD Sat. 4th May to Fri. 10th May 2013 ...

Prep: Hot shower.
Brush: Rod Neep African soap stone silver tip
Soap: Proroso sandalwood (soap of the week)
Razor: Feather AC SS (4th go)
A/S: proroso
Finish: Trumpers skin food (coral)

Well I had my 4th go with the Feather this morning, and still no issues. It still feels a little cack handed in certain positions and a couple of spots are still proving awkward to get at to get BBS. It certainly ist scary to use and im enjoying it loads. No nicks or weeps or irritation, Just really close shave. This has impressed me.

Friday morning

Razor : Timor TTO
Blade : Gillette Yellow Sharpedge
Cream : Proraso Blue Tube (cream/soap of the week)
Brush : C&E Super Badger
Splash : Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Best shave yet with the new Timor. Really nice smooth shave. closest shave yet after changing to the gillette blade. still not perfect but very much acceptable. 2 days stubble removed quite easily.

Proraso Blue tube as part of the soap/cream of the week. Went for a wetter lather today as I've found that better with the Timor razor. No complaints. smooth skin, no nonsense shave. Really like this cream. Still not sure of the scent but I really can't complain about it. One of my regulars and it'll stay that way.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: J. A. Henckels 72 1/2, 6/8"
Brush: Neep #1213 Aztec in malachite (29mm extra silvertip)
Soap: Prof Blighty's Peppermint

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Tradere OpenComb v2 / 7 Yellow
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Proraso Green Cream (New Formula)
Witch Hazel+
Surrati Tom Aoud

A good result when finished.

Razor: Depews Custom Horn Scale
Brush: sterling silver year 1899, best badger 16mm knot
Cream: Ogalla Bayrum
AS: Pinaud Clubman

:) Very good. im impressed over this little sheffield razor, very hard steel and hold a super keen edge long.
DSC00266_zps506af5a5.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: Proraso Red
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Razor: Gillette Bostonian
Blade: Gillette Swede
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum
Cologne: Penhaligons Endymion

Signed a contract worth a few million late yesterday, so am off out tonight for a celebratory meal and obligatory piss up with the client. Suited and booted, now waiting for my chauffeur to arrive. :)

Friday 10th May

sotd10513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette OC Aristocrat
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Clean and comfortable shave today. I decided to bring out the Speick cream and aftershave from my stock. The cream has a good slip and leaves the skin moisturised nicely. The aftershave follows on with excellent skin care very pleasing.

Brian

Evening, everyone.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with iKon Bulldog handle, shimmed
Blade: Rapira SS (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Sensual Indulgences Dracula's Night, a Drakkar Noir smells like.

D R Harris Arlington shaving cream (I reckon one more shave left in the tub)
Henk walnut silvertip
Fatboy nickel on 9, 4 with Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Home made cedarwood, neroli and ambergris aftershave

Good shave. I think this cream, although thick and offers a lot of glide, seems to offer almost no protection. I'm much more a soaps person these days.

I really like my home made aftershave. The addition of neroli and ambergris to the cedarwood mix is a really nice neroli smell predominantly with a hint of ambergris and then a little bitterness from the cedarwood. Wife isn't keen so I'll use it just to spite her :)

Friday, had a bit of a Proraso day today, and will have for the next two weeks, as it is what has been packed into my travel kit. I like the Proraso range for taking away to work, it's so easy to get on with after a 12 hour shift. The only change I'll have for a bit is I brought a couple of razors and a couple of packs of blades. Luckily I like the menthol of Proraso. :)

Pre: Proraso pre cream.
Razor: Gillette gold New O.C. Red and black set (I think).
Blade: Vintage Gillette Swede. (2)
Brush: Simpsons Comodore X1.
Soap: Proraso green soap.
Aftershave: Proraso Green ASL.

[attachment=7256]

Tonight was a really good two pass shave. I've only recently discovered Gillette News, they're great little razors. Zero irritation, not quite a BBS but a good shave none the less.

Scott.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: Merkur Progress #3
Blade: Polsilver Iridium #3
Brush: Neep 26mm (48mm Loft) Stone Extra Silvertip #1283
Soap: Lea Shave Stick
Aftershave: Proraso Splash

A superb 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave

Friday, 5.10.13

Tepid Water Splash
RazoRock Mughetto di Bologna Artisan Shaving Soap
Simpsons Duke 3 in Best
DOVO Prima Silver Steel 5/8 dressed in Ebony
Neil Miller 30/55
Bloc Osma .. as a proof
Witch Hazel
Myrsol Agua Balsamica Splash

This shave was scheduled for yesterday, but Spring is a busy time around these parts.
The RazoRock Artisan soap is 'da tits .. which means that it's better than just good!
Don't believe what the lemmings on other boards write about DOVO razors. This example, a gift from a friend who shall remain nameless (Thanks Denny! :icon_razz: ), is the equal of many, and surpassed by none .. An awesome shaver finished with Liam Finnegans method via Emmanuel's circles. Zero alum sting!!
Neil Miller's strop does the job for me every day, and never fails to improve an edge. Ten laps on the thigh of my jeans takes the sublime to the ridiculous .. it just improves things that last wee bit..

A great way to clean up ..

004_zps4243f72d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom