SOTD Sat. 4th May to Fri. 10th May 2013 ...

Myrsol emulsión
M&F Lee7 2 bands
MÜHLE R89 + Iridium
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
AS Loewe Máximo Bienestar

img0009copia.jpg

Have a nice day!

tues evening

prep half a tin of koppaberg pear cider ;)
face wash
royal crown straight for wtg/xtg
bbr with derby
simpson brush
kent soap
alcaldo glacial

not too bad at all in the end. i was going too fast on the atg for th derby and a bit of blood was the pay back. but nice and smooth though, the AG stings but calms down quickly. the derby was ok really, its just not as sharp as a med prep or a gillette green which are my usual de blades.

Wednesday:

TOBS Sandalwood cream
Semogue 2012 SE
Aristocrat Junior
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

Very nice indeed.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Cold Water, Proraso Pre Green Tea & Oat
Soap: MdC
Brush: Shavemac 177
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Super Iridium (3)
EdT: Pen's Opus 1870

Excellent shave. Feather razor with SI blade makes for an efficient combination.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: Proraso Red
Brush: Muhle Fibretip
Razor: Gillette New with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barberhop Bay Rum

The Muhle did a brilliant job of face lathering the Proraso, much better than I had expected. Another fine shave, I just wish the Proraso had a nicer scent.

Pre: Jack Blacks Beard Lube.
Razor: MÜHLE 2013 R41 rose gold handle.
Blade: Personna lab blue. (3)
Brush: Simpsons Polo PL8.
Soap: MdC scented.
Aftershave: Pino Silvestre ASL.

Good shave this morning, except a small nick on my Adam's apple when I stopped paying attention on my final pass, a styptic match took care of that. My third try with the R41, it is a very aggressive razor but very nice didn't attempt a WTG pass on my neck through fear of the R41, and this is the mild version!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Perfect shave with this frankenrazor/blade combo and old soap.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• marshall fields 2.jpg
    marshall fields 2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
ATT R1 / JEC Copper handle / 7 Yellow
Muhle Silvertip (v2) Fibre 21mm Ebony
Proraso White Soap (New Formula)
Witch Hazel+
Surrati Tom Aoud

Hmm...

Wednesday 8th May 2013 ...

Pre: Hot Towels then T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Merkur 43C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: TOBS S40 Large SilverTip
Cream: Coates Tea Tree
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: One smooth, happy smiling face!

David

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave
Soap: Proraso green tube (soap of the week)
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal #2
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. Pure Badger
Razor: Gillette Slim Adj @6
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
After: Alum, Superdrug FF AS, T&H No.10 Serum, Nivea ASB

Proraso Week Day 3

Following Dodgy Martin's advice I had a second go at face lathering. Added a little hot water to a blob of cream in the bowl, allowed it to dissolve a while, sloshed the brush gently into the mixture to load the brush deep, then face lathered with it.
Result: I did get a lot more lather from the brush which (just) lasted 3 passes, so this did fix my running out of lather problem of yesterday.
I still think bowl lathering is more fun though, even if it takes longer and is a bit messier.

Lather worked well though. I wish my Slim gave as decent a shave as my Progress. It gets close but kind of leaves a few whiskers behind.

NTS: Have you tried using a Derby in an aggressive razor like a Fatip. It performed ok for me. Someone's got to use Derbys. I'm sure mine are reproducing in numbers in my cupboard.

Wednesday morning - first work day morning shave for about 5 years :icon_razz:

Razor : Feather Popular
Blade : Astra SP
Cream : Proraso blue tube (soap/cream of the week)
Brush : C&E super badger
Splash : Proraso

First time for years I've felt good enough for a morning shave without fear of going to work and bleeding all over my desk. I'm really enjoying this cheap Feather razor and it was a great combo with the Astra this morning.

Back in Essex so first Proraso shave of the week. Used the blue tube and really enjoyed it. great lather (bowl lathered).

One of the reasons I like Proraso so much is the consistency I get from lathering. It's great.

I'm at work and enjoying a nice smooth, well shaven face for a change - this may even become a trend.

fancontroller said:
NTS: Have you tried using a Derby in an aggressive razor like a Fatip. It performed ok for me. Someone's got to use Derbys. I'm sure mine are reproducing in numbers in my cupboard.

Last time I used a Derby was in a Fatip - the only time I've had serious razor burn since going DE. I gave my other unopened pack away to a mate the next day.

NTS - Why oh why oh why ???????? Don't do it.

Re: RE: SOTD Sat. 4th May to Fri. 10th May 2013 ...

fancontroller said:

Thanks for the tip. The FaTip tip! NY very first razor was a Parker 91R with Derby blades and that is as aggressive as a Rottweiler on Stella so I think I might try it in my Fatboy or Progress on a low setting but following on from what you said then try the same blade on a much higher setting . Thanks.

Wednesday 8th May

sotd8513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette new LC head with custom chrome handle
Lord platinum (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Close, comfortable, no irritation shave. I had a couple of small weepers today not had any for weeks :huh: could be the blade sharpness dropping off. No drama soon stopped with the cold rinse. Last shave for the Lord blade. A different razor and blade will be brought out for tomorrows shave.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom