SOTD sat 28 july through to fri 3 august...

TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
Progress 2, 1.5 with Super Thin stainless blade (second use)
Cade aftershave balm sample (thanks to oldbladegrinder).

Very nice, partial BBS shave.

6/8 T.I.

Haslinger Seaweed

homemade brush, 22mm Grade A

Brut Splash On

Great shave this morning. I'm learning a new appreciation for smaller brushes. This brush easily holds enough soap for 3 passes but just in case I made a 30mm out of the same handle material. Have a good one.

picture hosting

Sunday 29th July 2012

Prep; Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 British
Blade: Modern GEM Coated
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Kent Luxury (M.W.F.)

I have been away for 9 days in a tent, shaving every other day with a Lord L6 in one hand and a ladies powder compact in the other (for the mirror) so it was a treat to have a leisurely shave.

The 1912 gave me a nearly acceptable shave with the first pass but a superb one after three. I am really getting into these old SE razors. Some new SE and Injector blades arrived during my absence so tomorrow I will re-try the Schick with a modern blade.

Regards
Dick

Monday.
First use of the mergress and first use of a Gillette 365 blade and first go bowl lathering with my new Kent best brush

8d868142.jpg

All I can say is wow to the mergress was a bit daunted as its such a bigger razor than the Timor I have been using for the last couple of months but once I got going it was very comfortable to use

Monday:

LEA Sensitive Cream
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro Blade, think I'm on shave 10, still going strong
Pinaud Vanilla

Best shave yet, nice and smooth and no nicks or weepers. Nice!

[attachment=5236]Today I had the (mis) fortune to have no work to do. Damn this world wide recession. Its has been like this since 2008. I cant get a whole 50 weeks in. Anther subject. So I took the time to do a morning shave. I liked it no Mrs to remind me to clean up basin. :)

1967 Gilette on 9 for first pass, 3 for second and 1 for across the grain. Nice shave with one nick. Not sure why this baby never gave me one before. Personna USA blade, and you see the rest!

Attachments

• L1000311.JPG
    L1000311.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 20
Today's shave

1930s fat handle tech
Feather blade
Palmolive shaving soap
Kent BK2 brush
Geo.F.Trumper skinfood to finish

Results BSS WTG

Transporting myself to the 1930s with this razor just for a moment I could have sworn I saw a nazi storm trouper run past my window :icon_idea: now where did I put that tin hat and that .303?

merkur HD
bic astor stainless
simpsons berkeley best badger
tabac shave stick
pashana AS

excellent shave. fancied a stinky shave, hence the tabac and pashana. first time with the bic astor, seems a very decent blade, zero irritation.

Monday:

L'Occitane Cade soap
Penhaligons nickel / best badger brush
Merkur 37 slant
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Ogalalla bay rum lime and peppercorns

Not shaving much at the mo as I am between jobs and I'm having to babysit during the day. Small people do not like being left alone for too long. But today I got half an hour to myself so it was a nice shave, needed the slant to mow down a couple of days worth.

Monday

white proraso pre post
neo custom 2 band
MWF
Merkur HD + GST (2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 .5 passes. very smooth, no irritation. Slight tingling from the superhazel, so I knew it was a close one. Found a nugget of MWF so thought I would use it up. Forgot what a great soap it is, but have a load of others to get through before I consider getting anymore. I must resist!!!!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Myers & Son 6/8" hollow ground
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Soap: Proraso white
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

Could do with touching up. Good job there's a stone on the way, then :). Still a good shave after an extra neck pass.

Prep: Edwin Jagger facial exfoliant
and Hydrating pre shave lotion
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic bristle
Razor: Boots DE
Blade: Personna Platinum 'red'

A good close shave. The Boots DE razor can be quite aggressive, but it works well and results in a smooth close shave.

Tuesday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
EJ BBB
T&H Rose cream
Annick Goutal Nuit Étoilée EDT

Back
Top Bottom