SOTD sat 28 july through to fri 3 august...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC two band
Razor: Bengall, Cast Steel
Superlather: Nannys Yushu + LEA Menthol cream
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result. Very, very clean :D

Nice shave and razor, but I think this blade has been regrinded at some point, since it's afull hollow, but I think it should be a wedgy grind (I guess it was produced around mid 19th century):
Bild010.jpg

Trumper almond soap
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L, Bolzano, 7 O'C Sharp Edge
RSC balm

Crap shave yesterday, today's was too until I changed the blade. I thought yesterday's poor shave was down to user error - I was in a bad mood and subconsciously bore down (the shaving equivalent of grinding teeth?), or at least that's what I put it down to. However today's was no better, so apparently that wasn't the main problem. I normally find Bolzanos a decent blade, but this must've been a dud. Shave was much better once I switched to the Yellow.

Oh, and I don't find this soap a patch on cheap as chips Palmolive, it's over 30 X more expensive bought with the bowl, over 20 X more if you don't bother with the bowl. Go figure.

Merkur 34c
Astra SP (1)
EJ black badger
La Toja stick

DFS. It feels like a symbiotic relationship with the 34c. It's just very good. This is my trekking shave gear for the next 2 weeks. You know, I've barely made a dent in the La Toja stick and I've used it every day for the last ten days. I really should start writing up reviews on my stash.

Today a 100% full mint shave!

30mr59s.jpg

Veleiro Pre shave soap + Tati spearmint&peppermint shaving soap + Simpson Duke3 Best + Rotbart 15.5 with Gillette Thin #1 + Myrsol Fórmula K with LEA balm

A really good shave! This artisan soap made a good foam without problem, with a lovely scent! I'll try the other soaps in the next couple of days to confirm these first impressions... By the way, the mint sweets scent of Myrsol Formula K is a good addition for this mint cocktel, hehe

Cheers!

Saturday:

Penhaligons nickel / best badger brush
Truefitt and Hill luxury hard soap
Muhle R41 with Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Edwin Jagger DE87 with Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Used the R41 for the face, and the DE87 for touch ups and a neck shave post haircut. I'm not brave / silly enough to use a 41 on the back of my neck, I suspect it will bite me while I'm not looking.

Great shave.

Trumper's Coconut shaving cream
Progress on 2, 4, 1.5 with Supermax Platinum blade
Professor's Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm Tuxedo scent

This Supermax blade is a lot sharper and smoother than the equivalent stainless. Compared with all those I've tried it's above average for both - especially smoothness - so glad I tried it.

Brush: Jack Black 'Pure Performance'
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Feather
Cream/Soap: Proraso
Post & Pre Shave: Proraso Pre/Post and Proraso Lotion

Summer day, sunburned... Only menthol would do. Refreshed. And impressed by my first use of the Jack Black.

Attachments

• WP_000613.jpg
    WP_000613.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 18
6/8 Toyo
TSD Winter Pagoda/lanolin
rehandled Semogue 1800
Malizia Uomo

Changed things up a bit this morning but had the same results, a great shave. TSD Winter Pagoda with lanolin was excellent, loved the performance and scent. There is something in there that really appeals to my nose. Aftershave skin care seems to be superb. I'll be boiling some cow horn today in the attempt to make some razor scales. It helps to live in cowboy country sometimes. Have a good one.

hosting images

Saturday morning

Well, the postman turned up this morning with a parcel for me just in time for a shave, my new Weber ARC razor. So along with another recent acquisition, the Simpson Chubby 2, I thought I would treat myself to a pleasant shave.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Floris JF
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: Weber ARC :) :)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin
After Shave: Floris JF

The razor has a fantastic weight to it, and made easy work of 2 days growth. Very smooth shave, and excellent results.

28JUL2012.jpg

Saturday

Gillette '65 Superspeed with 7 o'clock green
Edwin Jagger Pure Badger
TOBS Eton cream
The Real Shaving Co ASB

After this week's savaging with the Slim, I nice gentle work out with a Superspeed.

Today's shave

Dove soap/ hot face cloth prep
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
KROPP 5/8 straight razor
Kent BK2 brush
Cold water Geo.f.trumper skinfood to finish

Results BSS WTG.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8", ivorine scales, restored by Jamie
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in two-band best
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

An excellent shave in every respect.

muhle r41
polsilver
shavemac #25
speick shaving cream
l'occitane verdon AS

a very close shave, a little sore though. i put the soreness down to the cream, i can never seem to get a satisfactory lather wiith speick and i think if the lather is not right with the r41 you pay.

NF Tubby 1
Proraso green
Weber DLC - Astra SP (1)
Profs ASB

This was my second cold water shave. I'm not sure if it's the soap or the cold water but absolutely zero irritation, my skin has never looked so good after a shave!

Back
Top Bottom