SOTD sat 28 july through to fri 3 august...

Sunday:

LEA Stick
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro blade (8 or 9, can't remember)
Barbershop Bay Rum

Nice, getting better. A few areas are BBS, the rest DFS. Struggle with my upper lip though.

6/8 T.I.
Tabac
homemade brush, 22mm, Grade A Silver Tip
Stephan's Lilac

Very nice shave this morning, smooth and close. This is the way my brush ended up from the post "Last one ....for a while". The handle material is called Blue Pearl, very iridescent like Mother of Pearl. It's a little lathering machine.

image host

Sunday, 29.vii.2012

Prebarba Vitos
Semogue 1305
OSMA savon à raser
Schick Injector L1 white
Schick/Wilkinson Injector Blades
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
Dopobarba di Camaldoli

P1060630.jpg

TOBS Luxury shaving cream
Gillette Contour Plus with bundled Contour Plus cartridge
M&S Harvard a/s balm

First try with newly acquired handle and cartridges. I think I may have used a non-Gillette version of this many year ago. I remember what it's like to have to bear down but my brain resists as if I am going to cut myself. Not much chance with this. Clogs up with shaving cream quickly and needs to be scraped across the face. Got a decent result - pretty close, bit of burn in patches. Not bad but I'm not going to sell my DE razors and blades.

If anyone can tell me whether the WS FX Diamond cartridges will fit it and what they're like I'd be grateful.

Sunday Evening

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
Ingrams
Gingseng and Black Pepper Balm
Ogalla Bay Rum Cologne

Hadn't shaved for a few days so very nice job tonight. Although I now smell suspiciously like the Pork that I cooked earlier that I basted with cloves, ginger and honey!

Shower
Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor"
Osgar No.19 "Genuine Shell Horse" strop
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Hamster
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Nivea Replenishing balm

I seem to manage my chin better with this blade than the feather or the Origin, perhaps its just a little smaller and easier to manoeuvre around my stupid face. Whatever, I'm primed and ready for the week (well, tomorrow at least).

Leon: that type of blade often feels the same for me, easy to move around, especially for those most akward strokes.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: J A Hellberg, 1/4 grind
Soap: MdC
AS: La Toja Manantiales
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice blade and it took a mean edge :D
Bild015.jpg

dodgy said:
mattyb240 said:
This was my second cold water shave. I'm not sure if it's the soap or the cold water but absolutely zero irritation, my skin has never looked so good after a shave!

I swear, when I first saw a thread for cold water shaving a while back, i figured no way in hell that would work. Since then I've read a bunch of posts like yours. Pretty amazing.

I may give in and try that once sometime.

It's Definately worth a punt, I never thought I would bother as it doesn't sound to comfortable. However it is, and it's very refreshing with Proraso!

Another cold shave:
Proroaso white soap
NF Tubby 1
Weber DLC - Astra SP (2)
Profs ASB

Another irritation free shave, nice and smooth.

25rl74m.jpg
+

Pre Prep + Tati Manteca de Karité shaving soap in Old spice mug + Simpson Duke3 Best + Rotbart 15.5 with Gillette Thin + Proraso splash with Veleiro balm

Still testing these spanish artisan soaps, today I have put it in my Old Spice mug, where it fits very well. It makes much foam without problems with a soft citric scent, although is not very remarkable in properties. Anyway is a cheap natural artisan soap and with a so good razor like this Rotbart you will always have good shaves like today!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom