SOTD Sat 23rd Mar - Fri 29th Mar 2013

Wednesday

It's a TOBS Jermyn Street Day for me today. I thought I would dig out the Merkur Futur for a change too.

Prep: Hot Shower & TOBS Jermyn Street Pre Shave Gel
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
A/S: TOBS Jermyn Street
Cologne: TOBS Jermyn Street

Excellent Shave, I forgot how much feedback you get from the Futur. I like the noise it makes, it kind of rings as it cuts.

IMG_0721-Edit_zpsd1a4c871.jpg

Wednesday 03-27-13. MUSIC: David Bowie Stage Album (1978). One more time.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVPqmSGh-kc[/video]

2c21229e-7cbb-4f6b-a6ce-5fefceb06cda.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 25X53 - Merkur 11C - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Haslinger - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Aubrey Organics City Rhythms.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
Simpson's Colonel X2L, T&H 1805 cream
Weber polished, Sputnik (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

First try of the Sputnik blade, PIF'd by a TSR member. Took a few extra touch-ups, so may be a bit milder than I'm used to. Feeling very smooth and irritation-free now, though. Will try it tomorrow in the Atlas R1... I have a feeling it will be a good combination

merkur hd
polsilver super iridium
simpsons berkeley best badger
palmolive shave stick
4711 AS
boots no7 post shave balm
czech and speake neroli cologne (sample)

excellent shave. first time using a super iridium, and im impressed, a lovely irritation free shave.

DE89 / Barley
Personna Blue
MWF F.L.
Finest Badger
Alum

XTG & ATG BBS results. Could feel the sharpness of the blade but good results. Will see how long this blade lasts. Is good in an HD to from memory.

Evening, gents.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Lord L122
Blade: Dorco (4)
Brush: The Soap Shed Super Badger
Shave cream: Palmolive cream
A/S: Mandate

Good and smooth

pre: HS
pre-oil: TOBS
Soap: NSS Marzipan
brush: New Forest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Razor: Wade&Butcher For Barbers Use custom scale Black Horn, MOP
AS: Clubman

First shave with the butcher. outstanding shave, very close and smooth.

kkaring_zps2b703b5e.png

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel & Prep cream rubbed into beard
Soap: Cade cream - face lathered
Brush: New Forest 2221
Razor: 1934 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Personna Platinum (1)

Very odd shave. Although this cream is, I'm sure, very expensive you don't half have to use a hell of a lot and the lather you get is, well, pretty pants to be fair. So much so I was wondering if it was brushless (but I don't think it is).

It smells very nice though and, oddly enough, it has given me my best shave of the week. No cuts at all and very close.

I'll try it again tomorrow and see if it's the same then. I was going to take it away with me but I don't think the Wee Scott could handle the volume of cream required.

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 24mm Shavemac D01 Extra Silver Tip 2 Band Version
SOAP/CREAM: QED Essentials Fresh Lime Shaving Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Hishakaku Folding Kamisori
STROP: Biber-Elster Feinste Spez. Juchte paddle strop
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Sir IRISCH MOOS
RESULT: Excellent, BBS shave

SOTD_Hishakaku_B_zpsab7b0139.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Thursday:
Gillette Blue II
Proraso foam, red
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Me and my youngest are off to town for pancakes, bacon and maple syrup for brunch and then we're going to spend the rest of the day playing Warhammer 40k.

Thursday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue 2012 SE
Long Comb New/Weber Bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman AS

Nice results although it took a bit of work to get there. BBS in the end though.

Thursday xxviii March

Prep: Hot Shower, Dove MenCare Sensitive Facial Wash
Pre: Cold water splash & Proraso Green Pre
Soap: Ingrams
Brush: Vulfix Best Badger
Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole
Blade: Astra Blue #1
Splash: Flod "The Genuine"

Result: A menthol overload this morning. Took a step away from the SE this morning. I think the blade is done, so went for a milder experience and back to my first DE razor - the Barber Pole and a blue Astra. Also first use of Ingrams (I think I might have a watery one, as it didn't support its own weight as a squeezed it into the bowl), and found it most satisfactory.
Overall a dfs...

Pretty busy over the easter break, so if I don't get to post in SOTD for a few days - have a great Easter everyone.

Jon

Greetings

Thursday 28th March 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher
Blade: Treet Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: La Toja Balm

Third shave with the Treet carbon blade and a nicer feeling shave than yesterday which I suspect is in part due to the superior beard lubrication qualities of the Tabac soap. The blade is however now finished, which is, IMHO, not bad for carbon steel.

Do I like these more or less than the GEM Blue Star carbon or the GEM stainless coated blades? I have to say that I honestly do not know. I need to shave more with all three, but I am sure that these carbon blades deserve not be dismissed; they do deliver an excellent (but different feeling) shave.

Regards
Dick

DSC04103.JPG

Back
Top Bottom