SOTD Sat 23rd Mar - Fri 29th Mar 2013

joe mcclaine said:
Thursday:
Gillette Blue II
Proraso foam, red
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Me and my youngest are off to town for pancakes, bacon and maple syrup for brunch and then we're going to spend the rest of the day playing Warhammer 40k.
That sounds like an awesome day! I don't know what happened to my old 40k collection. It's probably in a box in an attic somewhere.

Thursday

prep : none
Razor : Fatip piccolo
Blade : Astra SP
Soap : Fitness For Men
Brush : Omega Pro 48
spalsh : Old spice whitewater

Excellent shave and concludes a week of solid bowl lathering rather than going straight to face.

124hlk9.jpg

Pre hot towel + Jabonman Marsella + Semogue SOC boar + Gillette Contour with G. Slalom #4 + Brummel splash with La Chinata balm

Last use of this russian cartridges, I'll rest this weekend of "modern shaving" and next week I'll try the last one brand in this comparative review.

This time there were some bloody nicks because I did too many passes in some zones trying to get a closer shave, so this demonstrates that some cartridges could be as "dangerous" as DE ones if you're not careful with them.

Cheers!

Prep: Shower, men +care face scrub, lukewarm splash
Brush: Omega 10065 boar
Cream: Ingrams- Suribachi lathered
Razor: EJ89
Blade: BiC chrome platinum with single shim
Post: Alum, Witch Hazel, Sierran Breeze ASL, Freshwood ASB.

Lovely shave. One pass ATG with touch ups, closer than ever, the most comfortable shave I've had. I must use the Ingrams more, it's brilliant and I've neglected it somewhat using Italian soft soaps. Not any more! There was no real need for any post shave care, but I did out of habit. No sting at all with the alum block, no irritation, and very close shave = very happy man!

Alex

9vYk86L.jpg

Prep: Shower, with beard wash using Yardley's Cocoa soap
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Brush: Shaving.ie Silvertip
Blade: GEM PTFE SE blade
Soap: Ingram's
Post-Shave: Alum
A/S: Homemade "Jameson" batch followed by Old Spice
Result: Really getting the hang of this razor now. I flew through it and got a great shave. Blade seems to be lasting a good while as well.

La Toja shave stick
Henk walnut silvertip
Progress on 2, 1.5
Rhino silver stainless
Boots Freshwood a/s
Boots Freshwood balm

Good shave. Could have been closer in places but is still very good

Re: RE: SOTD Sat 23rd Mar - Fri 29th Mar 2013

joe mcclaine said:
Me and my youngest are off to town for pancakes, bacon and maple syrup for brunch and then we're going to spend the rest of the day playing Warhammer 40k.

I always felt Warhammer 40K was a great setup with great miniatures and a disappointing actual game, but I didn't play it very much (facts not unconnected). Hope you have fun!

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Myers & Son 6/8"  hollow ground
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: Cella
Scent: Trumper's Eucris

I shall be spending the afternoon as one of the bearers laying my coach to rest. An honour.

Cold shower
Village barber shaving oil
Shick injector
Proff's Peppermint aftershave
Village barber ASB

That was a 10 minute DFS shave, in fact first shave ever I was able to properly finish using a shaving oil - normally results would've been crap and I'd just finish off with some Noxzema on top. This was good, however, really convenient for a quick-o. No irritation, no nicks either.
The only downside is the mess - ended up rinsing my razor in a detergent solution and cleaning with a toothbrush. Aside from that - completely satisfied!
Balm was alright too, will give more feedback after a few more uses.

Tabac Shave Stick
Rooney Style One
EJ 89
Personna Lab
Lucky Tiger
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Blue

Been awake since 3.00 here L.A. Time, body still stuck in the U.K.

Anyway great shave, Tabac lathered up a treat, water must be very soft or going through a softener as lather really was good. Nice shave, now Breakfast and on to Universal Studios.

Thursday

Testing out another new acquisition today, Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Razor: Gillette New with iKon Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

This brush is fantastic, even on it's first use it produced an enormous amount of luxurious lather. It's just the right size, not too big, not too small. :)

IMG_0727-Edit_zps85cd6dd5.jpg

Muhle R41
Astra SS (1)
SOC boar
Cella
Witch hazel

Right hand: Diptyque Tam Dao
Left hand: Lutens Santal Majuscule

I see why people say what they do about this razor! I've developed a preference for milder razors, but I definitely enjoyed this shave.

Thursday 28th

sotd28313.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Palmolive stick grated and scuttle lathered
Kent BK8 brush
Muhle R89 rose gold handle
Voskhod (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Boot's Freshwood aftershave balm

Comfortable shave, budget software today Palmolive stick makes a great slick lather. The Freshwood balm calms and moisturises skin very well. It takes some getting out of the bottle though very thick :-/

Brian

Thursday
Prep Gillette face wash
Pre Proraso per
Brush boots Man-u
Soap Palmolive face lathered
Razor EJ DE87
Blade Gillette yellow
Post Boots witch hazel gel
ASB old spice

The first time I have used a Yellow blade, nice shave, but I everyone says the get better as they get used......

Today's Shave

GEM Micromatic
GEM Blade
Kent BK12 Brush
TOBS Sandalwood Shave Cream With Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood SkinFood mixed in

Geo.F.Trumper Ajaccio Violets to finish

Results BSS WTG

2 Days beard gone with out a trace :icon_cheesygrin:

Back
Top Bottom