Monday

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
RSC Cream
Groomed Balm
Aramis

Sir_eider said:
Many, many years have passed since last time I used a Contour. I now need a cartridge razor for travelling and I decided to use one as classic as possible like this metallic Contour handle.
I'm going to compare all the Contour compatible cartridges to decide which one will shave me better with this handle, so I started with the most common: Gillette. Later I'll test Wilkinson and Feather ones.

This first shave was not bad, but lubricating strip is a mess...

I use a Contour regularly when travelling or in a hurry. I've got one of the old metal handles - it has a bit of weight, which I like.

I've found the Gillette Slalom carts work best for me. Russian-made, no lube strip. I find them smoother than the old Wilkinson Profile carts (which are also very good).

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap
Edwin Jagger boar
Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Gillette Platinum "Swede"
Merkur 37c with same blade for touch-ups
Superdrug Sierran Breeze aftershaaaaaaghhhhh!

Yep, bit of a sting to the aftershave today.The Sticky just seems so mild I wonder if I will ever get a close shave from it. Maybe a Gairdner-style shim would help. I did the tricky bits with the 37c as gently as I could but there was still pain. Result is good though. I will need a lot more practice with the 37c before I can decide whether or not to keep it. The Sticky is intuitive enough and probably just needs a shim.

Monday 02-25-13.

c7a85e7b-78ad-4433-969f-d7d537422af7.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Gibbs Nr.53 - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Health & Aloe CRG - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

A great shave after two days without shaving to give some rest to my skin. Perfect.

Prep: hot shower
Brush: New Forest knot in an old barbers handle
Razor: Puma + GEM Micromatic
Cream: Maca Root by Bodyshop
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

First go with this cream and it's a good one, I think, even though I pressed my head shaves with two in row days with the Micromatic (it was so fun, but I think my head needs a little rest now :)).
0071024x575_zps66b134a2.jpg

... and another ice tap:
0051024x710_zps5a092330.jpg

Monday afternoon.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash with cold water
Soap: Nanny's Bergamot and Coriander soft soap
Brush: Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip
Razor: Polished Weber/Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette Super Silver (2)
A/S: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm
EDT: Pen's Juniper Sling

I think that's it for the Gillette Super Silver. A little tuggy and not as sharp as my favourite blades. Live and learn!

Monday 25th

sotd25213.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpsons Emperor 1 super badger brush
Ikon OC stainless
Polsilver super iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

A close shave with the Ikon open comb. I paired it with my very best blade. The razor needs very carefull handling and a lightness of touch. It's not a razor I could use day in day out forever. I will use it for 3 shaves then put it away for a while :icon_frown: The Arlington scent is a favourite of mine very nice :angel:

Brian

Day 3
hanniballecterbyerevisd.jpg

R41 (Hannibal Lecter)
Wilkinson Sword Blade
MWF
Kent BK4 Brush
Alum Block
Yes Hannibal got me but only a little bit, thats right you want to know more don't you?
Well it is SOTD, after all....
Yes I let my guard down for a micro second and suffered a small cut below the ear is all. No need for the plaster of shame thank you very much, just the alum to sort it out, other than that BSS WTG

John1-Hannibal2
I will even the score!!!

John... enough already... it'll end in tears!

So onwards...

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
New Forest 1901 brush, Speick shaving stick
ATT Atlas R1, Astra SP (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Getting used to the Atlas R1 now, but not quite there... will try it tomorrow with a different blade. Don't seem to need any touch-ups any more!
Speick didn't lather up as well as the Tabac yesterday, but got there in the end... I think Tabac will be my preferred holiday shaving stick

Pretty damn smooth now and minimal irritation... a few micro-weepers alum'd into oblivion.

WiffWaff said:
John... enough already... it'll end in tears!

So onwards...

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
New Forest 1901 brush, Speick shaving stick
ATT Atlas R1, Astra SP (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Getting used to the Atlas R1 now, but not quite there... will try it tomorrow with a different blade. Don't seem to need any touch-ups any more!
Speick didn't lather up as well as the Tabac yesterday, but got there in the end... I think Tabac will be my preferred holiday shaving stick

Pretty damn smooth now and minimal irritation... a few micro-weepers alum'd into oblivion.
nah, Ive got to even the score with me old chum Hannibal, I'll settle for a draw that'll do me nicely the sunbitch is only 24 hours in front....I'll have him:angel:

Slow Shaving said:
Mikael, nice pics. I think you need some holidays in the sunny Spain. :icon_mrgreen:

Think you! You've no idea how right you are! I'm so tired of the winter!!! But we'll actually go to Barcelona this summer. For 3 weeks, house swaping :) :) ... I really could use some warmth and sun now though!!

Evening, everyone.

Monday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Brush: Ecotools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush
Shave soap: Erasmic Supreme stick
A/S: Pinaud Clubman
Cologne: Cuba Black in the evening

Excellent!

Monday 25th February

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub