SOTD SAT 23 June to 29 June ...

Monday:

Penhaligons nickel / best brush
T+H 1805 cream
Merkur 37 slant
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Taylor's bay rum

Very nice, 3 days of beard growth obliterated with no effort. It's what slants were made for.

todays shave
20120625289.jpg

Dove soap/Hot face cloth prep
Brucke 6/8 straight razor
Bluebeards Revenge shaving cream
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food To finish

Result BBS WTG

This poor razor has been my testing razor for new skils for far to long now, and it needs some repair to the scales,

the sharp eyed people amongst us will notice the odd pin at the end of the scales.... thats a nail :blush: I think when I have finished restoring the other two razors this one will get my fullest atention :angel:

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Thiers Issard 7/8 in Blue Buckeyed Burl
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Shaving Soap Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

First outing of the season this morning on my mountain bike, and very enjoyable it was, only a short one around 15 miles along the Taff trail, dont do a lot of off road stuff, well i am 53 after all, just thee occasional forestry track, then back home shower and a nice shave, weather starting to look good for the week ahead so i'll be out again on thursday.

004-1.jpg

Monday:

TOBS Sandalwood soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette 40s Style Superspeed
Feather (1)
Pinaud Clubman

Haven't used the Superspeed for ages so I thought I'd give it a run out this morning. It's about as different as you can get to the Streamline that I'd used for the past few days, but it was still a very nice BBS shave.

Need to be very clean for tomorrow so having a break from the straight tonight.

Proraso pre/post (original formula)
Gillette Slim '66
Astra SP (4)
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Simpson Tulip T1
Clinique post shave beard reduction formula
Witch hazel

Comfortable!

Clinique is nearly used up - I fancy a change.

MONDAY EVENING

IMAG0068.jpg

Gillette HD500
Gillette 365 (1)
Prep cream
Semogue OC 2 band
Myrurgia stick (face lathered)
Witch hazel
IK balm

Really tore my face to pieces with the R41 last night. I think I can only use it with a really sharp blade (like first use) otherwise it just punishes me like the vicious minx it is!

Got a really close shave, but Sweeney Todd would have winced, and my face still feels tender 24 hours later so not good at all.

On the plus side, tonight's shave was really good though I have reopened some of yesterdays war wounds!

Just shows, even after over a year of this there are mistakes aplenty to be made!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (6)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 in best
Soap: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood

No scent, because I forgot. Pillock. Running short of lather by the end - the brush is so dense I think I need to adjust slightly.

Also this morning...

Hot towels to start (flannel really)
Proraso pre-shave
Proraso soap / Kent BK2
EJ DE89 / Rapira (2nd use)
Alum
Speick Aftershave
Boots no.7 Balm

Brilliant shave everywhere except my bottom lip, where I decided to cut through skin instead of hair. First proper cut I've had since starting in February, so not a bad run. The Rapira seems to need a bit of respect and is very vocal, but does a good job of clearing the undergrowth!

Tall_Paul said:
Really tore my face to pieces with the R41 last night. I think I can only use it with a really sharp blade (like first use) otherwise it just punishes me like the vicious minx it is!

Got a really close shave, but Sweeney Todd would have winced, and my face still feels tender 24 hours later so not good at all.

What's up Paul,

Best advice I can give about using the R41 is simple stuff. Well, simple if you think breaking the sound barrier was simple. Yeah, my suggestions are based on having to break through some kinda barrier, after a small amount of buffeting is experienced. After that speed is reached, things calm right down.

Use the sharpest and most unforgiving blade. That will set the tone. Make sure you include plenty of blade buffing and j hooking, even if you don't usually include those tricks.

Then you wanna use looooong strokes. Finally, bear down like you would an M3 cartridge.

One month straight of that kinda shave will get you through the elusive shaving barrier.

Dodgy

Oh, one other thing to try is holding your cat in one hand while shaving with the other. That will help you to focus (an old ninja training trick).

Seems that I just keep following this guy^... Let's see If I can come up with a new razor for the occasion!
Razor: Susquehanna. (One of the Great Rivers in the USA) the Susquehanna flows right through my home town on it's was to the Chesapeake Bay. The razor was made in Germany for a Seller in my town. Photo:[attachment=5012]
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Brush: Grosvenor Bristle & Badger
Soap: RazoRock Classic (great scent-lather fleeting.)
Alum
AS: Lucky Tiger
Balm: Neutrogena Face Lotion
Very nice shave. Classic Razor![attachment=5013]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340676977.580164.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340676977.580164.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 13
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340677293.469361.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340677293.469361.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 15
Kent BK8
Dr Harris - Windsor
Merkur 37c Slant - Polisilver
Profs ASB

A close shave, no irritation but my face is a little sore, slept funny last night and kinked my neck, couldn't operate correctly when shaving!

Back
Top Bottom