SOTD SAT 23 June to 29 June ...

Dr Rick said:
I could no more do that than fly, but then I shaved both-handed even with cartridges. I have no idea how I'd execute a down-stroke with a straight on the cheek cross-handed.

Glad it went well for you!

I still want to learn the traditional way to handle a straight really. The largest part of the whole straight shaving thing for me was to learn how to do that and there is a part of me that thinks tonight was cheating in some way. I still need to persevere with using both hands no matter how long it takes.

The other side of that coin is that if I ever break my right arm at least I can still straight shave :cool:

Staying with England again today. After yesterday what would be more appropriate.... Took out the 'Johnson'!
[attachment=5033]
Razor: G. Johnson straight razor
Brush: #6 Horse
Preshave : Noxzema plus
Soap: Monsavon nice[attachment=5034]
Alum
AS: Lucky Tiger
Balm: Nivea Replenishing
The Johnson didn't let me down. But, it still isn't a 2pass Gillette '04!

Also: agree with the Dominate Hand. Do almost all of my face with my right hand. Just easier for me. The very few spots that are difficult to reach I use my left... But not very much. Do what you're comfortable with.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341011785.231371.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341011785.231371.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 13
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341012204.999669.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341012204.999669.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 16
I think I am the last guy to post every week. After all, I am in the States. Well, I just had a wonderful shave. I used a 1967 slim with a Gillette Blue (carbon steel) blade. It was smooth. Lathered with old Proraso cream, using a TandH branded Rooney silvertip. Finished with old Proraso aftershave. Very nice and cool for the summer nights.

I usually let my shave go until after work on Fridays, do not know why. I think its a nice start to weekend. Well to all who happen to see this enjoy yours!

Haven't shaved for a week due to time/sleep constraints so had plenty of growth.

Hot shower
Kent BK8
TOBS Jermyn Street Face lathered
Weber DLC (Polisilver)
Prof's Universal ASB

Really like this blade in this razor, got to give it anther go in my slant next time round as it was a bit too sharp in that razor.

BBS results no irritation.

ishmael said:
I think I am the last guy to post every week. After all, I am in the States. Well, I just had a wonderful shave. I used a 1967 slim with a Gillette Blue (carbon steel) blade. It was smooth. Lathered with old Proraso cream, using a TandH branded Rooney silvertip. Finished with old Proraso aftershave. Very nice and cool for the summer nights.

I usually let my shave go until after work on Fridays, do not know why. I think its a nice start to weekend. Well to all who happen to see this enjoy yours!

Hay Oscar your mind works like mine,what have I chosen to shave with this morning ....a blue blade and a slim :)

It's been a while since my first SOTD post - and we're coming along nicely ...

Clarins Active Face Wash
Men-U Boar Brush
Fitjar East Indies Shaving Cream
EJ 89L / Feather
RS ASB

first go with a feather, 2 passes - great shave all round, although I appear to have angered the neck gods slightly. I've a feeling I was a bit too heavy with this ludicrously sharp blade.

Back
Top Bottom