The result. BSS :D

Tonights displeasure

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist SS - Pro blade (3)
Evelyn & Crabtree Nomad cream
Muhle silvertip fibre 21mm
Nivea sensitive balm
Witch hazel

...and I cut myself...and I bled for rather a long time...its all part of the learning process....apparently!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep 23 mm silvertip in coffee bean handle
Razor: Feather SS
Cream: Lea menthol
AS: Tabac
Result: Uberclean :D

This's the first cream or soap I get the chills off, _strong_ menthol! Maybe not the most refined scents, more like industry smelling Arko kind off stuff, but good stuff if that scent works for you (like me) :D. Well done guys, keep it up and your straight razor shaves'll improve, I' sorry to hear you had nicks and cuts though!
0121024x776.jpg

barlines said:
Tonights displeasure

Nivea sensitive balm
Witch hazel

...and I cut myself...and I bled for rather a long time...its all part of the learning process....apparently!

Thats brining back some memory's :blush: the thing is you have to find out what went wrong with your shave and lern from it.

When I hack my self it's usually me not going into barber mode (not keeping the brain on the job!) or taking the piss with the razor,trying to speed things up. How about you? What do you think went wrong?

John said:
barlines said:
Tonights displeasure

Nivea sensitive balm
Witch hazel

Thats brining back some memory's :blush: the thing is you have to find out what went wrong with your shave and lern from it.

When I hack my self it's usually me not going into barber mode (not keeping the brain on the job!) or taking the piss with the razor,trying to speed things up. How about you? What do you think went wrong?

Thats easy to answer unfortunately :blush: - a moment of not paying proper attention to the job in hand.

barlines said:
John said:
barlines said:
Tonights displeasure

Nivea sensitive balm
Witch hazel

Thats easy to answer unfortunately :blush: - a moment of not paying proper attention to the job in hand.

That's what would have happend to me this afternoon (waiting all day for a vox guitar amp to be delivered) I ain't going to get into my straight razor shaving with a new toy to play with now am I so.... So I cheated.....the Rolls Razor got a outing.

New one for me.

Shave Of Tomorrow (SOT)

Was cleaning out the shave cave and decided what i was going to shave with in advance. Some of the new Prorarso Sandlewood cream, a Rooney stubby 1 in Ebony (Used to be Fido's and a gillette 58 with a person blade.

Wait till I veto till tomorrow and change my mid :icon_rolleyes:

I had a pretty shocking shave tonight and my face feels red raw as I type.

The primary ingredients were Proraso Pre-shave (always good), Harris Marlborough Soap (never a problem), my new Neep Brush (still getting used to it, but unlikely to be to blame), DE89 and some modern Gillette Blades I received some time ago that came in a blue and white pack.

I can only assume that the blades are as rough as the proverbial badger's arse (although, the more I use badger brushes, the more I question the saying) as my face is full of scrapes and weepers.

To top it all, I smashed my alum block when my daughter bumped into me.

Very disappointing.

NotTheStig said:
Which blades were they exactly? Gillette Platinum in a small cardboard box? They're not so good. Or could be Silver Blue (never tried)

I think Silver Blue is a possibility. They are in an oversize plastic dispenser that you have to take them out of alternative ends and came on blue cardboard with a clear plastic blister to hold them in place. Either way, not my preferred blade!

Edit: Found them - Gillette Super Silver is the blade, packs for sale on eBay. I'll avoid them from here on in.

After a week of chopping and changing razors and blades, I had a good shave today.

Prep: Groomed face scrub
Brush: EJ synthetic bristle
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Barley
Blade: Personna/Boots
Cream: D R Harris almond

Well gentlemen; I've move my razor adventure to England. Featherstone Sheffield . The 'Cock' O'The Walk'
[attachment=5028]
Sorry guys! But give me my Gillette '04 back! it's a nice straight edge but it's no 2 pass BBS. Balance for me is a little off, too.
Razor: Featherstone "Cock O'The Walk
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Brush: Muhle Badger
Soap: Muhle Sea Buckthorn
Alum
AS: Dickinson's
Balm: Nivea Replenishing
Nice; but an't no Gillette '04![attachment=5029]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340937711.640780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340937711.640780.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 17
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340938533.606908.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340938533.606908.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15
Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Sheffield Kropp 6/8
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Shaving Cream Simpson
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neil's Yard Rose Moisturiser
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

Gave the Sheffield Kropp her very first shave after the restoration i just finished, and she delivered a BBS shave, very pleased with the razor, if i didn't know the razor and someone handed the razor over to me i would swear it was brand new, that's how good she looks.

007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom