SOTD SAT 23 June to 29 June ...

Re: RE: SOTD SAT 23 June to 29 June ...

NotTheStig said:
Which blades were they exactly? Gillette Platinum in a small cardboard box? They're not so good. Or could be Silver Blue (never tried)

I tried these and although I found them smooth they weren't sharp. Because of their lack of sharpness I had to keep going over the same areas several times which led to a sore shave.

Aqueous cream
Tobs Shaving Shop cream
Merkur Progress on 3, 2, 1 with Bic Chrome Platinum (2nd shave)
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm
Tobs Shaving Shop aftershave gel

Decent shave

Friday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Platinum "Swede" Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel

After yesterdays trip to slash land I have decided to put the Dovo 5/8 to one side for a while - let the frustration with myself die down a bit, and to let the cuts heal.

This morning's shave was a sublime affair, and the "why am I bothering with straights if this is so good?" thought popped into my head.

Ian

Yesterday morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (9)
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: Proraso white
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (10)
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: Prof Blighty's Peppermint
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

Can't complain.

Palmolive stick
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L with Bolzano Superinox
RSC balm

Didn't have time to let the lather sit this morning. The difference was apparent. Good result nonetheless.

Another LEA shave:

dfkb9u.jpg

"lanolized" LEA stick + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Futur at 2.5 with Polsilver Super #3 + Myrsol Agua Balsámica wotj LEA balm

This time a used different razor & brush with good results anyway.

Cheers!

Friday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin Soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette Long Comb New/Weber Bulldog
Feather (2)
T&H Trafalgar AS

Smooth and comfortable, couldn't ask for more.

Friday
Provence Sante Soap
Omega 49
Gillette Thin Handled Tech
Astra (2)
Nivea ASB
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

The Provence Sante Soap arrived yesterday in a trade with al_kaholik. I'm going to have to work on getting the lather just right, but it looks promising - it leaves the skin feeling really good.

Today's shave
Dove soap/ hot face cloth prep
Gillette Flair tip
Feather blade
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish

Result BSS WTG

Bit rushed this morning,as I had to go and have a chat with the bank
About a £8 fine for being overdrawn.

The chap who I was talking to kept looking at my face assessing my shave...Yes that's right, my face is better shaved than yours and you work in a bank(And I have observed you failing to rember the day/date on 3 different occasions you young, annoying, little Twat:mad: :mad:

Just because I stand in the queue with a mindless drone expression on my
face....one should never underestimate the fact that I am observing what's going on around me!!!

Sanguine all metal shavette
Sharp Saloon blade
Fume Lavender soap
Omega 40652 imitation badger
Thayers Rose petal
ARKO sport a/s cream

Nice shave. Do not know if Fume smells like lavender to me, but it works just fine. Hope the local Turkish shops here will carry it.

34c with Wilkinson Sword (2)
Palmolive stick
EJ black badger brush
Bluebeards Revenge post shave balm
L'Artisan Parfumeur Côte d'Amour edt

Religiously sticking to light-as-a-feather 3 pass (2 WTG, 1XTG) shaves. All rosey bar a reasonable patch under my chin that I didn't remove enough of. I'd already chucked the brush in with the water by that point and wasn't in the mind to relather for a touch up. I'm starting to feel as though there're better razors and blades out there but - for now - I'm concentrating on making it right.

Enjoying the Côte d'Amour - considering it was a blind buy. I'd describe it as an aquatic floral, at a push, and it's pushing the gender barrier somewhat. It's slotting straight into my warm day rotation although it'd be better suited to less humid weather than today's.

After some discussion on here last night it was suggested I try using my strong (left) hand to straight shave both sides of my face. The last time I tried doing this I managed to draw claret whilst faffing around so I didn't want to make that mistake again. No such problems tonight. I really enjoyed my shave and the right hand side of my face doesn't look like I got the cat to try and rasp my whiskers off with her tongue - bonus.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist SS - Pro blade (4)
Proraso White soap (new formula) I really do like this soap
Neep #1214 Aztec - Leopard Skin Jasper
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

Not BBS, but comfortable, presentable and comes with a sense of satisfaction.

I'm now off to pop the cork on something or other to celebrate the weekend.

I could no more do that than fly, but then I shaved both-handed even with cartridges. I have no idea how I'd execute a down-stroke with a straight on the cheek cross-handed.

Glad it went well for you!

Back
Top Bottom