SOTD Sat. 19th - Fr. 25th May

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (9)
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone ball and bobbin 24mm high mountain badger
Soap: Tabac stick
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

A simple one as my bathroom is unwell, but a good one despite being a half hour earlier than usual.

Tuesday, 22.v.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Vie-Long 14080 caballo&tejón
St. James of London Cedarwood&Clarysage
MÜHLE R101 (2009)
Derby Extra
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
St. James of London Cedarwood&Clarysage Post Shave Cologne

P1060162.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress (4)
Blade: Iridium (7)
Brush: MÜHLE Pure Badger 21mm
Soap : Stick DR Harris Arlington
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Diesel After Balm

220520121340.jpg

Have a nice Tuesday everyone!

Prep: Hot shower with Nivea Silver Protect
Razor: BlueBeard's Scimitar
Brush: BlueBeard's Corsair
Soap: BlueBeard's Cream
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's ASB
Scent: Issey Miyake

TUESDAY EVENING AKA DARWIN DAY!

IMAG0036.jpg

Darwin safety razor (the one on the left)
Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Gillette Emperor 2 Super
TSD coconut soap
Witch hazel
Clinique post shave balm

Well, after a year of hunting I have my Darwin and tonight was the night I got to take it for a test shave.

Always a worrying moment, is it going to be something that looks great but performs abysmally?

Well, fortunately, it's fabulous. I wouldn't say it's my best performer (possibly my Popular is that, though others are there too) but it's right up there.

It's reasonably aggressive. If the R41 is a 10 then this is a 7 or 8, but it's on the right side of aggressive. I think I could use it every day, but your lather has to be spot on and it would show up any blade flaws pretty quickly.

So, what's so good about it?

Well, firstly it looks fabulous. I mean, just look at it! Then the handle makes it really easy to get a good grip.

It's also got a great head. I could really feel the blade (and not in a bad way) as I was shaving. It's also got a really wide sweet spot, and the head is also quite narrow so it's easy to get it under the old hooter and in other places.

So, overall, I am really pleased (as you might be able to tell). This is going to go in the 'special razor' place with my ABC razor (my two most beautiful razors) but I will definitely use it from time to time.

After my personal torture week, I wanted to go *nuts* with luxury this morning, so it's a straight razor shave for me!
Dove soap/hot face cloth face prep
Thiers Issard le dandy
Thiers Issard brush
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
Geo. F. Trumper sandlewood skin food in the cream,and to finish
BSS WTG outstanding shave
It's my daughters birthday to day she is 3 "Happy birthday Abby" xxxxxx

Today, a luxurious birthday shave!

swzfhe.jpg

Floris JF shaving soap + Simpson Duke3 Best + Merkur Futur at 3 with Gillette Bleue #1 + Dino Gaetan lotion with Proraso balm + Floris JF EdT

Today I have used some of the most expensive products I own and use only for these special occasions. Floris JF range smell wonderfully and works well! With this Futur and a new sharp blade I got a superb shave!

Perfect for tonight romantic dinner, hehehe

Cheers!

This Morning

Weber DLC Bulldog
Supermax super plat #2
Arko
FS finest
Blighty's Green ginger - Love the smell and has a bite which lasts longer than AS.
Blight's Universal balm

Haven't picked another razor up since the Weber arrived, absolutely love it. Works great with the supermax super plats. Another great close smooth shave.

Pre shave: Hot bath & Proraso pre shave cream
Soap: MWF
Brush: Cheapo badger
Razor: Fatboy (pass around)
Blade: Bic

First oppotunity to use the pass around fatboy, dialled into three with a PIF Bic blade.
I have had some redness recently from the last couple of shaves so decided to be gentle this time around.
Three passes carried out, WTG. XTG E-N and XTG N-E.
Not a single nick/cut, but the shave was no where near close. The five o'clock shadow might be earlier today.
I am sure it is down to the blade, but whether it is a poor blade or just not on a high enough setting on the FB I am unsure.
Will give it another go and report back.

Have a great day.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo
Razor: Curla, Kayser Ellisons Best Silver steel
Soap: Nanny French Lavender
AS: Floris Santal
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

During the shave I was thinking: "it doesn't seem to be anything special about this Kayser Ellison steel", now when I'm sitting and touching my ultra clean face I'm thinking: "Wow". I love Dr Harris Sandalwood, it's old school British gentleman AS and Floris Santal's a modern British ditto and excellent stuff as well.
0231024x592.jpg

... and, of course:
005800x523.jpg

Good luck tonight Sir Eider! :D

Back
Top Bottom