SOTD Sat. 19th - Fr. 25th May

Lovely Morning, run and then walked the dog.....

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ badger
Proraso Soap
Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorns
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Excellent!

Happy Birthday Abby
Happy Birthday Sir eider

Proraso pre- and post-shave cream
TOBS without any scent (fleabay)
Fatboy on 7, 4 with Bleue Extra NOS (second shave)
Proraso pre- and post-shave cream

Nice shave. Going to use the Proraso as a pre-shave for a while with great performing creams and soaps that have a fragrance I'm less keen on (Erasmic, Monsavon, etc.)

23rd May

P5230047.jpg

Hot shower and Facial scrub
3P Pre/Post shave cream
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style)
HJM Black Fibre Synthetic Brush
Nanny's Ice & a Slice Shaving Soap
Alum Block followed by Nanny's Vanilla Post Shave Hydration
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
TBS Kistna EDT
Morgans Classic Pomade

A late post night duty shave. A high end shave with 2 passes and some touch up.

GFT Violet cream
Futur (2.5-3)
Red Personna (1)
Kent BK2
John Allan Splash A/S
John Allan Face Moisturiser

First time in at least a month that I'd used the Futur, possibly two. Welcome home! I'm also really enjoying red Personnas at the moment. I'd started out with these blades but drifted away from them recently. They're becoming my go-to blade all over again. I'd started the day in a bad shaving mood, as the Fatboy I'd been tracking had tripled in price overnight, but this shave put things right.

wednesday

white proraso pre post
NF silvertip 2213
Proraso Green soap
FT rocket +GST (3?)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes, close but with some minor irritation on neck, my own fault as in a hurry this morning for a meeting. should have got up earlier. Other than that, a good shave.

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather (22)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap : Tabac
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Tabac After Lotion

230520121344.jpg

Have a nice Wednesday everyone!

merkur HD
rapira ss
shavemac #25 silvertip
MWF
myrsol agua balsamica

very nice shave indeed. first shave with the rapira blade and im very impressed, i bought 10 when i ordered some supermax super plats from turkey, got round to trying it tonight and i really like it. may order some more depending on the 2nd and 3rd shave with it.

Merkur HD
Astra SP (2)
EJ Badger
TOBS Avocado Cream
Witch Hazel
Hermes After Shave Balm

Very nice shave until I tried the Hermes ASB, I can still feel a slight stinging after a thorough rinse!

Follow up to yesterday's shave... Wednesday morning. Same open razor as yesterday, Morley and Son but used a different shave soap. Today I used: Vito's Extra Super. Wow what I difference a Soap makes. Great shave. Everything but the soap was the same and it was like the difference between nite and day!

Johnus said:
Follow up to yesterday's shave... Wednesday morning. Same open razor as yesterday, Morley and Son but used a different shave soap. Today I used: Vito's Extra Super. Wow what I difference a Soap makes. Great shave. Everything but the soap was the same and it was like the difference between nite and day!

Hey buddy.....what's cookin,

Man, you're so right about needing the right soap for that perfect shave. The soap certainly doesn't need to be expensive, and some in the bunch I like are actually very reasonable (under $10 for a puck).

If I get a less than wonderful shave using any of my favorite soaps or creams, it's almost always because of the lather being off, Yeah, even now I still screw things up on rare occasions.

When I'm using a favorite razor it's easy to tell if a new soap fits or not. Can you imagine though, a new person maybe blaming his problems on the razor or blade, when they both might be fine.

Martin

This morning:

Prep: Hot shower
Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (10)
Brush: Neep #947 yew ball and bobbin silvertip
Soap: D R Harris lavender
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

A lovely shave in a so-far-working-again bathroom :).

WEDNESDAY EVENING

IMAG0041.jpg

Gillette President
Rapira (1)
Simpsons Emperor 2 Super
Proraso soap (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Prof B yellow unction

A ten out of ten shave. The President is everything I hoped it would be. Really smooth and close shave.

I might need to speak to a certain enabler about searching for a good US Aristo to replace the duff one I have (must have dropped it as it has a bent head :icon_sad:)

Nice to have the menthol blast of the Proraso too. A really good midweek shave (and we're over the hump towards the weekend now).

Tall_Paul said:
WEDNESDAY EVENING

[Gillette President

A ten out of ten shave. The President is everything I hoped it would be. Really smooth and close shave.

Bingo bango bongo, I don't wanna leave the Congo ( as Silvy might say),

That Prez gave me some really nice shaves and i'm glad it fits you well also. That means the US Aristo and Diplomat would also do the trick.

I just sent spittinggunk my last Aristo, so I can't help.........oh, wait a minute. Hmmm, I may just have one in good shaving condition. What are the odds? I know, it's crazy!

Let me know when you feel one of those calling to you. I am a patient guy.

Martin

Oh, did I tell you your Prez was possibly owned by Dwight D Eisenhower?

Back
Top Bottom