SOTD Sat. 19th - Fr. 25th May

Shower / Merkur Progress / Gillette 7 O'clock Blue / Shavemac Silvertip / RR XXX / RR Wax​

21052012.jpg

One Planet moisturiser
Trumper's Limes cream
Aristocrat No.16 with Indian 7:00 Super Platinum (4th shave)
Bulldog a/s balm

Rushed shave but still pretty good. Maybe I can get up half hour later everyday...

Monday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Omega silvertip
Ever Ready 1912 SE
GEM SE blade (2)
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS

Great shave, BBS results.

Struggled a bit this morning to get rid of all the stubble on my cheeks, a bit of buffing cleared it up though.

Monday shave:

1945c7.jpg

Mitchells Wool Fat shaving soap "facelathered" + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Slant with Croma + Aqua Velva with Herbíssimo balm

Some people said that MWF soap is difficult to lather... but if you pass it through your beard and then lather with a wet brush, you will get without problem tons of quality foam! Just look all the foam I got AFTER the first pass (I got enough for two more passes although this brush is quite small):

2qixxc5.jpg

About the shave, it was pretty well although these Croma blades don't seem very sharp even using a Slant.

Cheers!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Muhle, 25 mm silvertip
Razor: Magnet (with lovely custom wooden scales by Neil Miller)
Super: Floris no 89 + Top Secret
AS: Lacoste Challenge
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This super lather combo was nothing special, I think the Floris alone would have been as good as the combo was.
0201024x742.jpg

... and:
008800x534.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

unknown blond horn badger
'Webly/Feather
MWF
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP

One of those perfect shaves this morning that makes this 'hobby' so much fun. Easy as using a cartridge, with loooong strokes and j hooking/blade buffing in the mix. The Feather blade whacks them whiskers without effort, but no fear of nicks because of how the Stahly head tames it. No feeling of the blade on my face, shaving mostly by sound. A final touch pass mopped up any spots missed, and done deal!

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (8)
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone ball and bobbin 24mm high mountain badger
Cream: Trumper's Sandalwood
Aftershave: Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

Lather not great - probably under-loaded - but still a good shave.

Razor: Merkur Progress (4)
Blade: Iridium (6)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap : Pre de Provence
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive

210520121332.jpg

Have a nice Monday everyone!

Merkur 37c Slant
Gillette super thin (first ever try!)
Nivea goo (I know just this once)
Proraso pre and post

Very close getting the hang of the slant but ended up with a couple of nicks! The blade is very smooth, less juddery than my usual yellows.

Well after having a good week last week getting 4 smooth shaves out of an Astra in a Merkur 38C, I popped in a new Astra blade in this morning.
Using my usual proraso pre, and a Palmolive stick in the bottom of a bowl I got some shaving rash around the neck area! Bugger!

I was in a rush and I don't think I prepped very well! Never mind a couple of days shaving abstinence should cure it!

My First Ever DE Shave!

T&H Ultimate Comfort Pre Shave Oil
Merkur 37c Slant (from the Loan/PIF thanks Dodgy!)
Semogue 2010 Ltd
Proraso Red
T&H West Indian Limes ASB
T&H West Indian Limes Cologne

2 Pass WTG & ATG, a bit of an anti climax, no blood loss, as good as a straight shave for me...Impressed!

MONDAY EVENING

IMAG0035-1.jpg

Hoffritz New York
Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Simpsons Emperor 2 Super
Nannys Citrus Zinger
Woodhead Scuttle
Witch Hazel
Castle Forbes ASB

Nice close shave. Couple of tiny weepers. Will use this ASB until it's gone and won't be buying any more!

Back
Top Bottom