SOTD Sat 12th-Fri 18th Jan

Received my Denim a/s (100ml, boxed, unopened for £0.99) today and splashed it on. Very nice. Smells familiar in fact but no idea who would have worn this in my childhood. Probably not my dad.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Super Sword Edge (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday:

Nanny's French Lavender Hard soap
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat / GEM OCMM
Gillette 7 o'clock Green
Witch Hazel
DR Harris Windsor AS
LEA Balm

This blade was on its third shave and seemed to have dulled. It was getting a bit rough on my final pass and didn't seem to be doing much. Reached for my OCMM which was nearby for a touch up. BBS in the end.

Wednesday 01-16-13. MUSIC: Herbie Hancock_LP Head Hunters.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdzsdzHPNV0[/video]

Afeitado_afoto.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Classic Havana - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Speick - ASL Pinaud Clubman.

Wednesday 16th

sotd16113.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nannys Cedarwood & Vetyver hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpsons Commodore 3 brush
Ikon OSS stainless razor
Rapira SS (1)
Cold rinse
Nivea post shave balm

Lovely smooth clean shave. Nanny's soap is new this week 2nd outing for me. Very easy to lather. The Ikon OSS is more effective on the open comb side the straight side is very mild. I had quite a bit of work with this to get a close shave. This is the first time with this razor. I have the deluxe open comb base to change over to later in the week. I understand this open comb is more aggressive. Lovely finish on this razor.

Brian

Afternoon, everyone.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Derby (5)
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor
Shave soap: Tabac stick
A/S: Tabac
Cologne: Burberry London

Accidental BBS. No irritation. Lovely.

WiffWaff said:
Mainly given some thought (yes... thought doesn't always come easily) about which patches I shave when. After scraping around in various directions I always ended up with scanty lather left in the "difficult" patch on each side below the jawline. Just decided to ignore that bit... then lather it all up at the end for a proper go.

All the rest, the weight and the angles and stuff... I think it just improves with time anyway

Me and my big mouth... it all went to pot today.
Still... onwards and upwards!

Good evening, gents.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Hot Flannel
Soap: Nanny's Bergamot & Coriander Soft Soap
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber POL/Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm
EDT: Penhaligon's Endymion (sample)

First shave with Polsilver Super Iridium. Very sharp and smooth blade! Up there with Personna Med Prep and Rapira Swedish Supersteel IMO. BBS :)

Prep: hot shower
Brush: M&F
Razor: Bengall, cast steel
Soap: MdC
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice old blade that took a good edge and a relative easy clean up.
0081024x723_zpsfb14ddff.jpg

Today's Shave
sotd16.jpg

Gillette fatboy Set on No 5
Feather Blade
Tabac Shaving Soap
Kent BK8 Brush

Result Smooth, But blotchy shave.....My bad, How to fuck up your face......................

Wade in there with the fat boy on No 5+ Feather Blade + a new soap to try = Cluster Fuck.... Super Bad Move. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do like the sent of the soap how ever so thats a plus :icon_razz:

John said:
Today's Shave
sotd16.jpg

Gillette fatboy Set on No 5
Feather Blade
Tabac Shaving Soap
Kent BK8 Brush

Result Smooth, But blotchy shave.....My bad, How to fuck up your face......................

Wade in there with the fat boy on No 5+ Feather Blade + a new soap to try = Cluster Fuck.... Super Bad Move. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do like the sent of the soap how ever so thats a plus :icon_razz:

Greetings John

I find this post of yours quite intriguing, yesterday (or perhaps the day before) you shaved with an Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead with a GEM stainless coated blade and you said what a lovely shave you had and commented how it gave you a closer shave than the slant razor.

That (IMHO) is the fiercest of all the SE razors, so it is not aggression that is the problem. Tabac, (and again it is just my personal opinion) is one of the slickest silkiest most protective and forgiving shaving soaps there is.

I strongly suspect the problem and the only problem was the feather blade and was little or nothing to do with the fatboy.

I feel that I have now reached the stage where I can shave with any SE or DE razor (other than the R41) but I cannot use feather DE blades, they make my entire face feel sore, they are just too sharp for me, could this have been the problem? I'm not stating it is, but I suggest you consider it as a possible cause.

By the way I have no problem with Feather SE blades (other than the price and their short life).

Regards
Dick.

Wednesday:

Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Penhaligons brush
TOBS lavender cream
Penhaligons English Fern EdT

My main deodorant alum block went for a burton this morning, slipped out of fingers, up into the air, and down hard into the bath where it became 100 tiny Alum pieces instead.
No matter, good shave and smelling lovely.

Gillette Fat Handled Tech
Personna Lab Blue (4)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Cella, face lathered
Proraso Aftershave balm
GFT Sandalwood Cologne

Comfortable, 2 pass shave. I experimented with a drier brush and lather ended up thin and shoddy. Personal conclusion: Cella prefers a wetter brush. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom