SOTD Sat 12th-Fri 18th Jan

TUESDAY EVENING

EJ Chatsworth Barley Chrome
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Semogue OC Boar
Mama Bears lime soap
Witch hazel
Wilkie AS balm

Three good shaves with this blade. That'll do for me. At around £11 for 100 I think they're a cracking buy.

Not as good lather with the MB tonight. I didn't attack it enough for the final pass. Don't know if it's just me but glycerine soaps don't seem to have the 'lather longevity' that tallow soaps do.

Tuesday 15th January

A. M

Hot shower and Facial Scrub
Feather Artist Club SS
Semogue 830 Brush
Vitos Green Soap
Witch Hazel
X-Bolt EDT
Dax Super Neat
Brian's own (Moustache Wax)

I had no shave yesterday....but needed something quick before work. 1 pass DFS to keep the wolves at bay.

P.M.

Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre/Post Cream
Moershfelder Buffalo 9/16 Razor
Semogue Caravela
Jolly Shave Cream
Alum Block
Organic Shea Butter
Pashana Original cologne on hair and Face.
Brians Own (Moustache Wax)

The proper shave this evening! This was an inexpensive razor which I touched up myself on my fine Welsh Slate followed by 40 laps on Latigo and 50 on English Bridle. A super 3 pass shave

WiffWaff said:
Hot flannel
Proraso Pre, white
NF Tubby 1 brush
Nanny's soft soap, Teatree and Aloe Vera
Gillette Fatboy (setting 5), Gillette Super Thin improved stainless (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer.

Very smooth shave... think I'm benefiting from tweaking my technique... less scraping = less irritation. I was supposed to rotate to a different razor today, but liked the Fatboy so much I'm sticking with it... may even prefer it to the Slim, but I'll get back on that one.
First time out with the Gillette Super Thins... they're up there with the good'uns in my humble opinion

Glad you're enjoying the Rapiras, Steve. I must try those Gillette Super Thins - been meaning to for a while. You seem to be really cranking up the technique too whereas I just add another shim, shut my eyes and hope for the best! :angel: :D

Tuesday evening

White proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
White proraso soap ( old formula)
Ej Bull mastiff + Bic chrome (2)
Thayers superhazel
White proraso ASB

result: 2 passes + touch ups. Very smooth and comfortable.
My Neo custom brush appears to be shedding hairs every time I use it now, lost about 10 tonight. bit annoyed as its my favourite brush.

Prep: Nivea sensitive face wash
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth ebony synthetic bristle
Cream: Body Shop maca root
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley Chrome
Blade: Supermax

I had been using the Gillette Goal blade last week for the first time, but it's not as good as Supermax, which is not a bad blade and surprisingly better than the expensive Timor blade.

The Nivea face wash is pleasant to use. Overall a mild close shave with 3 passes WTG, XTG (R,L), XTG (L,R).

SOTD01-15-2013_zpsedd4ffb0.jpg

Wednesday

Cold start this morning, the dog was less than impressed having to go for a walk this morning.

Prep, Hot Shower
Brush, Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip in Kenya Soapstone
Cream, TOBS Eton College
Razor, Weber polished with Wave handle
Blade, Personna Red (2)
A/S, TOBS Eton College
Cologne, TOBS Eton College

Nice pleasant shave. I'm now thinking I'm not a fan of the Weber. I used to think they were excellent razors but since using a Gilllette New for a while I'm not so impressed any more. I may even sell my Webers now.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, cold
Razor: Thiers-Issard "basic black", 11/16"
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Prof Blighty's Peppermint
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

That first icy splash straight out of bed finishes what the alarm started, it really does.

[/align]
Wednesday 16 January 2013

[align=center]Hotel shaving (why is the bathroom lit so dimly?)

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Q10 facial wash, hot towel
Pre: Proraso White Pre
Brush: Vie-Long horsehair
Soap: Vito's Extra Cream
Razor: Merkur travel
Blade: Rapira #3
Post: Alum block, Proraso White Pre, Somerset's ASB, Ogallala Bay Rum,Cedar & Sage ASL

Result: Not the best this morning but saved by the Bay Rum scent. Lovely & warming on a chilly morning.

Have a good day

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood Soap
Razor Dubl Duck Goldedge 6/8
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Cella
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una Brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de parfum

A delightful two pass extremely smooth delivery from the Dubl Duck.

S1.jpg

Somerset Oil
Semogue 2020
Nanny's chedarwood & Bergamont
Thomas Turner & Co 5/8 Encore
Avene After Shave Fluid
Floid

Excellent shave. I like that Encore very much.

Scent from Heaven Jean Paul Gaultier-style shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Fatboy gold on 5 with Ying JiLi Platinum (green packet)
Original Source a/s

Nice shave. I like the smell of the soap - from memory it's a good likeness. The blade was quite tuggy and a bit rough in my "HGN" razor so after one pass I used my tried and trusty Fatboy.

Have used this Original Source a/s a few times now and although it smells great it only cools and soothes for a couple of minutes. Face feels no better after it's dried and soaked in. Cost 99p for 100ml but doesn't really achieve much except a brief nice smell and cooling sensation.

Gairdner said:
You seem to be really cranking up the technique too whereas I just add another shim, shut my eyes and hope for the best! :angel: :D

Hi, Graeme
Mainly given some thought (yes... thought doesn't always come easily) about which patches I shave when. After scraping around in various directions I always ended up with scanty lather left in the "difficult" patch on each side below the jawline. Just decided to ignore that bit... then lather it all up at the end for a proper go.

All the rest, the weight and the angles and stuff... I think it just improves with time anyway.

Sorry to blather on... back to SOTD

Back
Top Bottom