SOTD Sat 12th-Fri 18th Jan

John said:
Today's Shave
sotd16.jpg

Gillette fatboy Set on No 5
Feather Blade
Tabac Shaving Soap
Kent BK8 Brush

Result Smooth, But blotchy shave.....My bad, How to fuck up your face......................

Wade in there with the fat boy on No 5+ Feather Blade + a new soap to try = Cluster Fuck.... Super Bad Move. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do like the sent of the soap how ever so thats a plus :icon_razz:

I'm good at 'cluster fucks' me. Steam straight in there and have at it whilst all the time feeling I'm on the enlightened path to shaving glory. My face heals, I learn a little and have another go another day.

Take care, chief. ;)

Hot shower prep
EJ89
Astra sp
erasmic brush
Arko stick
old spice
not quite BBS, one small patch on adams apple saw to that. Nice to get back on the arko, cant beat the lather/smell :icon_wink:

Norfolkdick said:
John said:
Today's Shave
sotd16.jpg

Feather Blade
Tabac Shaving Soap
Kent BK8 Brush

Result Smooth, But blotchy shave.....My bad, How to fuck up your face......................

Wade in there with the fat boy on No 5+ Feather Blade + a new soap to try = Cluster Fuck.... Super Bad Move. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Greetings John

I find this post of yours quite intriguing, yesterday (or perhaps the day before) you shaved with an Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead with a GEM stainless coated blade and you said what a lovely shave you had and commented how it gave you a closer shave than the slant razor.

That (IMHO) is the fiercest of all the SE razors, so it is not aggression that is the problem. Tabac, (and again it is just my personal opinion) is one of the slickest silkiest most protective and forgiving shaving soaps there is.

I strongly suspect the problem and the only problem was the feather blade and was little or nothing to do with the fatboy.

I feel that I have now reached the stage where I can shave with any SE or DE razor (other than the R41) but I cannot use feather DE blades, they make my entire face feel sore, they are just too sharp for me, could this have been the problem? I'm not stating it is, but I suggest you consider it as a possible cause.

By the way I have no problem with Feather SE blades (other than the price and their short life).

Regards
Dick.

Hi Dick how's you doing? I think the problem was me not bedding in the new soap puck,should have test lathered but didn't :blush: The DE feathers are my usual blades and have no problem with them ( Its just the nut behind the butt that's the problem)

Yer the feather SE blades are kind of pricy ain't they? I have to confess I have been experimenting with the GEM Blades for use in the auto strop,but am worried about getting cuts, crazy I know,but I don't like the way the customised Gem blades get stuck, still never mind.

As for the slant bars, yes I do get a smoother shave out of the shovel that's one lovely little razor, and a very pleasurable in use.
I think the slant bars are good razors and quick in use but I feel they lack the old school vibe somewhat.I'll have to do a test lather with the tabac tomorrow and play it by ear.:s

Gairdner said:
John said:
Today's Shave
sotd16.jpg

Feather Blade
Tabac Shaving Soap
Kent BK8 Brush

I'm good at 'cluster fucks' me. Steam straight in there and have at it whilst all the time feeling I'm on the enlightened path to shaving glory. My face heals, I learn a little and have another go another day.

Take care, chief. ;)
LOL Thanks Graeme :icon_lol:

TUESDAY EVENING

EJ Chatsworth Barley Chrome
Voshkod (1)
Semogue OC Boar
Mama Bears lime soap
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Had a pack of 5 Voshkods knocking around so thought I'd give one a run out tonight.

Gave me a good shave, but a couple of little nicks and didn't feel as smooth as the Personna Lab Blue.

I'll try it with a tallow based soap tomorrow and see how I get on.

Gairdner said:

Take care, chief. ;)
John said:

The Return of.......

The Black Widow!

Gairdner said:
Gairdner said:

Take care, chief. ;)
John said:

The Return of.......

The Black Widow!

:icon_evil: old bag isn't she :icon_razz:

Gairdner said:
A welcome sight nonetheless! :D Mrs Fe-Fe-Fe-Fa-Fo-Fe, the black widow......:icon_razz:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I figured she is more scary than my other avatar the chap with the yellow eyes ( He's from the X Files) nothing is more scary than The Black Widow.

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 24 mm Shavemac D01 Extra Silver Tip 2 Band Version
SOAP/CREAM: QED Essentials Fresh Lime Shaving Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Musgo Real After Shave Balsam
RESULT: Awesome shave

SODT_DD_B-6_zpsf1035209.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Thursday:

RazoRock XXX
Semogue Special Edition 2012
GEM OCMM
GEM Blade
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann AS
LEA AS Balm

Great shave, nice and easy. This was the last of the LEA balm, it's excellent so looks like I'll have to order some more.

A change of pace today.

Professor Blighty Grapewood shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Techmatic on 2, 5
Vitos pre/post as post

Third shave with the Techmatic. Dialling up got me a close shave but the blade is a bit rough. Loads of lather and stubble in the cartridge afterwards!

Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Simpsons Tulip T1
Cella Crema Da Barba
Witch Hazel
Surrati Black Aoud

No 'cluster fuck' for me today (though I've had my share).

Showered & shaved and all my little jobs done - what to do with the rest of the day?

Back
Top Bottom