Shave of the day, week commencing Saturday 10/09/2011

Tuesday

White proraso pre post
Neio custom 2 band
Provence sante
FT rocket + GST (2)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3 passes, very smooth, no irritation. A very nice shave.

Face wash in Hot Water and Clinique Scrub

Cheap synthetic Men-U Brush
TOBS Eton College Shaving Cream
Merkur 38C
Astra SP Blade (New Blade)
Floid Blue

3 passes and touch up. Very pleased with the Astra, first time I've tried it. Smooth result, no nicks or cuts, no irritation.

Tuesday
Semogue ABB brush/ABB SS/D.R. Harris with Polsilver/Alum block/Myrsol Agua de Limon/Burt Bees Balsam
P1220535.jpg

Tuesday Evening Shave

EJDE89
Derby Extra
Vulfix Mix
Proraso cream followed by balm
Ogallala Bay Rum Splash post shower this morning

The Derby struggled with 48 hrs of growth so will be used just once, still an acceptable shave in the end.

Wednesday

Gillette Slim Adjustable (thanks quattrojames)
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Taylors Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Bulldog asb

The arrival of the Slim was enough excuse to give my face a rest from the menace that is the Muhle R41. I've not owned or used a Gillette adjustable of any type before, so just set it to '5' and went for it, and very nice it was too!

Ian

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Taylor's Sandalwood stick, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Edwin Jagger DE89, with
Gillette 7OC green (3)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food
Trumper's Sandalwood cologne

A very pleasant shave at far too early an hour.

Wednesday:
  • Edwin Jagger DE86
  • Gillette 7 O'Clock (yellow)
  • Semogue 830
  • Geo. F Trumper Rose soap
  • Aramis 900 EDC
So, 10 hours after saying I would use MdC every day, I found myself reaching for the rose. Hey ho.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, in soapstone handle from Kenya and extra stuffed 26 mm silvertip knot
Razor: E A Berg, frameback
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Dr Harris, Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean, second day in a row :D
008800x639.jpg

Long Weekend [Sunday to Tuesday off :)]

Saturday
Muhle R101 [this thing needs a health warning]
German Wilkinson [1]
Monsavon Bol à Raser
Vie Long Badger
Old Spice A/S

Well it arrived Saturday so after work I had a feww days stuble to work at, I read up about the shallow angle, but hey ho loaded up the wilk and oft I jolly well went, keeping in mind the the angle I went about the shave very slowly, this razor is unforgiving make one little mistake and it bites. Well the 1st shave with this was a learning curve a bit raw around my neck and a few weepers [blaming the blade :icon_rolleyes:], acceptable shave just need more practise.

Monday
Muhle R101
German Wilkinson [2]
Palmolive SS
Vie Long Badger
Clubman Special Reserve A/S

Second shave with this razor, face lathered, didn't need a shave monday [this thing shaves close], remebered the angle and set to work, another good shave with a few weepers [haven't had them for years] and decided wilks don't suit this razor.

Tuesday
Muhle R101
Shark SS [1]
Culmak Soap
Kent VS60

Third shave, and found a new way of getting rid of spots !!!, I had a little spot just under my nose on the top lip, so I set about shaving remembering about this and took it really easy around it, then whoops, I dissected it, the blood took around 2 hours to stop with a plaster on my top lip, geez what a dork I looked, so shave abandoned, but my cheeks where nice and soft.

So Gents this is the most agrressive razor I ever owned [makes a slant look like a weishi]. I will continue with this razor after letting my lip heal :icon_cry2:.

ttfn

T

My first reported 'SOTD' after a couple of months since starting DE shaving...

Gillette Super Speed 1958.
Super-max blade
Cheap (£6) badger from ebay
Palmolive stick (first go with it, normally use Proraso cream)
Nivea post shave balm

Always very nervous when I have put a new blade in. I actually quite like an older duller blade as I tend to shave quickly without thinking. New blade in I have to force myself to slow down, get the angle right, avoid pressure. ie shave properly. After a few days with the same blade I tend to fall into my old bad habits from the mach3 days.

But today went all well. One small nick just above my adams apple. I'm sure that'll flatten down after I keep taking the top off*

*Good tip there for any trannies looking at reducing the adams apple :icon_razz:

Wed Am

Hot towel
Crabtree & Evelyn vintage pour homme soap
NF High Mountain Badger
DE87
Lord Stainless
Alum
The Real Shaving Co ASB
Old Spice A/S

Two passes WTG/XTG and a quick ATG around the chin for a tidy.

Wednesday

Gillette 58
Gillette Green (3)
Ever Ready150, NF Knot
ToOBS Almond cream
E45

Think this was a day to far with this blade for me, spotty neck and a little reddness, so pretty rough.

Really liked the almond cream though.

Back
Top Bottom