Shave of the day, week commencing Saturday 10/09/2011

Thursday:
Gillette Big Fellow
Gillette 7 'o clock yellow
Semogue 1305 and a Semogue SOC
TFS Di barile
444 after shave balm

Two brushes this morning as I just took delivery of an order from Vintagescent and wanted to give both brushes a go. Before using them I already cleaned them and did two testlathers with them.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac, 23 mm D01 silvertip
Razor: Genco, Honor
Cream: Fitjar, Neroli
AS: Fonex, Mailbu
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Mr Nick and his two brothers came for a visit this morning ;), but it was nothing serious, just a case of not paying attention :D. Also in pic is a NOS Swedish brush, Lavo, with bristels from a "digging swine" :D
008800x686-1.jpg

... and todays shot of coffe is dedicated to Rod Neep:
010800x731.jpg

NF super badger
Nanny's Sandalwood Soap
Fatboy on 9
Astra SP
Barbershop Bay Rum

Fourth shave for this blade. Left a couple of weepers, otherwise very smooth.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Gillette Bleue Extra (vintage)
QED sandalwood SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Creed 'Santal Imperial' EdT

The QED sandalwood is the only soap or cream with that scent in my rotation. No idea where this particular EO comes from, but it's always hit my nose juuuust right.

Like all of the soaps Charles sells, this stuff is amazingly easy to lather and performs better than most other small vender offerings.

Second shave with this nice old blade (thanks Steve).......smooth and comfortable.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday

Muhle R101
Treet Durasharp [1]
Wikinson Sword Badger
Erasmic Superlather
Witch Hazel with added menthol
Boots A/B
Gillette Ice A/S

Best shave yet from the R101, the Treet was a treat, nice and smooth, getting the hang of this beastie, finished under the nose [where my war wounds are from the fight with the muhle the otherday] with a bic !. Anyway best blade/razor combo so far.

ttfn

T

Thursday 09-15-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Handmade brush TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #2 - TABAC shaving soap - Alumbre - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Weleda - ASL Opaline.

Afeitado15-09-11001.jpg

Took out the Gillette Goodwill #160 for a spin this morning and had a very nice shave.
Razor: Gillette goodwill #160
Blade: Astra stainless steel
Pre shave: Prorazo
Shaving Soap: MWF
After Shave: Clubman Pinaud
Brush: Boar
Nice start to day.

A very sombre shave tonight, the Duke gave up the ghost. Started to shed hairs last week and gradually worsened to the point i was left with more badger hair on my face than in the brush.

Rock solid brush though, took having the granny smashed out of it on a daily basis with no real love and attention for the best part of 18 months give or take.

Time to bring one of Fido's out :icon_biggrin:

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Truefitt & Hill no. 10, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Edwin Jagger DE89, with
Gillette 7OC green (4)
Trumper's Coral skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Went the full three-pass route all over and am none the worse for lower neck/shirt interface irritation, in fact probably better. A lovely shave.

Friday:
  • Merkur Progress
  • Personna, Red Pack
  • Simpson Tulip T2
  • Czech & Speake #88 soap
  • D R Harris Pink aftershave
  • Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Back
Top Bottom