Shave of the day, week commencing Saturday 10/09/2011

Men-U face wash,
Simpsons Colonel best badger brush,
Nanny's French Lavender shaving soap,
EJ 89 with Personna red #3,
Wilkinson Sword hydro ASB,
Alfred Sung EDT.

Nice shave today, Nanny's soap is excellent stuff !

Prep: hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 3
Razor: Double Duck by Puma
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
AS: Ogallalla, Limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

008768x800.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Gillette Bleue (vintage)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
SebaMed AS Balsam
Jean Desprez 'Versaille Pour Homme' EdT (vintage)

Used the last of this puck that I'd been nibbling at for quite a while. This is probably my favorite soap....sigh. Really nice performance and the post shave skin care is as good as I've used. I have one more NOS small puck, but I'm gonna keep that in reserve for who knows when.

This old EdT has about the best drydown (oakmoss/vetyver) I've sniffed, but it takes a while to get there. Very strong juice with lots of sillage.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday 09-16-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Handmade brush TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #3 - GIBBS Nº53 shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Old Spice.

Afeitado16-09-11003-1.jpg

Friday

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Late shave after hangover recovery. I really am old enough to know better, but at least I have demonstrated some wisdom by booking the day off work.

Ian

Hot Shower
Brush.....Ian Tang finest Badger(Arundel)
Soap......Geo.,Trumpers Violet Cream
Razor.....Merkur Futur(Shiny Chrome)
Blade.....Gillette Yellow

A very fine shave..managed four good shaves form one Blade....Now thats a record for me....not pushing it any further though.

NF super badger
Nanny's Sandalwood soap
Muhle R41
7 o'clock yellow
Nivea ASB

First shave with the R41 and it could have gone better. I'm left with a couple of weepers and worse still, some serious irritation around the chin. I'll leave it a few days before I give it another go.

I'd have preferred to try an Astra first time out, but I've none left... I didn't want to go straight to a Feather and Personnas sometimes feel a little rough. If I can't nail it with the next few shaves, I'll be moving it on. :s

Edwin Jagger pure badger brush
Pro Raso Eucalyptus and Menthol Cream
Merkur 34C HD
7 o'clock green
Alum Block
Gilette 3 in 1 moisturiser
Floid Blue

I've only been DE shaving for 6 or 7 weeks and this was my first shave with a 7 o clock green and it was the worst shave yet. I've got quite a bit of irritation after my usual 2 passes. My prep was the same as normal (hot shower) so I can only put it down to the new blade. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

A friend brought two razors for me to try out - an Aristocrat Jnr. and a Fatboy.
Thursday
GFT Violet Soap
Phoenix Hill Silvertip
Aristocrat Jnr.
Crystal Blade
Thayers Aftershave/ Nivea ASB

A great shave, really pleased with the results.

Friday
Arko Soap
Phoenix Hill Silvertip
Fatboy on setting 5
Crystal Blade
Thayers Aftershave/ Nivea ASB

This shave didn't go so well. I'll probably swap the Crystal for a Gillette yellow tomorrow.

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Trumper's Sandalwood, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Edwin Jagger DE89, with
Gillette 7OC green (5)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food and cologne

Again three full passes, totally clean and comfortable outcome, and the collar-line irritation continues to lessen. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom