Shave of the day, week commencing Saturday 10/09/2011

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Gillette Bleue Extra
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Caron 'Yatagan' AS (1970s formula)
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (1970s formula)

Tried yet another new to me blade this morning, sent out by Steve (missingchin). I'm guessing these are old ones, since they have the Swedish/Annecy location on the package back. Nice shave with this blade....reminds me of the old Wilkinson Sword. I'm gonna use this blade till it dulls......thanks to that Limey enabler for letting me sample these things.

For you Yatagan fans, try and find some of the older juice. More depth and intensity than some of the reformulated versions have. Lots more of the celery note, which goes nicely with that strong blast of pine. Very fun stuff!

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday:

Merkur HD 34c
Feather
Nameless 2 band badger 24mm
Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Acqua di Parma Colonia

No work today, so a leisurely afternoon shave with some newly acquired goodies that arrived this morning (soap + razor). It was one of those shaves where every element was just perfect. I honestly don't believe I've had a shave that was as enjoyable and successful as this one today.

The Nanny's French Lavender soap was even better than I expected - cushion, moisturising and scent are all top class.

The anonymous badger brush is now my favourite - it's a total lather monster, with the fan shaped 2 band knot feeling utterly luxurious on my face.

And finally, the HD, loaded with a new Feather, cut through the stubble like the proverbial hot knife through butter.

Outstanding! :icon_biggrin:

p1010823m.jpg

Gillette Fatboy on setting 2
BiC Chrome Platinum
TOBS Shaving Shop

Haven't used the BiCs much, or for over a year, but remember them being pretty good. Seemed pretty close and was smooth but was very stubbly under the chin by lunchtime. Probably too low a setting on the Fatboy.

Wednesday

Henckels 5/8
Tony Miller 'Notovan' (30/60)
Simpsons Polo 8 in Best
Al Raz 'Palermo'
Chanel Allure Edition Blanche asb & as

Nothing spectacular as a shave, possibly because I did not get the lather spot on again. I've acquired a few nice razors in the last few days so today's blade -although nothing wrong with it- may be out for sale soon...

Visited my local camera gear supplier in downtown Athens last Monday and enquired on macro lenses. £420 for the Tamron 100/2.8 and around £840 :icon_eek: for the Canon 100/2.8 IS...

Wednesday Evening's (Mostly) Brut(e)al Shave:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's ReSyke shave set
    - Asco Blue & Red super stainless blade
    - Mama Bear's Brute glycerin shave soap
    - Thayers' Cucumber witch Hazel
    - Brut Medallion ASL
    - Brut Moisturizing (sic), Alcohol-Free ASB, with Aloe & Shea Butter
    - Brut Medallion EDT, original recipe(?)

Thanks JohnnyO!

Wednesday

4/8 Taylors Easy Shaver
Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Kent BK4
Boots Essentials AS Balm
Gillette Series Power Rush AS

New Nanny's soap arrived today, smelling absolutely wonderful within its muslin wrap inside the tin. Lovely, instant & thick lather, with a great scent - it was slick, with a good cushion and it left my chops feeling well-moisturised. Another winner, and another of Nanny's soaps to add to my favourites list.

Wednesday

White proraso pre/post
Neo custom 2 band
Provence Sante
FT rocket + gst (3)
Thayers superhazel
Natural Limes Balm

result - 2 passes., close and comfortable. thins appear to be ok for me in the rocket. New razor and blade on next outing.

Wednesday 09-14-11. MUSIC: Neil Young_LP_Harvest (1972).

NeilYoungHarvest.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Handmade brush TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #1 - Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Opaline.

Afeitado14-09-11001.jpg

Horrible shave today, the worse yet! Looks like red blothy sunburn.

Gillette Tech
Gillette Green (1)
NF 2213
BS Macca Root cream
E45

even the e45 cream stung like aftershave, hey ho its always the important days

Thursday:
  • Merkur Progress
  • Personna, Red Pack
  • Simpson Tulip T2
  • D R Harris Almond soap
  • Taylor's Shaving Shop aftershave
I tried the progress about 3 years ago when I had a collection of about 20 razors and never gave it much of a run out. Can't remember the last time I had a better shave with a DE.

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Mix
St James Cedarwood and Clarysage
L'Oreal Balm
Black Suede EDT

I love this cream, great performance and scent. Three passes and a head shave.

Thursday

EJ DE89L
Shark SS (2)
Wilky Boar
C&E Sandalwood Soap

EJ Sandalwood ASM.
C&E Sienna EdT

Three pass, bowl lather.

A few tweaks with the software and another excellent shave. The Wilky Boar handles and bowl mixes the triple milled soaps to perfection.

:icon_razz:

joe mcclaine said:
Thursday:
  • Merkur Progress
  • Personna, Red Pack
  • Simpson Tulip T2
  • D R Harris Almond soap
  • Taylor's Shaving Shop aftershave
I tried the progress about 3 years ago when I had a collection of about 20 razors and never gave it much of a run out. Can't remember the last time I had a better shave with a DE.

Careful Vinny, you'll end up in the dark side!
:angel:

Thursday

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream
Bulldog asb

Needed something to clear my head, this morning. Proraso was just the ticket.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom