Shave of the day - w/c Saturday February 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

34G & Wilkinson > MdC & SOC > Aqua Velva > Institut Karite

SOTD_16Feb.jpg

Re: Shave of the day - w/c Feb. 12th to 18th incl.

Wednesday:

T+H pre shave oil
Body Shop maca root cream
TOBS badger travel brush
English Gillette ball end tech, Gillette Bleue (1)
TOBS Bay Rum splash

Not all that in love with either of my vintage razors, in general they're far too mild for my stubble, but after the top lip disaster yesterday, mild and comfortable is fine for now. Decent enough result.

Tuesday Night

Gong Razor/Trumper DE with Shark Super Chrome
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Boot's Witch Hazel

After 5 days of not shaving owing to my injured hand, things felt okay hand-wise so I gave it a go. Did most of the work with the Gong straight, and then touched up with the DE.

Did have some pain in my hand whilst shaving, but not enough to stop me!

Ian

Wednesday

Loccitane Face Wash
T and H West Indian Limes Cream
NF2221
Slim Adjustable
7 0 Clock Black#1
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

Horrible shave today new blade and slim set on 5 for some reason there was a lot of pull, not nice at all putting it down to a bad blade as used these blades before and had really good shaves.

Wednesday 16th February

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Simpson Wee Scot - Gillette Parat - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1) - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns AS

Much better. Only went for a one pass shave with touch ups (hence the Wee Scot), as I was a bit irritated from yesterday, especially on my neck.

Wednesday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01 24 mm
Razor: Frederick´s celebrated razor
Soap: Nannys The Spicy one
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Wow, how nice was that! Four days and no shave, been sick as a dog (infection in an old root canal job), but now I feel like a new man :D. I got a test tub from Sharons (thanks) new formula. My first impression: more cussion and sticky (sticks to the face better) effect and maybe less slippery. I need to test more though. Did I sense patchouli in the spice mix!? I also got a new brush :D from a trade. These D01:s knots are very dense and has an extremly soft feeling/touch.
P2160003800x643.jpg

Fido said:
Mikael, you are acquiring a great brush collection!

Thank you Fido! It´s very modest collection though, especially compared to some others :lol:. It´s thanks to you I got interested in brushes to start with, before the NF brushes I was more focused on my straights and didn´t think a brush made that a big difference. I´m starting to think I got a lot of corners covered now ... Maybe :lol:

Wednesday

Ever Ready Shovel Head (1924)
Gem #1
Palmolive Soap
Omega 81052
Alum
OS Whitewater

A bit rougher than I was expecting but its the 1st time out with this razor and a new blade. A DFS but some weepers.

Re: Wednesday

Yellow Jim said:
Why the potato K? Are you finding it more effective than alum? :)
Don't know why, really. Was in a hurry this am and wanted to have smt in the pic, took another shot with a cigar cutter in the place of the potato but it came out blurry (was taken handheld). So with no time left I decided to go with the potato.

And what an antithesis with the shave it was, as today's shave was anything but a 'potato'... Superb job from the MdC...

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Simpson badger
1958 Executive/Feather
J Peterman 1903 SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Aramis 'Havana' EdT

Nice getting back to one of my favorite razor/blade combos. The Feather blade is magical in the Executive, unlike most other razors in my rotation.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Havana.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom