Shave of the day - w/c Saturday February 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shave of the day - w/c Feb. 12th to 18th incl.

Slow Shaving said:
Thanks. What a big brush! :hungrig

I wonder if it is a fan or extra-fan sape. Enjoy this beauty.

I would say a regulare fan shape, it´s nothing remotly close to one of those flat headed fans I´ve seen anyway.

Thursday night.

Extra shave for today on top of the morning work one. Just because.

Godrej shaving cream (original)
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur HD, Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (green) - 2
TOBS bay rum.

First time with Godrej. It. Is. Simply. Superb. I must get more of this... at three quid a tube, could this be the worlds best value cream? :ugeek:

I've not posted in here for a while, no reason, just need more hours in the day!

Thursday evening

Hot Shower
Tabac soap
SOC
40's Aristocrat
Shark blade (1)
Tabac AS

I haven't used the SOC since secret santa bought my 1305, and certainly not since the 2221 came! But I persevered with it tonight (I SO want it to work!) and loaded it up well with Tabac, and got a great three passes from it, very happy :D

The Shark's are at this point of time the best performing blade I've tried. And with 300ml of Tabac AS incoming this week I can afford to be generous with it!

THursday

White proraso pre/post
NF silvertip
Formula 31 lime soap
Muhle R41 + Shark SC (5)
Alum
Proraso ASB + Formula 31 lime A/S

result: 3passes + touch ups - excellent - smooth all over.

Pre - hot shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X2 best badger
Soap - Dr Harris almond (sample)
Razor - Mergress
Blade - 7 o'clock yellow (4)
AS - Thayers witch hazel AS
ASB - Dr Harris milk of cucumber and roses

I got this sample of Dr Harris almond soap from Vinny (joe mcclaine). He said it had an earthy smell and boy he wasn't wrong! It lathered well and provided all I expect in a lather but will need a few more shaves to get used to the scent. I was expecting almond to be more like Cella which smells of marzipan. Anyway after my BBS yesterday I was a bit tender today so just a DFS in 3 passes.

Friday

Good morning. The weekend is here.

Merkur 34G & Wilkinson Sword UK > Dovo Eucalyptus & Rooney 1/2 > Santa Maria Novella after shave lotion & emulsione analcolica.

SOTD_18Feb.jpg

Very very nice indeed. The Dovo, another recommendation by Teiste (for the lanolin) smells great and leaves the skin feeling fresh yet so soft.
Assisted by the SMN products, face is silky smooth now despite the -18 deg. C currently outside.

Re: Friday

N_Architect said:
Very very nice indeed. The Dovo, another recommendation by Teiste (for the lanolin) smells great and leaves the skin feeling fresh yet so soft.
Assisted by the SMN products, face is silky smooth now despite the -18 deg. C currently outside.
Good to know that it works for you!I find that cream a hidden gem:maybe not the best scent,but as good as Santa Maria La Novella crema da barba and half of the price.

Friday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper's Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Alum
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

and very nice it was, too.

Ian

Friday 18th February

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Gillette Parat - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2) - Speick AS

This brush was a pleasure to use today, I think it's really starting to come into it's own and hold more lather.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
GFT Almond SC,
Simpson Special in Best,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDFeb19th2011.jpg

Not a happy shave today! :(
I don't like the Almond. Never did like the smell of it but I found the sample and thought well it has to be used.

And............the wee Simpson shed a hair. No biggie really but its over a year old and this is its' 1st loss! :?

Anyhoo enough of this moanin & bitchin its almost coffee time! :)

P.S. I thought you might enjoy my retro 60s duvet cover? :roll:

oscarbowman said:
And............the wee Simpson shed a hair. No biggie really but its over a year old and this is its' 1st loss! :?

I have a Simpsons Special (which is what you have there, I believe) and it was my first badger brush. From day one it shed 1-2 hairs/shave, but it still performs okay.

Ian

Friday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest silvertip knot in vintage barber handle
Razor: Henckels
Soap: Nannys, The Spicy One
AS: Prada
Strops: Neill Miller linen/cardovan 30/50
Result: Very, very clean
Today I went all in and lathered Nannys new formula from damp/dryish brush and added water slowly. When I reached a point where I prob would have stoped, I continued. I payed off, usually Nannys soaps needs much water and for this new formula I used even more (at least it felt so for me). Anyhow - Success - slick and protective lather in mass. This new formula is nice, aka da tits! :D
P2170028800x599.jpg

Friday

Hot Shower
Loccitane Face Wash
T and H West Indian Limes
NF2221
EJ 89L
Permasharp Super#2
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

Decided to use the Edwin Jagger today and a great shave with the permasharp blade better than the slim adjustable yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom