Shave of the day - w/c Saturday February 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shave of the day - w/c Feb. 12th to 18th incl.

Thursday, 17.Feb.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 830 boar
Nanny's Silly Soaps "The Spicy One" (sample)
Mühle R89
Iridium Super (6)
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

First time that I've tried Nanny's soap - the sample was given me by a friend. A good soap (althought it looks like a cream) that delivered a thick, protective and moisturizing lather, with a very good fragrance! I like it! :hungrig

Wednesday
Pre: Hot shower
Brushes: Shavemac D01 two band + New Forest 2221
Razor: Red Imp 133
Soaps: Nannys Patchouli + The Spicy One
AS: Mennen
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Wow, what a brush, the Shavemac. Soft and pure luxury :D. And the NF is a lather master and produced tons of lather. Today I lathered up my Nanny test soap again (The Spicy One, not in pic) and I got it better today and it produced lovely slippery Nannys lather. First I did the same mistake as I did yesterday and made it to dry (it looked good enough to put a cherry on top off though, but really was to dry). I´ll keep on it this week, but this seems to be a very good soap indeed and I´ll get it right from the start next time (tomorrow :D).
P2160004800x628.jpg

Thursday

DE 89
Asco Orange
Ingram Cream
Omega 81052
Alum

Very nice shave, 1st time with and Asco and I'm impressed but lets see how shaves 2 & 3 go with it.

Wednesday Evening

EJ 87 + Feather
Semogue 1305
Boots bowl soap
Proraso splash
D&G PH edt

Bought and tried the Boots soap yesterday. Very good. Inexpensive, too.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Coral SF as prep,
GFT Violet SC,
Simpson Colonel,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Ajaccio Violets EdT.

SOTDFeb17th2011.jpg

Nice close shave. Just the usual spots on the neck to complain about!! :roll:

No SOTD yesterday. Had a funeral to attend and it had a knock on effect that disrupted the whole of the day! A pity because although I didn't have time to post it I had a wonderful shave yesterday. :D

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Knize Ten EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Mikael said:
Wednesday
Pre: Hot shower
Brushes: Shavemac D01 two band + New Forest 2221
Razor: Red Imp 133
Soaps: Nannys Patchouli + The Spicy One
AS: Mennen
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Wow, what a brush, the Shavemac. Soft and pure luxury :D. And the NF is a lather master and produced tons of lather. Today I lathered up my Nanny test soap again (The Spicy One, not in pic) and I got it better today and it produced lovely slippery Nannys lather. First I did the same mistake as I did yesterday and made it to dry (it looked good enough to put a cherry on top off though, but really was to dry). I´ll keep on it this week, but this seems to be a very good soap indeed and I´ll get it right from the start next time (tomorrow :D).
P2160004800x628.jpg

Either it's my eyes or thar brush has a Hair bent down that looks like a Crack...or that Shavemac has a Crack in it ......... :?

Thursday

EJ 89L
Voskhon Russian Blade (day 2)
Omega Boar
TOBS Sandlewood Shave Soap
Old Spice Original After Shave

Day two with the Voskhon blade is still very smooth & sharp.

Thursday PM.

Prep:
Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel

Shave:
'63 Gillette slim adjustable (from FrenchBlade - thanks, Max!)
Crystal Platinum (1)
Kent BK2
TOBS sandalwood cream, bowl-lathered

Post-shave:
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive A/S balm

3 passes (WTG, XTG, WTG/ATG) plus touch-ups.

Wow! :eek: Received the razor in the post this morning. Loaded a fresh Crystal blade, as that's what I've been using in my Merkur HD, and shaved this afternoon. I started cautiously, so did the first pass on position 2. As that felt so easy and mild, I turned up to 3 for 2nd and 3rd passes. Still some roughness under my jaw, so turned down to 1 for touch-ups. This was a mistake, though, because it ws so mild it didn't get rid of the roughness :lol: , so re-did the area turned up to 3.

Result is a good shave, not BBS, but I wasn't going for closeness. I was more concerned with trying an unfamiliar razor and getting an idea of what the lower settings were like. Best of all, 0 irritation - no stinging on the application of witch hazel. With my HD, I always have the feeling that, if I lose concentration and get casual, it'll bite. This razor never felt like it was ever going to get me, and that's despite me, at times, accidentally reverting to the steeper blade angle of the HD. :cool:

Next time, II'll start on 3 and go up to 4, then, if that still feels smooth, I'll edge up on subsequent shaves. My only problem is that I think my Merkur may be staying in the drawer most of the time! :D

sunburyboy93 said:
Either it's my eyes or thar brush has a Hair bent down that looks like a Crack...or that Shavemac has a Crack in it ......... :?

It´s neither :lol: I think it´s an optical illusion. The brush handles isn´t flat when it lays like that on the soap tub, the back is higher than the part closest to the knot + it got a strange effect with the sides and ngels when I took the shot (if it makes sense)... So, I´m not on Crack, you´re prob not on Crack, but PC´s most likely :lol:

Edited: #%¤", it´s a hair bent down :oops:

Thursday
Castle Forbes lavander SC/Merkur 33C with RED IP/Semogue brush/Thayers lavander lotion/Weleda Balsam
P1160397.jpg

Mikael said:
WednesdayWow, what a brush, the Shavemac. Soft and pure luxury :D.
P2160004800x628.jpg
A very nice brush, could you tell us the knot and loft sizes? I heard that this kind of hair is hard to break, it is true? Thanks.

Slow Shaving said:
A very nice brush, could you tell us the knot and loft sizes? I heard that this kind of hair is hard to break, it is true? Thanks.

Thank you! I´m no expert though, so please don´t take my word to serious. I don´t know about the break in period, I got it in trade and it feels like the hair tips has began to split allready (not all the way though). Knot is 30 mm and the loft approx 55 mm, so it makes it a brush with very good backbone (since I think reg D01 hair has good backbone to start with and this being a two band).
P2170001640x479.jpg

Thursday, 02-17-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Morison shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 + ASL Old Spice Original.

Afeitado17-02-11003-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom